Komi Can't Communicate

Just another Haruhi wannabe
Funny that you say that.
If you are fammiliar with the whole manga, you wouldnt say that.
I have also watched and been around haruhi contents for good years now and re-watched stuff already 3 times. I legit cant see many reasons for that statement:)

I like Haruhi and even have a friend that i always hang out with on events and stuff...she always does haruhi cosplay, every fkn time since 2015. And even her, enjoys Komi-san's manga. I wont say much about the anime bcs i already did that on another comment.

Ppl like you need to make an extra effort and open your eyes a bit more.

I've only watched the first episode but christ with the first minute in you get greeted with beautiful animation and a cool perspective shot thing. Though to actually talk about the anime, I definitely do understand some points people have made. It seems like an anime I've seen before or it's just eerily similar to some animes that I can't even remember. (If you know what anime I may be talking about please tell me).

Yes, the male protagonist is bland and he doesn't have many interesting points but I feel like how the anime dramatizes certain points and situations with the animation definitely helps him out a lot because without any of that animation I would've fallen asleep out of boredom. Though it isn't an anime I can see myself binging entirely in one day and it isn't an anime I see myself rewatching it definitely seems like something that's worth a watch.

In conclusion, I love the animation and art way too much. Even if the guy's flower hairpiece thing bothered me at first and stuff.

Funny that you say that.
If you are fammiliar with the whole manga, you wouldnt say that.
I have also watched and been around haruhi contents for good years now and re-watched stuff already 3 times. I legit cant see many reasons for that statement:)

I like Haruhi and even have a friend that i always hang out with on events and stuff...she always does haruhi cosplay, every fkn time since 2015. And even her, enjoys Komi-san's manga. I wont say much about the anime bcs i already did that on another comment.

Ppl like you need to make an extra effort and open your eyes a bit more.

Hey quick question how do you watch anime on here I'm new to this site and was wondering how. Also thank you

Hey quick question how do you watch anime on here I'm new to this site and was wondering how. Also thank you
Hey there,

So, to watch anime on this website you just have to go to the anime section and then choose "Warch Anime Online". There you have some shows that you can watch inside the website, free, safely and legally, or so they say. haha
Worth to note that the main objective of the website hasnt been to watch anime here but they have been doing a good job by adding more and more shows and now it kinda is like that. That being said, there is a huge ammount of anime shows that you wont find here to watch. But they mostlikely exist in the database and you can keep those on your list and things like that, which is the main point of this place. Anime lists, manga lists, characters, discussions, reviews and things like that.

https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/watch-online/

Episode 2... eh?
So i have the same issue with episode one... except worse. I love the concept for the show but the background faceless characters drive me mad. So episode one i thought it was just a unfunny joke that everyone hates MC from sitting next to her... It really wasn't funny and felt dumb but i could accept its just meant to be that, a dumb joke... yet this episode confirmed its not a joke, literally people hate this guy... because he sits next to her, odd that this rule doesn't apply to the that other "guy" who has been talking to her.
So effectively, i feel like the episode is ruined again for a dumb reason but one i struggle to overlook. So many scenes are ruined with angry looking faces in the background with no actual reason, he goes to literally give a group of girls (one wearing a questionable looking amour set?) to give them what they want, a ticket to this all mighty celebrity (who has done nothing but exist) and they practically behead the guy right there because... yup, you guessed it... his seat.

Sorry but its so hard to overlook.

That sad thing is, i love the idea of Komi's situation, as someone myself who was really shy as a kid which of course developed into fear of communicating with anyone outside my friends, this concept felt pretty good as its not only relatable to me, but to many unheard voices and i personally liked the concept of a show following someone who acts like a mute as she struggles to make friends. So seeing them ruin a great potential plot with... whatever you can this "hate" thing, I wanna say a bad joke but as said above, it plays it seriously so who knows what to call it, but yeah, i will give it 2 more chances and I'm out. It's something i wish i could say is minor enough to overlook (as i do most of the time) but this one is present in so many scenes it just ruins every scene it happens in and in turn, every subsequent scene due to leaving a bad taste.

