FYAB: Find Your Anime Buddy

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Tents, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tents

Tents Forum Moderator

Posted by Tents on Jan 26, 2016
    Welcome to the grand reopening of Find Your Anime Buddy overtaken by yours truly Mama Tents!​

In this cozy hub you can find people to share and indulge in your anime fortunes and misfortunes by watching the same movies/series simultaneously and having interesting current discussions as you go, potentially bonding and forming friendships lasting all of eternity!

How it works:

1) Make a post in this thread stating what anime you intend to watch or have just started and would like others to watch with you - maximum of three anime at a time! Anime must have finished airing at time of request (if it is still airing, you don't need a buddy group - just join in the relevant Currently Airing Anime subforum thread). Do not forget to provide a link to the A-P main site anime entry of your choosing!

2) I will add your request to the opening post like so:

[Ace wo Nerae!] – requested by Naga, buddies HasseRovdjur, Taekwondoin, ZetsubouKaiji, GenericUser (open)​

3) Others who also want to watch that anime will post a request to become your anime buddy

4) You contact each other via this thread or PM and agree upon a schedule e.g. one episode every Thursday, or two episodes a day, or one-day marathon! :o I will add the details of what you decide to the entry for future reference

5) Watch the anime, share your opinions and have discussions as you watch in the Specific Anime Discussion forum and IRC (#anime-planet.com at irc.rizon.net)

6) ALERT! Don’t forget to make recommendations for the AniRec when you’re done and come back to make new requests and notify me in this thread when the buddy group is done with the anime of their choice!

Buddy groups can include as few as two people, and how you organise the schedule is completely up to you. You can also join as many buddy groups as you want. FYAB is a great way to meet others with similar tastes, check what others are watching/want to watch, and to have current discussions as you’re experiencing the show.

GRAB THE BANNER, SPREAD THE FRIENDSHIP

by 8MangaMan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

by Tents
    [​IMG]

Completed Buddy Groups:
    Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to include all of the completed buddy groups but if you really want to be on the list, feel free to contact me!

CLICK ME: EX-BUDDY GROUPS

[​IMG]
    Earn points for TACO: The Anime-Planet Contributors Organization! Click the banner above to read the rules on how to claim your TACO points via FYAB activities.

Have I missed an update? Do you have any questions? Feel free to post down below or contact me directly!

P.S. No one should go uncredited for their previous efforts! Big thank you to our ex-host LizardLaw974 both for greenlitting this thread and laying down the rules!

YugiMoto, HKBattosai and minoriakabe like this.
  2. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Jan 27, 2016
    Lets get the buddy groups going again, I've been involved in some great groups in the past, watching some great shows and having good discussions with the people buddying.

Ace wo Nerae is still open, so if you want some 70's shoujo sports goodness, get involved. Thread is here!

3. Tents

Tents Forum Moderator

Posted by Tents on Jan 27, 2016
    Sweet! Mama's happy to serve a good cause. :drinking:

4. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Jan 27, 2016
    I'm down for this

5. Tents

Tents Forum Moderator

Noted!

6. 8MangaMan

8MangaMan Well-Known Member

Sign me up, I've taken a break from these for far too long. No promises I'll be able to stick it through though.

7. Tents

Tents Forum Moderator

^No worries, I have made extra sure everyone knows.

8. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Jan 28, 2016
    More people joining? Awesome stuff!

9. Sianeka

Sianeka Well-Known Member

I want to be part of the new reboot's maiden event! Count me in, as 8MangaMan has said, I've taken a break from these for far too long!

(I might be delayed in starting though, and have to play catchup at first, because I will be out of town on Friday, and not returning until Sunday.

Are there going to be new FYAB banners?

Big congrats to Tents for stepping up to guide this ship!

10. Tents

Tents Forum Moderator

Posted by Tents on Jan 28, 2016
    Okay! No problem. And thank you.

About the banners: We currently have no one to make them but if someone wants to contribute and has time, they are very welcome to do it. It will take a while till I get to make them as my computer is toast and I don't have the necessary tools to make them not look sucky at the moment.

11. 8MangaMan

I can make a couple this weekend. Were you wanting a badge like the old Anime Buddy group, or a banner like DTAB?

12. Tents

Tents Forum Moderator

Great! I would appreciate your help.

Maybe both so the people could choose which one they want to use? I feel like variety is a good thing as long as it isn't too much of a pain in the ass for you.

13. 8MangaMan

No pain at all! I enjoy making banners and I haven't in a while so it's a win-win. I'll do both, no harm in it.

14. Funkgun

Funkgun Forum Moderator

Thank god ,someone stepped up!!!
    I was part of a lot of these and I had fond memories of it, I even ran it for a while. I must to be part of the inaugural new.
    Ms,Tentoumushi, thanks for saving this club. (even saved the old completed list!! I am a happy little school girl!

Anyhow, Tak and co, mind if I join Ace wo Nerae ?
    I saw a handful of episodes years ago, but I hardly remember shit. I would love to actually dive in.

15. Tents

Tents Forum Moderator

Cheers! The old list has all the rights to stay intact as it's a legacy.

The more the merrier, Funk. :drinking:

16. Funkgun

Funkgun Forum Moderator

Aces!

Kampai!

17. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Jan 29, 2016
    Yep, jump in with us Funk!

18. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Jan 29, 2016
    Reminder to all in the Ace wo Nerae buddy group that we start today! Thread is here!!

19. 8MangaMan

Will try to make something better tomorrow, but for now made a couple quick banners.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SMores likes this.