• Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Dr. Giggles (1992)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Night of the Lepus (1972)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This looks fun, definitely down to join this whenever I have some free time. I've been on a bit of a horror movie kick recently. I'd definitely be down to watch some more classics with this group somewhere down the line, curious about opinions on a lot of older Vincent Price - era horror films. The Haunting (not the Liam Neeson one) forever stands out as the best horror movie of all time for me.

i love the horror genre
not particularly keen on the slasher sub genre tho if im being honest
i grew up watching lots of hammer house of horror films , esp the vampire one's
watching christopher lee and peter cushing battle it out was great
in anime i tend to stick with the horror genre as its often aimed at the 20+ audience
i like smart scifi horror's, i like comedy horror's, phsycological horrors can be a problem for me tho, as someone of them are to0 near to my own psychosis (shutter island ,, really messed with head even worse than the matrix concept of a false world)

id like to ask a question are we sticking to films that can be seen legally for free online or are we gona cover everthing
if we gona cover everything ppl need to say if they can or not afford to go see buy or rent
oh and i hope we are gona have some anime horror films in this

@Carnificus Yeah, I'm definitely going to go for a mix of stuff with plenty of classics thrown in. I've definitely got a few Vincent Price films in mind.

I'm thinking we can do a lot of different kind of things to keep the group fresh. Watching by artist/theme is a good one. Also things like Old vs New where we watch the original and then the remake or as mentioned before running through a series to see how things changed over the run of the series.

@GrendelSilmarillion I think restricting the group to just public domain movies is too restrictive. The goal of the group is discussion so watching every movie isn't mandatory and so if you can't get ahold of something then it's no big deal.

I'm also thinking that there are other reasons people might want to give various films a pass. I'm going to have an explicitness guide for each movie, because the idea isn't to make people watch content they're uncomfortable with so if something is super gory or has other disturbing themes them I'm going to include a warning ahead of time. If Audition or Martyrs end up getting picked, then I'm certainly not going to force anyone to watch those, but I do want to discuss one or both of those films eventually so chances are they will eventually come up.

@gedata welcome aboard I was just thinking this thread could use a maid.

Anyway everyone has been added to the list and the first film up is Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Information about the dates for discussion and the explicitness warning can be found on the front pace, but just to thrown it up here too, the movie is pretty safe content wise unless you just can't handle clowns. As for discussion you can watch the movie any time between now and the first of July. I want to give plenty of time for people to watch and say their peace about the film. It might be a bit too long to let it go, but we can adjust the amount of time depending on how fast people are getting through the movies. I'll also announce the next pick well ahead of time so people can take their time finding the viewing option that works for them.

Edit: I thought for fun we can actually give each film two ratings. One rating out of ten for the overall movie and the second rating out of ten for spookiness/creepiness.

Anyway that's about it, so get watching.

Last edited:
I'm kind of glad that Killer Klowns got picked first because it's a very nostalgic flick for me. I watched it dozens of times as a kid and I've seen it several times as an adult as well. I probably appreciate it even more as an adult because I get more of the humor. It's not going to be the deepest or most complex movie we watch, but it's a damn fun time and is made with lots of love for practical effects and horror movies of the 50s and 60s.

It's also nice that I get an excuse to share the flick with my wife.

It's been at least 10 years since I last watched Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Can't wait to watch it again.

lol just heard that resident evil 6 movie is coming out next year
i think there's a new res evil game to go with it next year too
this year we got a new game called umbrella corp (least i think thats the name) saw it on image-nation (nhk) and it looks quite good , survival pvp shooter with npc zombie's wandering about attacking/distracting the players

Well, I got it in just under the deadline today. Just as corny and fun as I remember. Also a real testament to practical effect monsters, cause the Klowns still look as creepy as they did when I was 8.

A very cheesy 4 out of 5.

I watched it a few days ago with waifu. Liked it far more than expected. The clowns were incredibly creepy, but so freaking fun. They did a good job at balancing the two. By far, the best part was with the balloon dog. I can't remember the last time a movie mad me laugh as hard as I did during that scene. :laugh:

The music and sound effects really tied everything together, too. They put a lot of effort in and it showed, which is something I love in these cheesy movies. The only thing I didn't like was that
Pooh Bear didn't make it. :(

The only thing I didn't like was that
Pooh Bear didn't make it. :(
Pour one out for our departed
four legged
homie.
giphy14.gif

Sorry for not updating or posting in here. I was kind of waiting to see other people's responses first. I watched Killer Klowns last night and I'll post my thoughts and update the thread when I get back on Tuesday.

I'm a big time horror fan, seen my fair share of them and constantly finding them, regardless of animated or live action. I've seen all in the polls, some a few times over. I suppose my top fav horror is/are: The Stand, The Shining (new and old), Nightmare on Elm Street franchise (old not the horrible remake), Blade franchise, Dracula 2000, Resident Evil franchise... so many horror movies to list, it could become a spam fest. some animated favorites is/are: most Scooby Doo movies (own my fair share of them), hellsing (old not new), devil may cry....

pretty certain the picture is forming here.

sorry guys just havent been able to get into the mood to sit down and watch killer clowns

killer clowns is more comedy than horror in my opinion, guess it's like a lot of those 80s horrors, comedy to break up the serious/gore moments due to there not being cgi at the moment and it was all done by hand, for the most part. computer production, I'd imagine, would cost more. let's face it, Legos got used more in the 70s and 80s in movies than they ever do now. to this day, I still shop S Smart for my boom cannon (army of darkness). sure it's an early 90s with the play of cgi began but it's still a pretty good horror film of yesteryear.

Back