Parallel World Pharmacy

Honestly the whole guild shocked me.
The dude who got his shop smashed in (though the guild ruined prospect of being good by doing as such, hardly care for the people when this is how you behave to one of your own) was just a honest guy who wanted to help people and care for his patients, I loved his speech about not wanting to sell potentially bogus herbs on a fluke chance they might work. Guy was top notch, cared for his family and patients.

But then the head of the guild... I thought was some pig who as always just wanted cash... So yeah it shocked me a little to see he actually isn't a complete dick, he does want to help the poor and is concerned of the future for the commoner if the people rely on this pharmacy and it just vanishes one day, it's nice he is future planning and all.
Only down side was the end, I wont comment on the carriage, obviously its wrong what he did but... I do get his motives, however, trashing the other guys shops just because he agreed with Farma's ideal of seeing patients as more than their next meal ticket was over kill. It's hard to sympathise with a guy calling to protecting the future of the commoner as he trashes a struggling families shop (one whom he admitted has suffered more than any other!).

its indeed a commom behaviour to any corporative institution, guilds in middle/modern werent stranger to violent enforcement. So i kinda understand the logic behind it. of course its wrong, but the reasoning is simple, he is not our own anymore, he betrayed our ideals sidding with the evil nobles, and betrayers always deserve the worst.

but i must point out this whole ordeal is pretty much a result of farma lack of foresight, he wants change but he created a bottleneck on the knowledge. Not on purpose you see, its just that opening a bussiness is a poor way to spread his knowledge. Th empress pointed this out, but in truth he didnt do much, he has no apprencitce not a plan on how to close the gap between his know how and the worlds general ephistemology about deceases. Of course any stabilhed power will see him as a threat, he should've sat with the guild negotiated the exchange of know how by taking in a few aprrentices so they could relay what he knows, instead he just made a building that scream that he is not part of that community.

he is not that much aware of his own privileged status as both noble and a divine being. He is an outsider both cuz he is a noble and a modern man. Same problem that happen with outsider help on native communities and foreign help on poor coutries. Without a clear plan on how to make people walk on their own you're pretty much making everyone dependent on you.

Episode 9.
Bit of a jump here. We went from dude running a pharmacy to
the freaking black death and a creepy plague guy missing half his face...jeez.

from ep7

I started off really unsure about this, to really enjoying it and now I'm back down to torn between 2 and 3 stars. Something about this story/plot just doesn't seem to fit properly. A lot of the plots are feeling rushed and just being shoved in to be true to the source material but without the source's full input/etc.

Going to end up reading the manga to see what on earth is going on with this anime plot. That'll be a first for me... never ended up reading a manga bc I disliked the anime. Curious to see what the final episodes are going to be like. Hoping I start enjoying this again~

EP10:
Yo, if anything happens to scurvy candy old man, I'm going to riot.

Love the way they're handling the pandemic, honestly. Making me nervous and excited for the last eps!

Episode 10:
Was sad for all those dumbass people who died on that boat, even if they were to blame for circumventing the system that would have gotten them help. Human nature to flee from a crisis can be hard to fight against. Hopefully, the severely ill people in that village can be saved.

Episode 10.
Boy, imagine if the real world was like that. Where impatient idiots ignore medical experts and get themselves and others killed by spreading a pandemic. That'd be nuts...

its a shame this anime wasnt aired 2 years ago.

imagine all the comotion?

Yet they take the easy route and are blaming everything on a plague necromancer antagonist. Too easy to blame stuff on absolute evil.

Episode 11.
The utter seriousness of the situation is kind of undermined by
the big chaos objects being squirrels. Just kind of makes the whole situation a little goofy if you ask me.

Also, Granny Mold Researcher is adorable and she deserved that raise.

Episode 9.
Bit of a jump here. We went from dude running a pharmacy to
the freaking black death and a creepy plague guy missing half his face...jeez.

They skipped a short arc of Falmas brother Palle coming to visit. He's the one who brings a picture of the plague sample. His arc also had a visit to the temple that had a scene about Falmas powers and what it all means.

Episode 11.
The utter seriousness of the situation is kind of undermined by
the big chaos objects being squirrels. Just kind of makes the whole situation a little goofy if you ask me.

Also, Granny Mold Researcher is adorable and she deserved that raise.

It's...actually oddly realistic. Cute as they may be, squirrels are still rodents and can carry a litany of diseases via fleas and ticks.

Edit: I really need to rewatch Pleasure Island as well as more of Sexual Lobsters videos.

It's...actually oddly realistic. Cute as they may be, squirrels are still rodents and can carry a litany of diseases via fleas and ticks.
Yeah i didn't hate this, Squirrels are rodents as the show notes, I liked they didn't go for the conventional rat, the flying Squirrel side of it could of been utilised more to make them even more purposeful but whatever.
Shame really, they did so well to ruin it all by rushing it. I have loved this series from the get go and the black death arc was equally quite interesting, It's something we all learn about (or at least I did) in school, something which crushed the earths population and hit Europe massively, so of course it would be interesting... and it was! There was so oddities though:

"Increase security at gate 6" - there was none! Seriously, some guards inside the city but they was useless, none could use magic to combat them. Anyone forcing their way in with animals was of course a known threat, surely the response should of been better.

