Lupin III: Fujiko's Lie

Overall thoughts on the movie:
I feel like I've been spoiled when it comes to Lupin the 3rd films, but I think the problem is that I unconsciously make comparisons to Castle of Cagliostro. I like the fact that Fujiko has her own movie, and I'd definitely take that over that so called series that was focused on her but had Mari Okada as the series composition. Hearing that Mari Okada worked on a Fujiko anime just doesn't inspire a lot of confidence if I'm being honest.

As for the movie itself, I don't think its bad. At the beginning I think Gene came off as bratty at first, but he got better the closer he got to Fujiko. Binkam made for a freaky antagonist, all that blowing of dust was making me think of Desertman from Megaman Battle network. Though I do think his arc did kind of end on a lame note, even if he did managed to cop a feel towards the end.

I liked those moments with Fujiko with the motherly affection and sympathy, even if she did go back to the same lifestyle, but there were definitely glimpses of something pure with her character. So overall, I enjoyed the movie to some extent, I just wish there was more with the story. 3/5.

Back