In/Spectre

Does anyone feel like this show sort of falls flat? I can’t quite pin it down to an exact thought, but it’s a show that seemed different with am good characters and ideas but this last arc has drained me of any curiosity for this series. And I’m curious if Anyone else has the same kind of thoughts

Does anyone feel like this show sort of falls flat? I can’t quite pin it down to an exact thought, but it’s a show that seemed different with am good characters and ideas but this last arc has drained me of any curiosity for this series. And I’m curious if Anyone else has the same kind of thoughts
It's definitely not a show for the impatient. It's mainly one big arc, one mostly explored through dialogue/monologues. I personally find it very interesting, especially combined with the symbolism onscreen and pretty characters and all... but I could see how it's not for everyone. It may seem repetitive/stuck in one place to some.

Episode 10-11

Usomonogatari

I gotta agree with some of the voices. It is kinda sad to watch the show masochistically beat up itself to almost a suicide. Let's say it is somewhat interesting to watch a battle via 4chan, but that can't literally take like 5 episodes or how many; it is way too much. No matter how cool the development of the total troll-story might look, the audience is bound to lose focus with thoughts like "Here we go again, sigh". I am not degrading the complexity of the storytelling: The level of insight and structure this has to work harmonically via thought (script) - sound - and visual is pretty insane and the puzzle is constructed with chirurgical precission. But the 5th beer never tastes so good as the first one and we went way too far for an entertaining show. The case is pretty good (though isn't always any live person debunked by not being able to hold a frickin heavy steel beam and wave around with it?), but not fun.

The show though really likes to bath in blood. Self-piercing, head-squashing, splitting in half or a beam in your face. Yayks.

Episode 10-11

(though isn't always any live person debunked by not being able to hold a frickin heavy steel beam and wave around with it?)

I'm pretty sure that making a steel beam prop out of wood or Styrofoam isn't that hard, it's only a H shape after all.

I'm more concerned how easily
Rikka could just post a video to in which she says and shows that she isn't Karin. She looks different enough that it would take serious consideration if she could even have plastic surgery to change her appearance that much.

I'm pretty sure that making a steel beam prop out of wood or Styrofoam isn't that hard, it's only a H shape after all.

I'm more concerned how easily
Rikka could just post a video to in which she says and shows that she isn't Karin. She looks different enough that it would take serious consideration if she could even have plastic surgery to change her appearance that much.

Did you just assume she is a pro IT?!

12:

This arc definitely should not have been 10 episodes. Not because it was too dragged out (though 8 episodes I think would've been fine) but because it took up all the remaining space we could've gotten some fun side stories with from later in the manga.

I do like how this ended but there was one thing I thought was odd
being how the Steel Lady vanished immediately all at once. I think it would've been more believable for her to lose her power and shape over time before disappearing completely because memes just don't die out over night.

She's still on her horny BS, bless her little heart.

cuaYTYR.gif
Despite the arc dragging for a lot of episodes, I can't hate it and I like mind games. It is definitely due to me liking the characters and I am gonna miss the ending song, it was smh my weekly guilty pleasure. 4/5
I don't see anything to feel guilty over.

Started last night, didn't expect to enjoy it.

As mentioned, got a 'gatari vibe from the series, but it doesn't seem like a copy, more like two legitimate series occupying a similar vein.

I'm liking the main characters, they're both playful in the sense that they aren't as they were first portrayed. I thought the show was going to be frail tsundere and dopey dude with a heart of gold, and the show immediately flipped that.

I'm enjoying the comedy, and always interested in Japanese folklore, so I hope I continue to do so.

Well, this certainly wasn't for everyone and yes one arc took most of the series to complete. Then again it had a clear direction and the characterisation of the characters was actually really excellent. So my only question is if they could have added a little small arc at the end instead of extending the latest one adapted. I suppose that would make for a lesser ending hence they chose this. At the same time this arc was just so impossibly long that maybe they could have reordered things around in a non canon way despite how much I dislike most adaptations that do this...

Either way, it wasn't a bad series if you've got a taste for stuff like this. It's a weird mystery anime which involves a lot of bluffs to put it simply. If that sounds like the thing you'd like to watch I can't really so someone who's not impatient going wrong with this anime. At the same time some patience is indeed needed for this series and if you're in a hurry with plot development, even if all the plot in this anime actually helps further the overall plot I can see one more impatient than me getting bored of it.

The presentation was strong enough for me to sell the story and the female lead is especially strong for this series.

I have a few complaints but in the end the series was captivating enough for my tastes.

3.75/5 ~ 4/5

I really enjoyed this series, especially in the beginning. However, the more I got into the story, the more I wished that all the episodes were already out so I could rather binge it instead. Personally, I didn't feel like it built up any perticular hype like I have experienced with other animes. It wasn't like I just could not wait until the next episode. Everytime I saw that there was a new episode, I simply didn't really care either way. Thought; O, nice. More to watch.

I will say that I like the universe and the atmosphere around Iwanga. Her personality was alright as well. Sometimes, not my favorite. But her giving up her eye and leg, like.. that whole deal, I loved it. And bruh, you clever guurl! The backstory to Kurou as well was dark and we like dat shiet. It's nice. However, I felt Kurou kinda lacked as a character. I just.. Didn't really care for him or about him with the exception of the backstory. That was the only time I found perticular interest in him, and the way the yokai was reacting to him.
Then we have the girl who steals the show, and nobody really minds; Saki!
Idk, she was just beautiful in my eyes. We got genuine reactions from her. She wasn't a character that just brushed off the fact that yokai and shiet exists, like we can often witness in other animes. It took time for her to process, which I greatly appreciated. Idk, she lowkey looks similar to Kurou, so I have several times also questioned if they might be siblings. Like legit, for example in the elevator scene when they stood nextto each other.. I wouldn't have been surprised if they were related based on design lolol

Anyways, my overall enjoyment of this show kinda reduced itself a little over time, which is why I think I would've preferred it to have all episodes released at the same time so it could be binged.
It was one hell of an episode tho with the computer. The whole trying to control the flow of belief and suspicion etc etc. Love love love
I don't know what really irked me or what made me lose interest. Maybe i needed.. more? Idk of what, but I do feel something was lacking in a way

I think switching between Kuro's fight and Kotoko's conversation with Saki in the car draws out the story more than it should. I like Kotoko but I think Kuro is a bland character. The only good things about him are his regeneration powers and the witty conversations he has with Kotoko, which is only 10% of their dialogue. Though I think during the second half the clashing tones didn't work. But its pretty obvious when there are characters that dump exposition onto the audience.

I also think the author didn't do a good job establishing the rules of his world, since Saki can also see ghosts.

The opening 3 episodes of the anime were actually the best part of the show cause of how self contained they were. Then they scrapped the mystery of the week for the one story with Nanase. That overstayed its welcome unlike the first part of the anime. Instead of learning cool new stuff about her, people were just repeating the same questions. The story transitions from a mystery based on facts and clues, to a pointless debate that boils down to sophistry to fill up screentime.

Depressingly, I'm going to give this show a 2/5.

8/10 for moi...

Really neat characters with a strong start plot-wise but falls a bit flat near the ending. I think they had to showcase a story like this to establish what kind of unique abilities each of the cast members brings to the table and it feels like any story that will be released in the future wouldn't have to go through establishing these powers again, meaning stories will be much more direct. I do hope there will be more.

Back