Takt Op.

the state doesnt seems to go full military to do open warafare to fight those monsters, the military only dress uniforms they dont do anything at all
That's pretty realistic to me, after all, there's no oil in fighting music hating monsters.

To address your whole complaint... I really think that, like, who cares if the world building isn't that good? I mean, the premise is you kill monsters (okay) who hate music (uh) using music (oh) and a superpowered robotic human spirit thing which uses its masters limb to transform into a battle state and kill them with a transforming rifle sword (wh-what)

I'm good with like, no explanation for this. Like FLCL levels of worldbuilding are fine for this type of plot. Just let us figure everything out, and show us the character development and action.

As a classical pianist who has played some of these pieces, I really felt that when Takt said "It's not just about technique. I can't see it reaching anyone in a world that has abandoned music." Some of the music I play, make, and enjoy seems to be abandoned by my peers. They'll recognize that the music is technically great, but it fails to reach them on a personal level. Then crippling self doubt sets in and thoughts about "what's the point of it all" start to take over. I'm not sure how far this story is going to explore this concept (Your Lie in April and Kids on the Slope played with this idea masterfully), but I hope it does come back and isn't just a throwaway line.

The story at this point is kind of ridiculous. It's derivative, almost overplayed, but I don't think it takes itself too seriously. Similarly to an anime like Angel Beats, I think there's a bit of self awareness to its blatant theivery of anime tropes. There's always a bit of levity to its tone to make it not so austere that it becomes overly melodramatic.

Just have a better story than Vivy and this is an easy 4/5.

Please.

Things look even worse when they're slow.

Now you see the pie... now you don't.
No... you can't be...

Are... are you referring to the fact that when slowed down, you can more clearly see in-between frames, smear frames, and other motion techniques in animation, apart from the full picture? Are you referring to how, when taken apart into a series of images, animation doesn't look as impressive as when it's strung together at the correct FPS?

ARE YOU REFERRING TO THE ANIMATION LOOKING BAD, WHEN ITS NO LONGER ANIMATION AND IS ACTUALLY JUST A SERIES OF DISTUINGUISHABLE IMAGES?

WHEN THE ENTIRE POINT OF ANIMATION IS THAT THOSE IMAGES BE SEEN IN RAPID SEQUNCE?!?!

TO MAKE THEM LOOK GOOD?!?

You are literally saying.

That the entire point of animation.

Is to hide shit animation

By being animation. By being animated so you can't tell it's just a series of frames that don't look as good as when they're animated how they were intended to be.

Is this good animation?

rKnwam6.jpg

No, his hand looks so goofy, his arm is all stretched out, it looks like he has no limbs! How silly!

How about this?

Koe2IZX.gif

Yes? Good animation? It's almost like, now that it's in context with the other images, it's suddenly good?

Oh, wait, no, that isn't good animation at all, thats just a bunch of shitty drawings together that have been sped up? According to you?

migrane_always_sunny.gif

I have seen my share of bad takes on this website. But this absolutely takes the cake.

Last edited:
No... you can't be...

Are... are you referring to the fact that when slowed down, you can more clearly see in-between frames, smear frames, and other motion techniques in animation, apart from the full picture? Are you referring to how, when taken apart into a series of images, animation doesn't look as impressive as when it's strung together at the correct FPS?

ARE YOU REFERRING TO THE ANIMATION LOOKING BAD, WHEN ITS NO LONGER ANIMATION AND IS ACTUALLY JUST A SERIES OF DISTUINGUISHABLE IMAGES?

WHEN THE ENTIRE POINT OF ANIMATION IS THAT THOSE IMAGES BE SEEN IN RAPID SEQUNCE?!?!

TO MAKE THEM LOOK GOOD?!?

You are literally saying.

That the entire point of animation.

Is to hide shit animation

By being animation. By being animated so you can't tell it's just a series of frames that don't look as good as when they're animated how they were intended to be.

migrane_always_sunny.gif

I have seen my share of bad takes on this website. But this absolutely takes the cake.
I'm a random dude on the internet with irrelevant opinions who dislikes an irrelevant anime's animation. No need to get into a typing contest.

"Don't worry guys! If everything moves around really, really fast, no one will notice that the battle animation is shit!"
According to your logic, if it is not ufotable, the animation is dogshit. And I cannot really disagree with you, but not everyone can afford the ufotable’s noble phantasm, also known as:

y4CO9fp.jpg

I just wish the title wasn't so shit. It looks like it was written in python.

I thought it looked really strange too, and it took me until after watching the first episode to realize the reference to musical notation.

True. But I think it was kinda smart. Classical music is catalogued by Opus (e.g. Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is Op. 27, No. 2).
As someone in reddit aptly put: "Op is short for "Opus" which is the Latin for "work". It provides a way of identifying exactly which piece is being talked about."
In this case, we're talking about Takt's Destiny.

It doesn't look good, though I think it's better than what recent anime is comming with. Otherwise, it would be something like: "Maestro! I Just Want to Listen to Music, But I Have To Fight Against The Damn Black Rocks"

Agreed. I actually think this was pretty clever, and a nice little Easter egg for classical music enthusiasts.

