Ingress

I'm surprised by this one. It's like Pokemon Go, but mads deep. How on earth this got a series, I wouldn't know. Maybe to get more people to play it but it could be pretty interesting if they go deep into the lore. Or it'll be like other mobile games and suck hard. Probably that.

This game has existed for a while. My father's friends were playing it several years ago. The company that made Ingress was hired by Nintendo to produce Pokemon Go.

I am going to assume that will be part of the lore that is in the Ingress game but yet it's not on the official YT channel for this game.

But y tho?
Even "To give the game a boost" isn't good enough because it's been out for ages and people would probably associate Pokemon Go over this when it comes to the company or the type of game they are. I wish I knew, but this was an unlikely, incredibly unlikely nobody would ever expect this getting an adaptation type of show.

Ep1:
It's as enjoyable as RErideD, which means not much enjoyable at all. Everything looks flat, too.

Wow that was bad. Not only the animation was bad, but the story was poor at best. I ended up dropping the show after ep 2

It's too bad because I liked the game

as usual wondering into this without knowing too much, Netflix just obtained the series, it's not good, but it's not bad either. I wouldn't consider it perfect, but the idea of solving crimes by simple touch, I've seen this done in other things. I wouldn't identify it as original, but it did have some interesting twists, not to mention some interesting interactions and details to the background. it's good for a first watch, but you have to pay attention, it's not something you can just pop into the background as noise, it requires focus, paying attention and some psychological undertones. otherwise, it was a decent spending of my time, it could have been worse as they say. granted there's a lot of politics in this one, I didn't care for the idea of whom they judged as good or bad, basically if you did this or went this way, you were good/bad. so be forewarned, if you're not into politics you're probably going to find this one a bit of a bore.

I've never marked a show as "Won't Watch" because I've always believed that all media, even the most creatively bankrupt and mechanically unsound, deserves a fair shot to be viewed. To be chewed and digested.

Except this. I'm okay with sending this one to the abyss, just on the premise alone.

I have not liked nor hated this anime.
I just feel they tried to do much and they could just leave it simpler. There are so many things happening or wanting to happen at once.
I feel they just wanted to put as much stuff (super powers, gangs, games, tecnology) as possible to make the show amazing, but it ended up boring, too confusing or too much.

The CG animation is pretty good, I dunno what everyone here is on about.
There's decent motion blur, there's attention to movement, there's attention to lighting; hair looks clumpy but that's obviously stylized.
I really don't see the problem, and that's as a connoisseur of animation.

Watched for Eleven Deadly Sins Fall 2022 - Tier 1, Task F

Ep10/11
This had so much potential and yet, I'm sat here about to start the last episode, already thinking about how the ending is not possibly able to save it in any capacity... Here's hoping I'm forced to eat my words in the next 25 minutes.

The CG animation is pretty good, I dunno what everyone here is on about.
There's decent motion blur, there's attention to movement, there's attention to lighting; hair looks clumpy but that's obviously stylized.
I really don't see the problem, and that's as a connoisseur of animation.

Honestly, the CG feels like the one thing they've done right with this entire dumpster fire. The animation is not the problem, it's the characters and plot as a whole tbh.

(Sorry for such a "late reply"; just watching this now and was having a look at old comments)

Back