Horimiya

This anime is a dream come true for romance anime lovers
maxresdefault.jpg

I was looking for a great romance anime to add to my watching list, and voilá! It makes my heart flutter and I feel warm inside hehe the amount of cuteness is just right and it has the right type of humor for me. I can already see it how will this anime become one of my favorites ^^

the dad has always been the best character

I'm surprised they didn't cut the shit with the green-haired girl out. She was always the weakest link. Feel like they could have replaced her boring parts with some other stuff to help with the mild pacing issues.

I like a show that draws heavily on its source material, opting to not cut out the small bits like Sakura and Remi, while focusing on the larger story before them. It is delightful to watch Kyoko's antics with her father around, and the somewhat dumbfounding of her mom when encountering all three together, trying to figure out food and silverware issues as the prominent problem. To quote @TheNinthLime in discord, this episode was wholesome AF.

Episode 5.
I already don't like her dad. You're a grown ass man, so get a damn haircut. Something about him just screams "Douchebag" and I don't like it...also, what was with the bit with Green Hair? Seemed a little random if you ask me.

why is hori such a dumb broad?

who the fuck throws books in someone's face as they're trying to explain something? what an asshole
Teenagers, man. They aren't known for being very rational.

This is romance is such a breath of fresh air.
I stumbled across this thread before Horimiya even released and I didn’t get the hype cuz I haven’t read the manga. But now I totally do!
I love that it’s not overdone. Even the part where he confessed was mellow and nice.
When Remi showed up, I thought she was going to be the standard one who tries to steal the dude. But she wasn’t. I love that there’s no cliche triangle. (God I hope I’m not wrong)
But so far so good. I might even pick up the manga depending on how the anime goes.

Screw redo of healer, this is the show I come to for degeneracy. We got full contact hand-holding and now a full blown kiss?? whats next? headpats!?

in all seriousness I really enjoy how natural the responses of the characters feel, especially to the different situations they find themselves in. Miyamura being as impulsive as he is, is really keeping the romance on track. By anime standards they are speedrunning through this shit lol

I also really liked how they acknowledged that Hori has desires herself and how even though it was more subdued than how Miyamura did it, she still initiated things. Too many times I feel like they have the male character take the lead in those situations and the girl just kind of shies away meekly.

another really solid episode, it's been too long since I enjoyed a romance series this much. I know Kaguya falls in that category, but for me I think the comedy was more the focal point for me in that and the romance was just like sprinkles on top. This feels like the reverse of that

Episode 6... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
That beautiful beautiful hair..... it's so sad.
<deep breath> Its okay, it will grow back. Weird that just getting a haircut would garner so much attention from the people who already knew you in your own class.

What is Mr Hori's job? The way it was italicized made me think yakuza... not a real job, but just something he does; it would explain his long hair and smoking. Also, he doesn't sleep in the same bed as Ms Hojo. I really enjoy how they're telling this deep side story without having to spell things out.

This lesbian stalker side character just had a whole introduction, plot, and character growth arc in half an episode and it was enjoyable. Also, first appearance of Mrs Miyamura!

I kind would ship Yuri & Iskikawa, their chemistry is rather good, but he's gonna get with Sakura... which would leave Yuri as an unfortunate 3rd/5th wheel.

I'm glad all of those candies weren't durian.... but what a memorable first "kiss". Also, what kind of flavor is clay? I don't even think the Harry Potter jellybeans have that terrible of a flavor. I also loved that Hojo was almost asking for him to kiss her after the candy incident. At the speed this relationship is going, I wonder if they'll be in bed together before double digit episodes.
Wonderful series, makes a wonderful end to my anime week.

Back