Really hope they drop this dumb thing soon

Is anyone else incredibly distracted from the plot because the art style is very VERY similar to MHA? Like it took me a few episodes to quite put my finger on it, but I feel like I'm going crazy because there was a full face shot of the male protagonist in episode 4 (~20:15) and all I saw was Deku. Like copy and pasted, Deku. Komi 's puppy dog eyes remind me of Asui. And Najimi is like a mix of Mina and Uraraka. And I'm comparing all of the staff between the two shows, despite being two different studios I was expecting a Venn Diagram and found two circles. Is this just the modern anime art style now? Am I that old? SOS someone validate me.

Right now, I’m loving this. I read the manga for the first time a few years ago and it’s pretty much just as good as the manga, but not quite on the mark. There are some issues, sure, but overall it’s still really good and better than I was expecting. I personally don’t see any glaring issues here. It’s nothing spectacular but I have society anxiety myself in real life believe it or not, and while it isn’t as bad as Komi obviously, a lot of her thoughts in general about socializing is very relatable imo. I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece or anything, and obviously this show is pretty simple, but there’s nothing wrong with a simple wholesome story. I dunno, it’s cute.

marge-i-just-think-theyre-neat.gif

Right now, I’m loving this. I read the manga for the first time a few years ago and it’s pretty much just as good as the manga, but not quite on the mark. There are some issues, sure, but overall it’s still really good and better than I was expecting. I personally don’t see any glaring issues here. It’s nothing spectacular but I have society anxiety myself in real life believe it or not, and while it isn’t as bad as Komi obviously, a lot of her thoughts in general about socializing is very relatable imo. I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece or anything, and obviously this show is pretty simple, but there’s nothing wrong with a simple wholesome story. I dunno, it’s cute.

marge-i-just-think-theyre-neat.gif

Socially anxious characters are GOAT:

tw3PUbz.jpg

I feel like rom coms are finally pandering to my needs!

Last edited:
I'm liking this show a lot. Najimi reminds me a lot of myself in my youth and Agari reminds me a lot of my best friend from high school. And while I didn't know anyone with such an extreme communication disability as Komi...

I think her brother telling her she's being too noisey the first time she talked on the phone explains a lot about her life at home. It could be possible her family all has some inability or disinterest in communicating, possibly some emotional abuse. Maybe her parents aren't home often and her brother likes the quiet, or maybe her parents work in jobs where they don't have to communicate much and they also don't communicate much at home.

I think so far the characters have all been similar enough to people I've known in real life that this show is very relatable to me.

Sounds like a weak knockoff of Hitoribocchi.
I don't think hitoribocchi invented social anxiety. I'd say both ripped off tumblr.

Episode 01

I don't think I've seen an OLM anime this gorgeous before, when they take a break from making pokemon and shitty children's card games anime they sure know how to make eye-popping animation.

That said I'm not really blown away, yet. Gonna have to wait to see where this goes.

Edit: apparently the guy who voices Tadano is the same va is Asta, which blows my mind. I would've never guessed that without looking it up.

Edit: apparently the guy who voices Tadano is the same va is Asta, which blows my mind. I would've never guessed that without looking it up.

Yeah, I've definitely given Asta's VA so much shit in the past for the screaming, but dude's really redeemed himself honestly. He's actually got some pretty nice range and talent. Gakuto Kajiwara has improved massively since then.

I don't think I've seen an OLM anime this gorgeous before, when they take a break from making pokemon and shitty children's card games anime they sure know how to make eye-popping animation.

I know I'm not sold on Komi at all so this is just going to sound like I'm bitching, but Oddtaxi was just so beautifully made and I think is probably a better reflection of what OLM can achieve when they want to.

I know I'm not sold on Komi at all so this is just going to sound like I'm bitching, but Oddtaxi was just so beautifully made and I think is probably a better reflection of what OLM can achieve when they want to.

I really do love Oddtaxi with all my heart and think it's a masterpiece, but let's not pretend here that the animation for Oddtaxi was anything but mostly average for a heavily talky show. Absolutely amazing and interesting art style for sure, but Komi-san is a better flex of actual production capabilities.

