Television Discussion

Watched a good chunk of the first season of the Blacklist, and man, I'm really enjoying this. Reddington just steals the show with every moment of screen time he has. Charismatic anti-heros/villainous characters are my shit. As good as Reddington is, Liz is not too shabby either though as the female lead. I like how there's some overarching plot lines weaved into the episodic stuff as well.

No surprise Reddington is awesome they managed to land a big name charismatic actor for the role. I might have to start this. I've always been a bit curious about it because it stars James Spader, but seeing that you and @LinkSword both like it makes the temptation all the greater. I only have one more episode of Black Mirror to go, so I might get on it after that.

You need to watch more TV. Stranger Thing is a nice pastiche of 80s cinema, but there's much better TV out there.
You're probably right, but what was so significant for me is i haven't watched TV in 2 years because everything looked like shit and i ended up dropping literally everything i was watching. I can safely say Stranger Things is the first TV show in years that i could even stand to watch. Time will tell if it turns to garbage like everything else does though, if they made a third season.

So i COULD watch more TV but when it comes to television i'm a cynical old prick and don't like any of it, so i probably won't.

So i COULD watch more TV but when it comes to television i'm a cynical old prick and don't like any of it, so i probably won't.

We're still in the golden age of television. TV has never had this much variety or options for quality content. You should probably dig a bit deeper. There's something to match anyone's taste out there.

We're still in the golden age of television. TV has never had this much variety or options for quality content. You should probably dig a bit deeper. There's something to match anyone's taste out there.
Inspiring words, dude. I haven't been remotely interested in digging deeper for forever but now that I finally found a show I like, maybe I should come back to American TV a little bit. A friend told me Black Mirror is good, I might try that one.

I think this virtually applies to any medium though, whether, it's anime/games/movies you're going to have to do some digging through all the crap, for the really good stuff either way.

I just finished watching the third episode of Fargo season 3, aaaaaaaaaand nope. Just nope. I'm bored beyond belief. Please tell me it gets better.

Am I the only one that watches TV series over at least once a year, ever though they series has been canceled or only the first seasons. I do this for:
The Listener about a mind reading a paramedic with telepathic powers, who is a consulting the cops by listening to the thoughts of victims and criminals, and seeing images.
Blood korean tv series about a vampire doctor.
Masters Sun, A woman that see ghost.
The first season of the flash, arrow, blacklist, person of interest, saving grace, burn notice

I seen Blacklist up till the third season. Happy! Ok. Cutthroat is good you have to have be a little twisted to come up with some of the sabatose . Killjoys is space bounty hunter.
Been watching Ghost Wars plot is a little slow but the concept is good.
Chicago p.d
Lucifer

If you dont mind reading subtitles. Go to Dramafever.com they have Korean shows that are real good, Blood, Blade man, Master Sun, My Amazing Boyfriend, My love for another star. I wish they had more season for some of these.

Black Sails Season 2

It really ramps up after the first season because holy fuck everything gets more amazing. Charles Vane, Jack Rackham, John Silver, Max, everybody becomes better except for Charles Vane, who is already fuckballs awesome with his voice. Just finished episode 8 and it is just blowing me away. Politics for sure, but pirate politics always lead to violence. Discussions lead to violence. People get cut, backs get stabbed and shit gets goddamn fucking lit. And it doesn't rely on having 9 instances of titties per episode despite all the time spent in a whorehouse.

The End of the Fucking World

A dark, funny and surprisingly dramatic road film cut into eight episodes. The series takes us into the lives of two psychological damaged teenagers as they run away from their fucked up home lives to go on an ill conceived road trip that turns into a crime spree.

I loved the characters. Neither James nor Alyssia are particularly likable at the start. James believes he's a psychopath and only goes along with Alyssia because he wants to kill her and Alyssia is sour, abrasive and full of rage at a world she thinks is completely fake. However, as their road trip starts to go sour the two actually do grow closer and they both grow as characters. The series does a remarkable job of making me root for these two and want to see their relationship work out even though it's really not possible.

There's a lot of dark comedy in the series and it can get quite disturbing at times. Especially in the early going when James is fixated on killing Alyssia. There's also a lot of disturbing events happening around the two of them and it helps them realize who they are as people. It's both funny and helps to define them as characters that are going through an intense experience that will leave them changed.

I didn't particularly dig the ending. It ends on such a cliche and obvious cliffhanger. The rest of the series is a treat though. I'd definitely recommend this weird take on Bonnie and Clyde in an indie character drama. 8 out of 10

Watched the first couple episodes of The Toys that Made Us on Netflix. The Barbie episode is hilarious. Not only were the first Barbie designs based on a hooker doll from post WWII Europe, but the brand was made great by some a colorful bunch of criminals, sex addicts and one savage as fuck CEO that would do anything to sabotage the competition. I really had no idea that Barbie was so damn badass.

Netflix tells me I'd like this Black Mirror Show.
I do enjoy horror anthologies.
Look up description of episode 1.

...Yeah, eat my ass, Netflix.

Yeah, I'm sure a show that debuts with
a dude humping a pig
is a masterpiece. "Cause you watched The Twilight Zone" my ass.
I don’t recall any pig humping. Whatever. It is pretty twilight zoney, but more aboot technology, and interesting though often creepy directions it’s headed in.

Back