JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Ever since reading the manga months ago I've been hyped for this. Can't wait to see the entire 5th part get animated!

Episode 1:

I'm shook. I wasn't expecting the first episode to be that strong. And gay. This season has the potential of becoming a classic.

VBOVjSj.png

Episode 1.
So...
His Stand is lame.
He looks like a nob kicked out of fashion week.
Koichi is back for some ungodly reason.
And he's Dio's fucking kid.

Yeah, this season is gonna suck.

@randomredneck

Watch your mouth when talking about Vento Aureo, since you apparently don't seem to have read the manga and already jump to conclusions so fast about it from the first freaking episode of the anime, relax, sit tight, and enjoy the full fucking show before you start spouting that nasty shit out.
Makes me SALTY AS FUCK how someone thinks they can just judge a whole series from one 22 minute episode. I'm gonna laugh when this anime ends in like February and you say "huh maybe i overthought it a bit that ONE time."

Anyways have a good watch, and i cannot wait to watch the whole thing.

@randomredneck

Watch your mouth when talking about Vento Aureo, since you apparently don't seem to have read the manga and already jump to conclusions so fast about it from the first freaking episode of the anime, relax, sit tight, and enjoy the full fucking show before you start spouting that nasty shit out.
Makes me SALTY AS FUCK how someone thinks they can just judge a whole series from one 22 minute episode. I'm gonna laugh when this anime ends in like February and you say "huh maybe i overthought it a bit that ONE time."

Coming in a little hot for a first message, aren't we?

@randomredneck

Chill out dude. Trying to get redneck to change his tone will just derail this thread. Not that I think he needs to since he hasn't said anything out of line. If you find him that bothersome for the mere crime of holding a different opinion, just remember you can ignore users and not have their posts be visible.

Koichi leaves in chapter 455, this episode covered chapters 440 through 445. So he get's two more episodes, maybe less.

Ep 1: How does that liar taste
OMG I LOVE IT

ITS BACK! YES! YEEES!

So much good here, koichi n jotaro show up but we got giogio already and this bruno dude who's the most fabulous along with him, with fresh new stand powers and a crime drama plotline most likely, i am so HYPED FOR THIS FABULOUS OVER THE TOP SHIT
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! AAAAAAH anime finally brings me happiness again!

You guys know what this means? Gifs. lots of them.
cowBqz8.gif

Episode 1:

I like the new setting. One thing that makes for a good season of Jojo is the setting. One of the reasons I enjoyed Part IV over Part III is Morioh City was quirky little town with a lot of character even before stands made their way to town. In comparison most of Part III is just the cast wondering around a featureless desert. The setting crime ridden Italy has a lot of potential for crossover between stand users and gangsters. Most stand users would make excellent enforcers given their advantages over any normal human.

Gio is fine so far. The most interesting thing about him is how he uses muda muda casually. Is it instinctual or does he know something about his father. He does have that picture in his wallet, but so far Gio is more of Joestar than a Brando. He is a cross between the two after all. It's an interesting concept for the lead of the series. His stand seems nifty too since I can imagine lots of creative uses for it. I like that the protagonist's stands have been moving away from being power and speed types like Jotaro's stand.

I don't mind Koichi being there to get the story started. I had a soft spot for him last series and he continues to be this perfect synthesis of a coward that has surprisingly badass moments because he's not as pathetic as he believes he is.

The ending of the episode makes it seem like this is going to be the gayest season yet.

Good start.

The opening and ED are sexy as ever, too bad to see that the CGI openings are probably gone for good though :/
Interesting how Gio, where most JoJo's are into anticipating the mindsets of their opponents and counteracting them in fights, this guy's predicting Bruno's emotional state and his moral thoughts. This will probably be what starts the relationships between the main characters in this series, and this giogio's people-reading nature making him a charismatic leader later on.

I was very entertained with how animation was used this episode (i'm working backwards here) and the great visual misdirection jojo always does. Everything is so pronounced that you can't help but look at what the show wants you to as your mind plays along with the events, even if they're stupid it's hard to question them. Like bruno's zipper power, everything he can do with it is pretty logical so far. But if he can also use it like a portal, who knows what kinda crazy shit he can do with it...

However Gio's power is a bit trickier, probably one of the most esoteric powers to be introduced yet. He can give things new life, but what determines what that looks like? Does it HAVE to be that he sharpens the senses of whoever he hits just like it doesn't have to be a bee that he transforms a tooth into? Or is there a set rule for everything he hits? Either way these fights were pretty cool and I'm glad to have this kind of thing back in my life
:love:

Giorno's backstory was kind of standard, but i liked the gangster element of it where everyone in town started being nice to him once he saved that gangster guy. I can see aspects of this whole part being mixed later on with those kinds of cool gangster tropes along with jojo stuff.

But how would a child that young know there's no point in crying? That's a sad implication.

Oh yeah, this week's amazing gif:

iqxEqqS.gif

Episode 2 did a lot actually.
We got more background on Giorno and he has established his long running goal for this story part. But more than anything, they showed all the character cast at the credits. I really want to see Trish appear now!

Yeah, this officially sucks. Redneck is stopping here. Will remember when Jojo was awesome and not this lame shit.

1 out of 5.

Episode 2:

JoJo is exactly the kind of show I needed right now. I'm trying to get back into anime and this just reminds me of the boundless creativity of the medium. It still follows most of the shounen tropes, but it's the detail that make this such fun to watch. The stand battle here was creative and cleverly written with some good twists. Golden Wind is the most interesting stand of any JoJo I've seen so far.

I'm not all that drawn into the story right now, but the world, the characters and the style of it are more than enough to keep me hooked. The background dump at the start of the episode was dull and if that's all there is to his background then it's probably good they just got it out of the way.

Giovani reminds me a bit of young Joseph, but more idealistic. The setup of Gio trying to take the mafia down from within could still end up being interesting depending on how creative the show can get with it. Hopefully all the creativity hasn't been reserved for the stand battles.

The OP is okay, but I'm not a huge fan. I definitely think Zombieland won this battle. I can't say I was expecting a smooth sex jam for the ED either.

I am content with this. It's so much fun.

Back