As for the two episodes out so far, I see both sides of the argument on it. To me, the story is completely over-the-top ridiculous, but I like the characters and their interactions well enough to stick around. The music and animation are great, I'm enjoying the Wild West American setting and as has already been said, the snappy dialogue and animation remind of Monogatari and Fate, which is absolutely a great thing. I like Takt. I love his design, and I love his music obsession to the exclusion of everything else. I like introverted talented socially inept characters. I agree that the world building can be done through show rather than tell, and there is enough of a plot to leave me with a million questions that I will keep watching the show in order to find answers to.

My only real complaint at this time is- property damage. I would have liked to see the duo slapped with a humongous bill after causing all that damage not only in the town, but also at that restaurant. Even Vash the Stampede was at least getting in trouble for the insane destruction left in his wake everywhere he went. I understand the town wasn't completely their fault- but Takt chose to play the piano in the open, and they didn't even try to take the fight outside. How these two haven't wound up as wanted fugitives yet is a mystery. One I hope is addressed, since that would totally work in this Western setting.

It will be hella funny if there is someone who still finds the animation lacking after this episode. Anyways, too bad this anime does not have Shiro Sagisu. Imagine wathching the series listening to something as epic as this:

Only the 3rd episode and they kill the best girl.
anime-girl.gif

And the most important part, did this dude just:
30c3408e3a3d79528a8ed61cb974e9f7.jpg

Episode 3:

Well nothing really happened for the first half. They do answer the questions they posed in the previous episode and there's a decent fight. Idk about animation but Anna's reaction to Lenny's explanation felt so off. Her acting (or animation?) felt like an itch you can't reach. I didn't get the same feeling while watching other characters. I prefer binging so this episode felt painfully short on "stuff that happened". This is the first season where I'm watching more than one currently airing show - that I'm not contributing on as a mod - alongside its release so I might be expecting too many things from every single episode though.

I don't rightfully know why, but the way this lenny dude talks makes me irrationally mad. It's like, a grown ass man trying to talk like a mature anime woman. Anyways.

Honestly, I like titan's shotgun just as much as destiny's... sword... cannon.

Okay so destiny's a freak, and she's not normal, and that's why she's accidentally eating up tact's life force when she does anything. But that begs the question, why is she different, and what stops what happened to her from happening to literally anyone else? If symphonica created the musicarts supposedly then that shouldn't be able to happen. But, if say, they actually didn't, and musicarts are just something they claimed they made?

Also, let me just take a moment to point out a really weird thing about the visuals.

There are... subtle red and green highlights on all of the characters. I don't know what purpose this serves because you can't really see them unless you're really, really looking, but they're there, sneaking up on you.

OyGLRET.jpg

It's kind of hard to see in a particular scene but, if you'll look at the front of his face, you'll see these green highlights on the outline. And then the lines that make up his jawbone and ear are highlighted in... kind of a more reddish color. Even the girl's hair has that weird green highlight. Why?

I don't rightfully know why, but the way this lenny dude talks makes me irrationally mad. It's like, a grown ass man trying to talk like a mature anime woman. Anyways.

Honestly, I like titan's shotgun just as much as destiny's... sword... cannon.

Okay so destiny's a freak, and she's not normal, and that's why she's accidentally eating up tact's life force when she does anything. But that begs the question, why is she different, and what stops what happened to her from happening to literally anyone else? If symphonica created the musicarts supposedly then that shouldn't be able to happen. But, if say, they actually didn't, and musicarts are just something they claimed they made?

Also, let me just take a moment to point out a really weird thing about the visuals.

There are... subtle red and green highlights on all of the characters. I don't know what purpose this serves because you can't really see them unless you're really, really looking, but they're there, sneaking up on you.

OyGLRET.jpg

It's kind of hard to see in a particular scene but, if you'll look at the front of his face, you'll see these green highlights on the outline. And then the lines that make up his jawbone and ear are highlighted in... kind of a more reddish color. Even the girl's hair has that weird green highlight. Why?
My guess is that it's just supposed to be a little bit of an intentional artifact, like an actual camera, because different frequencies bend at different angles when faced with a lens, which causes those kinds of highlights to naturally form when taking video. It's a common effect in game titles too, and for more info uh here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_aberration

Not much to add about episode 3 other than that Titan looks so much like Crunchyroll-hime that it's mildly distracting.

Xab1tdtfKsBlDGni1p3EaxR78yHfbvqKHbxnvUjKa7EmHwqfYtuT74hkDUHq0pRYPbmVf6ELD06_JKgMRIIHJzL1niGE3kl-rSGOFuUSFgKB7i9EBKHCw36_SXkBZNJe_AxV3exV

Show's a solid 4/5 so far for me. Still kinda hesitant about the story but I think that's just the double edged nature of an anime original.

Ep 3:
I love this Lenny guy and his musicart Titan. Destiny is annoying with her aloofness. "Oh I'm killing you, Maestro?" Idk how she can be this dumb and bad at fighting, but it's better than being broken from the get go.

Back