Maybe I'm swayed by really good character motion and unique design, but honestly Komi didn't impress me with regards to animation based on the one episode I've seen so far. It looked pretty in places and highly awkward in others, and occasionally there was a little spike where you could see the studio intended to show off. But yeah I'm waiting for Netflix releases and for my wife to be around to watch with me, so this isn't based on having seen loads yet. Seriously though, apart from the ugly car I thought the animation in Oddtaxi was fantastic!

I really liked this episode. I think it was some great development for Komi to reach out to the chuunibyou on her own. I don't think she would have done that without having met Tadano and I think knowing he was the same way also sparked her to share the same kindness Tadano showed her to this girl.

Also, confirmed at least mom does not seem to have a communication disorder but also looks like Komi does talk to her parents, even if it's not often. They very well might think "oh, well, she's always been quiet and shy" hence no therapy.

Maybe I'm swayed by really good character motion and unique design, but honestly Komi didn't impress me with regards to animation based on the one episode I've seen so far. It looked pretty in places and highly awkward in others, and occasionally there was a little spike where you could see the studio intended to show off. But yeah I'm waiting for Netflix releases and for my wife to be around to watch with me, so this isn't based on having seen loads yet. Seriously though, apart from the ugly car I thought the animation in Oddtaxi was fantastic!
You should watch the Komi opening at least 10 more times, it’s so pretty. This show already has so many pretty shots.

Episode 1-3
I really like the way Tadano communicated with Komi by writing on the blackboard. I found it sweet that he tried to understand her. I relate to Komi on feeling anxious about talking to other people but wanting to make friends.

I can understand the suspension of disbelief in Komi not talking in class and no one saying anything. I've heard some teachers hold kids back that don't speak much in elementary school, but I had a classmate who didn't speak until 2nd grade. Teachers usually are okay as long as you are a good student.

I'm in love with both the OP and ED. The animation is just so pretty

Last edited:
Episode 03 - down and out
I'm done. I really wanna like this show but the "joke" of the background characters isn't going away, it's clearly something they plan to ride and i just can't tolerate it. The dumb idea of everyone hating someone because their seating plan, the idea people literally consider a girl who has yet to say a word to them or about them as a deity, Its so stupid. It's clearly meant to be serious as the story actually involves it!

Shame really, i love the idea of following more socially awkward characters, but i just can't follow it when the world sees them as a god for no real reason... no, i could probably grit my teeth and manage that point, what i can't stand is the way they treat someone from sitting near said character.

Oh, and i ain't picky about art in any shows as i feel the unique styles is fun in its own way, and whilst the art here isn't a killer, i hate the weird inconsistency in how they animate the MC's hair accessory thing, it's like they drew it as a point and it just flips so unnaturally around his head when he moves his head sideways.
But yeah, I'm done, i wanted to like it, i really did but their idea of either a bad attempt of merging "comedy" into a story or just their plan as a whole feels really off and in turn, ruins any dynamic.

Episode 03 -
Oh, and i ain't picky about art in any shows as i feel the unique styles is fun in its own way, and whilst the art here isn't a killer, i hate the weird inconsistency in how they animate the MC's hair accessory thing, it's like they drew it as a point and it just flips so unnaturally around his head when he moves his head sideways.

Pretty sure that's just a really stylized cowlick. Similar to how Komi's hair always has that kind of angle thing going on, it's part of the character design.

Episode 03 - down and out
I'm done. I really wanna like this show but the "joke" of the background characters isn't going away, it's clearly something they plan to ride and i just can't tolerate it. The dumb idea of everyone hating someone because their seating plan, the idea people literally consider a girl who has yet to say a word to them or about them as a deity, Its so stupid. It's clearly meant to be serious as the story actually involves it!

Shame really, i love the idea of following more socially awkward characters, but i just can't follow it when the world sees them as a god for no real reason... no, i could probably grit my teeth and manage that point, what i can't stand is the way they treat someone from sitting near said character.

But yeah, I'm done, i wanted to like it, i really did but their idea of either a bad attempt of merging "comedy" into a story or just their plan as a whole feels really off and in turn, ruins any dynamic.
This confuses me on so many levels. I simply cannot comprehend why this bothers you so much, but to each their own I guess

Back