Komi Can't Communicate

Hard pass. The comedy looks obnoxious and I hate these character designs.
The character designs do be kinda poopy, looking at this one along with other seasonal prospects now. It's a pass unless it turns out to actually be funny.

Last edited:
hmm so this is gonna be one of those shows they take forever to subtitle eh..........guess I'll just watch the raws......

Edit: damn, based on ep 1, this ain't the easiest thing to subtitle........lots of kanji........sigh, guess I have to follow this episode up with chapter 1 in the manga.....

...........yeah on second thought I'ma leave that alone, I skimmed through some early pages and it quickly shifts in a different direction from what ep 1 in the anime presented......I'll just have to wait for a sub group to pick it up...........

Last edited:
YESSSSSS I CAN'T WAIT

As someone who has invested so much money into the manga, I can't wait to see these characters come to life in the anime

Looks like this series well-deserves the hype.
Honestly, I am surprised to say that, but it was quite an enjoyable episode and, hopefully, I will not change my opinion on the series after the final episode. The comedy elements were absolutely perfect, the animation was a bit weird, but it did not take that long to get used to it, the OST was really amazing.

Tadano, I know that feeling, fight. Although, your school mates might hate you, you now sit next to the best girl, it is well worth it. Eat it, suckers.

Some asshole on MAL said director Kazuki Kawagoe was just "riding the coattails" of chief director Ayumu Watanabe
Watanabe was barely involved with episode 1-- it was boarded and directed by Kawagoe himself, with little input by Watanabe
Don't be like that asshole who is also an idiot

my goshh! i watched the first episode & the adaption was like too good!! i read the first 6 chapters of the manga after watching the announcement trailer. animation is really good unlike blue period which did injustice to the manga this anime adaption did capture the whole the vibe and somehow elevated it!
and those opening visuals were simply amazing!:laugh:

Last edited:
just look at these who wouldn't fall in love!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm so glad they're doing Komi-san justice.
It was a good, if slow first episode and I liked it. Having silent moments with them just writing on the blackboard was a nice touch as well.
I was wondering what the voice actress was gonna do with the character, but Koga Aoi did a good job portraying this extremely adorable cinnamon roll with cute noises, which I didn't expect, and the occasional soft spoken words.

Its a beautiful and incredibly wholesome anime with lots of lovable characters, so I urge everyone to give it a shot even if you got filtered by the artstyle, which you'll get used to in no time. Seeing as there is no official episode count I'm hoping we'll get to see everyone's favorite gyaru, Rumiko in the anime.

So uh... does anyone know if the dub of this is airing at the same time as the sub on netflix on the 21st or whenever that is? Because that would be a huge plus for me to watch it if so.

Episode 1
It's more beautiful then I could have dreamed. I've been obsessed with the manga lately and I'm glad to know the anime fully lives up to and surpassed my expectations. The style it has I swear. Like the words in the background, the way Komi swiftly walked, the manga style panels they did it's all just oozing with a special style. I adore the manga and now I adore the anime as well.

So uh... does anyone know if the dub of this is airing at the same time as the sub on netflix on the 21st or whenever that is? Because that would be a huge plus for me to watch it if so.
'The streaming giant will broadcast the episodes weekly in over 190 countries in eight dubbed languages and 31 subtitled languages on October 21, 2021. '

I'm really happy with the production I guess...?? At least I'm not disappointed. But yeah, the art was cool. Especially the characters they are well drawn. And even the backdrops.... They kinda reminded me of the silent voice. Like I know that most classrooms in anime have that arrangement but that scene was uncannily similar to the classroom from A silent voice.

Story ofc... I love the manga so it goes without saying. I am kinda curious as to how they proceed from here on out. Cuz the manga has way too much content. What event will they choose as their finale. And what they are willing to show. Some omitting will have to take place but let's wait and watch.

Music chosen was kinda cool. Especially the opening... The art and the song matched brilliantly somehow. Idk. Also the ed song was sooo chill. It's awesome really.

All in all I'm happy with the first ep. The narration is hilarious. But it's just started so probably wayy too soon to freeze my input on this yet. Let's hope this becomes a great classic. Cheers!

Back