Flying Witch

this is the only anime I'm thoroughly enjoying right now, though there is nothing more to say about it than it general make me feel warm and happy when I watch it.

Picked this up today and am really enjoying it. The mandrake bit is my favorite so far but each episode just makes me happy while watching and after each episode leaves me still feeling happy, something that doesn't happen too much anymore.

Third episode started a bit slowly, but I wasn't really bored.
Second half was pretty good though. The introduction to Makoto's sister was nice and I thought she was a fun character. I did find it rather silly that she stated the fact she couldn't use her own hair in the spell's preparation after having previously mentioned she needed black hair, as if we would not have noticed.

I did find it rather silly that she stated the fact she couldn't use her own hair in the spell's preparation after having previously mentioned she needed black hair, as if we would not have noticed.

I think the fact it was such an obvious detail was to better show us her ditzy side. She may be a famous witch, but she's still part of Makoto's unique family. I'd be interested in seeing what all of the members are like.

I think the fact it was such an obvious detail was to better show us her ditsy side. She may be a famous witch, but she's still part of Makoto's unique family. I'd be interested in seeing what all of the members are like.

I could see why that works, and I wasn't really criticising it, I just thought it was pretty funny.

Episode 4.
You know, there's worse things to be turned into. Hell, some people are into that sort of thing. Gotta admit, the reveal that her sister actually warned her numerous times just killed me.

Times I've watched the opening: 33

Episode 04

Yeah, I figured she was drunk and ate it herself. Got some more Akane, who is always a welcomed character in my book! I didn't expect to see Inukai's real face; I thought it would be a secret continually held from us. This episode was basically one long joke, so I don't think the payout was that good (this anime is better with rapid fire), but I enjoyed the episode nonetheless. I also like seeing more of Makoto's witch side because this is never really shown beyond brief periods, although I think she should have researched the issue better before testing out remedies; Inukai was implied to be a much more experienced witch after all, so you'd expect Makoto to not be able to cure her easily, or at all for that matter. But it'll be interesting to see how Inukai will be involved in future episodes as a cast member.

Episode 4:
Oh yeah Inukai is finally introduced. She's one of my favorite characters in the manga. I love the VA they picked for her. She really nailed it. This season sure has a lot of stand-out performances from low-key and newbie talent.

Episode 05

And I thought this anime couldn't be more easygoing. Even though the second half was a repeat of the events that happened earlier in the day but with a different character experiencing them, it still managed to be fun to watch.

Yeah, this is definitely the most chill show of the season. I do get bored with it at some points, but usually it's entertaining enough to keep my attention.

Edit: I was still trying to be fair to the show at this point, but fuck it. I don't mean a word of this post.

Last edited:
6:

You know, when this show is really firing it gets me under an entirely different laughing spell. You'd have to really try to not have a Chinatsu/Akane episode not work though.

Episode 06

Since she keeps raising the bar, I've determined that there is no limit to Chinatsu's adorableness. How many episodes in a row have been centered around her now? She feels more like the main character than Makoto, which is fine by me because she quickly became my favorite.

Kei is pretty uninterested in magic though. He'd rather watch movies about cars and explosions than learn about spells. You can watch those any time - how often is it that you get to see real magic? But he works well as the straight man.

Chinatsu is basically the whole reason I watch this show now. Her interactions with Akane, and the other support characters who show up is a level of adorable that I cant resist. I hope she develops more into the role of an apprentice witch.

Finally got back to this show, only put it off due to real life things as I do really like it.
Episode 4
Very enjoyable episode. I found myself relating to Kei due to his reluctance to go into the haunted house, followed by stating he does not like jump scares. That is me to the letter when it comes to jump scare stuff.
I really liked the new character Inukai and hope she features regularly in future episodes. Her affliction was an amusing character trait to say the least, especially as it was self inflicted as a result of silly drunkenness. Also more Akane.

Episode 6:
I like how the anime added a few new things like Chinatsu's magic visualization when Makoto asked her what she's gonna do if became a witch and the mother teasing Chinatsu while preparing beef stew. Really added to the charm. Looks like we'll be finally meeting Anzu soon. I can't wait.

Episode 6:
Looks like we'll be finally meeting Anzu soon. I can't wait.

I've loved all of the characters so far, so I'm excited for more cast. And how awesome would it be if it gathered up all of the characters and put them together in the same area? Such chaos! I want this.

Episode 5
Not as good as the last episode but still fun nonetheless. So easy to wind down whilst watching.
Highlight for me was Chinatsu following Chito along, ending up falling into a shallow hole. That was silly.

Back