JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

So, is this the most controversial Jojo? From the little I've heard of it, it seems that people think it's brilliant, or Mary Sue nonsense.

Taek and TurkeyGami like this.
  3. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Database Moderator

[​IMG]

4. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

I know nothing about it...like, at all. I'm going in totally blind.

Nicknames and TurkeyGami like this.
  5. BrainBlow

Probably shouldn't even have used that term. It's a gender-neutral trope, but is heavily interpreted as female-coded due to its origin, which absolutely poisons discourse about it as female characters are orders of magnitude more likely to be accused of it than male characters.

Taek, Nicknames and TurkeyGami like this.
  6. TurkeyGami

Its just a meme, i like how when people first start getting critical mary sue is one of the first things they learn and then they just start calling everyone that. Doesnt surprise me they'd call a jojo that.

7. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Jul 12, 2018
    People don't like him because he's kind of boring most of the time. That's it really.

8. Reyziak

Reyziak Member

And from what I've heard, that was due to rather poor translations(not Duwang* tier translations, but still sub optimal).

*what happened there was a college student in China translated Part 4 from Japanese to Chinese to English as part of a school project. Yeah, the student probably didn't get a good grade. Also for some reason Morioh's name became Duwang, and Koichi got renamed Guanglai Kangyi.

9. LadyJam

LadyJam Well-Known Member

Vento Aureo was at least one of the better manga after Battle Tendency but I'd like to get this one out of the way so we can focus on my favourite: Stone Ocean.

Taek and g3data like this.
  10. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

I'll probably do what I did with Part 4 and watch it all when it's over. JoJo tends to feel too slow otherwise.

BrainBlow and TurkeyGami like this.
  11. BrainBlow

Wait a bit longer for the massively improved BD version.

12. TurkeyGami

But don't we want to see vaguely blurry black holes where the fatal wounds should be?

Taek likes this.
  13. Reyziak

Reyziak Member

So a few people were wondering why Giorno is wearing pink, as his outfit is usually blue(with the ladybug pins being red). In short: Araki did a few paintings of Giorno in pink, and since there is no canon color scheme in JoJo, David Productions did the pink outfit.

TurkeyGami likes this.
  14. TurkeyGami

I also like to think that since there's no canon color scheme in jojo david production is just able to go off the rails with whatever color they want sometimes. Which makes jojo a colorful show in a really cool way.

udonbaka and Taek like this.
  15. Cherstal

Cherstal Active Member

I'm kinda salty about the pink outfit tbh, just 'cause I happen to have a Giorno figure and it's in the blue color scheme (also I personally think that the blue suit looks better than the pink). But Jojo always has a wild time with its colors during the show, so I'm sure it'll be a fun time anyways

16. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Jul 24, 2018
    I hate that term, but hasn't every jojo so far been pretty OP? Most battles end in asspulls, it's the characters that make the show interesting rather than the actual fights.

Giorno is a little dull in comparison to Josuke or Joseph, but the support cast in Part V are what made the manga fun for me. That and the terrible TERRIBLE duwang scans.

17. BrainBlow

Shit, didn't notice these trailers being out already.

18. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

Episode 1:

Solid as you'd expect. Stands are bloody confusing though.

Love how Giorno says Muda Muda to take after Dio haha.

19. Cherstal

Cherstal Active Member

Episode 1:

[​IMG]

Honestly it's going to take a while for me to get used to Giorno sounding just like Kuroko from KnB (same voice actor) but otherwise what an awesome start!

Everyone's weird as hell, I love it