Cedric and Lotte - why did it need this part? It felt it was putting a bullseye on Lotte's back the whole episode, but why? She has no value to anyone beyond being another person.

The end - I get it, they clearly was strapped for time but it sucks to say "as time passed, the plague faded", not the literal words but it was basically this, they beat the bad guy and plague goes. As said, I get the idea and the fact they didn't have another episode to properly finish on but it still felt a little sad to see it end so fast.
Though, seeing the old dude return to the shop was worth every second, this guy seemingly pointless until he appears on that ship to then return as a normal dude again, good stuff. Like the old lady researcher, she was adorable! So glad things went well for her, all them others mocking her filed of research (A very important one might i add) and her age... sucks for them now!

Anyways, that said, I loved this show, its been a joy to watch and honestly, I struggle to name a single bad episode.

4/5 - Would love more episodes of them doing their pharmacy-like things!

same
Yeah i didn't hate this, Squirrels are rodents as the show notes, I liked they didn't go for the conventional rat, the flying Squirrel side of it could of been utilised more to make them even more purposeful but whatever.
Shame really, they did so well to ruin it all by rushing it. I have loved this series from the get go and the black death arc was equally quite interesting, It's something we all learn about (or at least I did) in school, something which crushed the earths population and hit Europe massively, so of course it would be interesting... and it was! There was so oddities though:

"Increase security at gate 6" - there was none! Seriously, some guards inside the city but they was useless, none could use magic to combat them. Anyone forcing their way in with animals was of course a known threat, surely the response should of been better.

Cedric and Lotte - why did it need this part? It felt it was putting a bullseye on Lotte's back the whole episode, but why? She has no value to anyone beyond being another person.

The end - I get it, they clearly was strapped for time but it sucks to say "as time passed, the plague faded", not the literal words but it was basically this, they beat the bad guy and plague goes. As said, I get the idea and the fact they didn't have another episode to properly finish on but it still felt a little sad to see it end so fast.
Though, seeing the old dude return to the shop was worth every second, this guy seemingly pointless until he appears on that ship to then return as a normal dude again, good stuff. Like the old lady researcher, she was adorable! So glad things went well for her, all them others mocking her filed of research (A very important one might i add) and her age... sucks for them now!

Anyways, that said, I loved this show, its been a joy to watch and honestly, I struggle to name a single bad episode.

4/5 - Would love more episodes of them doing their pharmacy-like things!

same feeling, same score here. The beggining was strong but they rushed so much everything seemed to be fixed way too easily. I got the iyashikei vibes here but the build up was so good that it was a bit underwhelming.

and it really ended like they have 0 intentions of following up. I will end up reading the manga after all.

The bad guy's name is de Sade? Heh. Little on the nose there, show. But still, the idea of a former healer's walking corpse being possessed by an evil spirit that spreads diseases is pretty gnarly.

It's not perfect but I enjoyed this. I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely one of the more underrated titles for the summer season. Shame the light novel hasn't been picked up yet. Oh well, I guess the manga would do for now.

I give this a 3.5 out of 5.

Bro, Farma fucked that guy up. Like he wasn't playing, he planted that fucker in the ground and went all Sonic Rainboom on his ass. Like Goddamn, he clearly does not care about the "Do no harm" thing...seems a waste to cast Kazuya Nakai and then off him so soon though.

Good show there.

4 out of 5.

Started out as expected: an isekaid with some OP powers because it's isekai, developing medicines known to us and MC in a renaissance like world. Helping to improve the living conditions of those people.
Then in the 2nd half of the show things turn away from the easy peasy way of life: MC has to fight some church inquisition, gets a floaty wand and needs to deal with a Lich spreading the pest. Yeah. Talk about a change in trajectory.
Would have given a 6/10 in the beginning, but the 2nd half turns it down to a 5/10.

Still thinking about this and how much that ending let me down... First proper isekai I watched because it's an isekai... so this is the feeling of crumbling disappointment that fuels any isekai in the "good" area of things to become ragingly popular, huh?

i get it now

Group watched with @KathyKatz and @Mentallysighing for ABC.

I enjoyed this series quite a bit. While I would have preferred a protagonist that didn't have insane combat powers, there wasn't very much combat so I didn't feel like it was too much of a problem. I felt like this series did a great job trying to convey the tension of life or death situations.

While this might not be the popular opinion based on other people's comments, I quite liked that the last few episodes were devoted to battling a plague rather than some demon lord like several other isekai do.

Group watch with @Warpuppy and @Mentallysighing for the ABC Bingo Fall 2022

Thoughts Episodes 1-3
I personally don't tend to enjoy many isekai anime, as the formula feels very recycled to me with the same OP protagonist that can do everything and never experiences any sort of challenge throughout the show. While also having a very cardboard cut-out worldbuilding that just feels like your generic fantasy.

So far, the approach has been pretty interesting, and while we do have the typical OP protagonist, they don't make him perfect right from the get go. He actually has trouble controlling his abilities, and even has a more "the end justify the means approach" at times when he wants to cure a patient, regardless of how they may feel due to their affliction.

Back