Parallel World Pharmacy

They had me at pharmaceutologist or whatever, then medieval Europe, then socialized healthcare for the proletariat in medicine that wouldn't be limited to the bourgeois in a medical revolution seen in about 2% of the isekai that populate the niche pharmaceutical/medical isekai sub-genre.

The title should be changed. Or at least when you put the CR title this should come up
Parallel World Pharmacy

Also, it aired

Not gonna lie, i was kind of expecting some fluff, like another cute show like that one about the potion maker but despite it not being what i had in mind... I liked this, both before and after (isekai).
The real world part, as minor as it was, was actually engaging enough for me, I could see a bit more in a guy working himself to death due to the dissatisfaction in current medicines and how people fob it off to luck over just normal generic Isekai where guy A dies a miserable life for generic reason and is made op.
That aside, the other world stuff got interesting. At first it didn't seem bad but I could feel it becoming dull but by the end, not gonna lie, it got me interested.
And seeing characters react in fear because of the MC's OP-ness
This 100 times over. It was nice that when he measures his magic or whatever it was, she wasn't planning their wedding or anything, she backed away in fear and vowed to keep his secret, not in hopes of sexy secrets but out of dread, then again when he casts no shadow and sees her injury, she flees in fear, it's actually pretty good when you think how much Isekai are.

You got me interested show, lets see this one through!

I've read manga adaptation so I know it's good. The story is so interesting I don't mind I know what is going to happen. The two first two episodes were good.

How has only one person noticed he doesn't cast a shadow yet???
I would call them for this but honestly, I probably wouldn't notice right away if someone around me didn't cast a shadow. It sounds dumb but unless you standing around, I feel (at least for myself) that the daily details you come to be adaptive in seeing kind of slip the mind at times. Sure, someone should notice soon but oh well.

I'm usually glad when shows don't over explain everything but... a 4 minutes list of random medical conditions using their scientific name with no explanation on what they were was honestly a bit too much.

Episode 2:
This is giving me some minor Ascendance of a Bookworm vibes and I suppose that's a good thing.

The world isn't too fantastical and there are no weird forced JRPG mechanics like leveling up or skills. It's honest-to-goodness fantasy but in a very grounded kind of way much like Ascendance of a Bookworm. That's certainly a major plus for me.

Also, I like how the MC helps people not because he's simply a goody good guy like most series but because he has sworn an oath as a medical professional despite getting reincarnated in another world and he actually has a legit driving force on why he wants medicine to be accessible and low cost for everyone.

I can't really comment on the medical jargon since I'm no pharmacist or doctor.

I'm usually glad when shows don't over explain everything but... a 4 minutes list of random medical conditions using their scientific name with no explanation on what they were was honestly a bit too much.
Yeah, i felt this too, same for when he started blabbering about elemental constructs and formula, it felt like they was trying to make us realise he is smart and knows things, which it really doesn't need to explain.

This is giving me some minor Ascendance of a Bookworm vibes and I suppose that's a good thing.
Funny enough, i got vibes of that feeling, though not sure why entirely. I do love that show though so it would be nice if it stepped the same steps but i somehow doubt it.

Anyways, i enjoyed seeing him help his sister, that was a nice touch. Oh, actually i kind of just enjoyed seeing him help people, I'm not normally a people person and in turn don't mind seeing the "bad" style lead who has little care for others but seeing him give the pink haired one (Lotte?) the hand cream or whatever it was, his sister the medicine for her issues, the tutor teaching him etc, it was enjoyable.
Equally, I like he offered the medicine to help the fever of the tutor, but still kept his dads stuff despite realising it is at best a nutrient drink of some kind. He never steps out of line to deny the current medicine, but instead just puts his along side it.

I am up to date on the manga AND work at a pharmacy(granted as a cashier, but you still learn lots) and can answer a fee questions here and there's about anything anyone is curious about.

Back