FYAB: Find Your Anime Buddy

I've been meanin to, and forgetting about, watch the Black Jack OVA for some time now. It finally dawned on me that the more the merrier, so I'm wondering if anyone else on A-P would be interested in watching it. If so, I figure that we'd start it in sometime in April.

Okay, is it Friday 4th for Gunbuster with 2 eps a day then?
Yep! Should be pretty simple for people to jump into (I hope).
I've been meanin to, and forgetting about, watch the Black Jack OVA for some time now. It finally dawned on me that the more the merrier, so I'm wondering if anyone else on A-P would be interested in watching it. If so, I figure that we'd start it in sometime in April.

I'm in for it.

You know I will try Black Jack, too. But that will probably be my only buddy group for that time.

Black Jack OVAs are very good. It's probably the best entry point into the franchise, because it's a lot more serious than the sometimes very silly TV series. I'm not sure whether I will join or not, but I'll definitely be watching the discussion.

PS: If you decide to follow it up with the new prequel series that aired recently then I will definitely join for that.

Awesome stuff. I guess the buddy group would also include the movie, unless we all really, really hate the show.

Black Jack OVAs are very good. It's probably the best entry point into the franchise, because it's a lot more serious than the sometimes very silly TV series. I'm not sure whether I will join or not, but I'll definitely be watching the discussion.

PS: If you decide to follow it up with the new prequel series that aired recently then I will definitely join for that.

At least I'll watch the prequel TV series, and I hope the others will follow suit.

Awesome stuff. I guess the buddy group would also include the movie, unless we all really, really hate the show.

At least I'll watch the prequel TV series, and I hope the others will follow suit.

I'd be in for the prequel series too.

I won't be joining the Nana group after all, because of the DAMC and, more importantly, a more busy schedule in the period it's planned in. I don't think I'll be able to follow up on it properly. :crying: sorry for joining first and then quitting like this, guys.

Lain is shorter, so that might still work out (at least I hope so). (When do we start that again?)

That's a bummer thor :(

I'm still down for Gunbuster, Nana and Brigadoon any time. Will need a date on SEL before I decide on that though.

Welcome aboard!

So will everyone be alright with starting nana on monday the 7th of march? We can also push it back a week?

Updated.

How many episodes per day for Diebuster? Also I have seen it, so I am not joining that one.

I moved Tutu, too. It's a complicated case.

Will need a date on SEL before I decide on that though.

When would suit you best for Lain. I'm willing to wait until you're available to watch it.

As me sucking at Tutu proves I am terrible with rewatches for even something I love so if no one minds then I'd like to move Brigadoon up in line because I will definitely keep up with something I haven't seen before.

As for Brigadoon I could be up for starting that one next week on Monday the 14th at one episode a day. Does that work for people?

When would suit you best for Lain. I'm willing to wait until you're available to watch it.

As me sucking at Tutu proves I am terrible with rewatches for even something I love so if no one minds then I'd like to move Brigadoon up in line because I will definitely keep up with something I haven't seen before.

As for Brigadoon I could be up for starting that one next week on Monday the 14th at one episode a day. Does that work for people?

With Lain, I think it would be best to wait for the end of the season as it's the kind of show I'd prefer to watch and discuss without much else going on. Brigadoon though, I'm good to go with next week. I'll probably be done with Diebuster by then after all.

With Lain, I think it would be best to wait for the end of the season as it's the kind of show I'd prefer to watch and discuss without much else going on. Brigadoon though, I'm good to go with next week. I'll probably be done with Diebuster by then after all.

That all sounds good for me. What about everyone else that wanted to join?

The Diebuster group seem to have petered out, so it can be moved to the list of finished groups.

As for the Black Jack OVAs, is next week a good time to start for you guys?

The Riding Bean Kickstarter is soon over, and that made me realise that I never got around to re-watch Bubblegum Crisis, the first anime that AnimEigo kickstarted a BluRay edition for. This terrible state of affairs can obviously not be allowed to continue, so I figured that I'd ask here for any companions that want to join me in another of my ventures into '80s sci-fi anime land. Power suits, cheesy music, outrageous outfits galore. Also, aerobics.

I figured we could either do a weekend maration or watch one episode a day. Either is fine with me.

Back