US Politics:The Rule of Lord Dampnut's Tiny Iron Fist

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that "privileged" thing. The argument usually goes "more privileged than".
Try to imagine growing up with the fear of getting your head bashed in for being gay. So I can say that heterosexuals are more privileged than homosexuals, because they don't have to fear violence or discrimination because of their sexual orientation. Yet I can also admit that I'm still more privileged than transsexuals, because they have to fear more and have more rights denied to them than I do.
I don't think you have to worry about getting your head bashed in for that unless you live in iran... but then again getting thrown off a building seems to be more likely even then.

And transsexuals have all the same human rights as everyone else, really, they just dont have special transgender rights to accommodate them which does not count as discrimination. That's just not special treatment. And no, saying someone can't do something that requires mental stability isn't discrimination either. I ain't tryina be transphobic but let's not forget those scarily high suicide rates, which are not being brought down at all.

I gave you these more clear cut examples to help you understand the argument. Try to understand the lives of other people. Try to imagine getting your job application rejected because you have a "black-sounding name". Having to fear getting beaten up by racists. Being a black kid getting shot by police simply because black youth are perceived as generally older and less innocent. Getting sexually harassed as a woman and getting blamed for it.

These are all problems and constant fears that we whites/men don't have to worry about. I don't have to worry about men touching me. I don't have to worry about being discriminated against for my skin color. Or beaten up for that reason. That's what "white privilege" or "male privilege" is about. Don't rely on some dishonest Youtube-muppets to explain it to you, if you want to understand what the issues are about. They are making money of you, nothing else.
Well as a white trump supporter I guess I have to worry about getting tortured on a Facebook livestream, since that's happened one time recently. Oh. And getting death threats from millions of people for standing still while a native american guy harasses me. Where's my privilege now? The more we worry about what problems our own skin color will bring (when it is against the law to do such things as discrimination) the more people will start claiming non racist acts as racism and stop focusing on what matters. Besides the fact that black people are way more in danger of black people than white people when it comes to violence
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

I don't think you have to worry about getting your head bashed in for that unless you live in iran... but then again getting thrown off a building seems to be more likely even then.
Tell me more about how you know better what my life is.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but homophobia is still alive and well in the Western world. I know it does not fit in your world view, but guess what, white Christians can be assholes that try to take my rights away and/or assault me for being gay. You don't have to be brown or Muslim to do that. Get out of your own ass before you tell someone that their experience isn't real unless it conforms to your bigoted world view. Jesus Christ you are delusional.

Tell me more about how you know better what my life is.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but homophobia is still alive and well in the Western world. I know it does not fit in your world view, but guess what, white Christians can be assholes that try to take my rights away and/or assault me for being gay. You don't have to be brown or Muslim to do that. Get out of your own ass before you tell someone that their experience isn't real unless it conforms to your bigoted world view. Jesus Christ you are delusional.
I was not referring to you specifically, just generally what tends to be true

I was not referring to you specifically, just generally what tends to be true
Generally true is that homosexuals in the West still have to fear homophobic violence and discrimination, I'm not some kind of exception. Your whataboutism is unnecessary.

trump?? more like dump! haha epic clapback like subscribe retweet reblog follow unfollow tag #dumpthetrump #moreliketrumpster #get-it-sounds-like-dumpster #resisttrump #politics-more-like-throw-some-bricks #peteseeger-was-right

edit, additional disclaimer: i hate trump
Your hashtag game is on point.

trump?? more like dump! haha epic clapback like subscribe retweet reblog follow unfollow tag #dumpthetrump #moreliketrumpster #get-it-sounds-like-dumpster #resisttrump #politics-more-like-throw-some-bricks #peteseeger-was-right

edit, additional disclaimer: i hate trump
giphy.gif

so the corp dems are alrdy scheming against Bernie

and Bernie supporters have responded with a new Bernie or bust and this time 20percent will vote for trump if the dems steal the nomination from Bernie
Last time it was only 12 percent

I'm posting from my phone now So I cant link the link but if you look up tin pool on utune youl find the Bernie or bust report.

Statement
Shin and brain say that the Dems are a left party( I disagree ofcourse)
Question if shin and brain are correct and I'm wrong then why is it that the Dems (corporate and neoloberal) are so against running Bernie, who is most definatly both the most popular candidate and the most left?
And please remember the same polls that showed Hillary beating hitler, i mean trump. Also showed Bernie beating him by a bigger amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well fold now for 2020, no sense in even playing the game. Seems impossible that Trump would lose at this point, simply just because the other side is embarrassing themselves way more.

Might as well fold now for 2020, no sense in even playing the game. Seems impossible that Trump would lose at this point, simply just because the other side is embarrassing themselves way more.

That level of complacency is the reason the democrats lost in 2016. They all thought the other side was such a mess that there was no way Hillary could lose. That did not turn out well for the dems.

That level of complacency is the reason the democrats lost in 2016. They all thought the other side was such a mess that there was no way Hillary could lose. That did not turn out well for the dems.
I did consider this, but wouldn't it be funny if we tried the same thing and it actually worked

Statement
Shin and brain say that the Dems are a left party( I disagree ofcourse)
Question if shin and brain are correct and I'm wrong then why is it that the Dems (corporate and neoloberal) are so against running Bernie, who is most definatly both the most popular candidate and the most left?
And please remember the same polls that showed Hillary beating hitler, i mean trump. Also showed Bernie beating him by a bigger amount.
The dems are not a fascist hivemind like the republicans and different opinions are allowed. Now there are some who take it the democratic way and try to change the party to their line of thinking and then there are people who don't understand politics and want to burn everything down.

The dems are not a fascist hivemind like the republicans and different opinions are allowed
I've rarely seen different opinions allowed among the dems and I almost always see other opinions allowed in the republican party. Much more open discussion and less censorship on the republican party by principal.

I've rarely seen different opinions allowed among the dems and I almost always see other opinions allowed in the republican party. Much more open discussion and less censorship on the republican party by principal.
Republican politicians are the most easily offended people I've ever seen. They want to lock athletes up for using their free speech. They try to protest companies who dare to say that people should be maybe a little less shitty. Or how they censor science that doesn't fit their agenda. And the list goes on and on.
Anti-censorship and open dialogue my ass.

Republican politicians are the most easily offended people I've ever seen. They want to lock athletes up for using their free speech. They try to protest companies who dare to say that people should be maybe a little less shitty. Or how they censor science that doesn't fit their agenda. And the list goes on and on.
Guess this is a pretty good example of blindness to ones own party. I definitely disagree with the kaepernick outrage from the right for one, I don't think he deserved to be praised but definitely not persecuted so much. But on the other hand the dems have quite the history of censorship themselves that they actually get away with often. Dems also censor science that doesn't fit their agenda. (and nah, there is plenty of evidence against a lot of the usual climate change claims so that's not purely agenda based from the right)

Care to give a few examples?
of course!

Many analysts think that a good example of climate change is the michigan lakes which are shrinking, and will be gone in 100-something years. and yet they appear to be wrong:
https://www.weather.gov/mkx/highlakemichiganwaterlevel

As currently the water level in lake michigan for example is the highest it's been in 17 years and rising.

there were other pretty big ones i noticed looking stuff up from interviews but that's the one I remember right now. There's also the thing where, climate change is basically sensationalism pushed by the liberal scientific community and there really isn't a lot of publicly observable evidence that it's man-made or that anything man-made can really be done to stop it. Pretty much the whole issue seems to be a scam to get people to vote for tax-paid environment programs that aren't scientifically theorized to work at all. A lot of throwing money at things that don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back