Dakaretai Otoko Ichii ni Odosarete Imasu.

Ep. 2:
Ah, yes, the classic "he's suddenly ignoring me after being all over me and I don't like it which means I must be in love with him, because there can't be any other explanation". That's my least favourite romantic trope ever, btw, as it is heavily overused in Western media. At least these two were already dating to begin with. And the fact that it was because of a cold is actually hilarious.
I love how oblivious the people around them are, like they could do it in the middle of the set, and everyone would be like "look at them, they're such good pals" :D
How can you not like something that has a "Do not Grope in Public" as an episode title?? :DDDDD
I didn't even notice the chins before you guys started talking about them, and now I can't unsee it, so thanks a lot.

Ep. 2:
I love how oblivious the people around them are, like they could do it in the middle of the set, and everyone would be like "look at them, they're such good pals" :D

YES! THIS! How is NO ONE suspicious? Not even his manager who takes him home and picks him up, like, he should be the most suspicious!

I actually have to disagree with the idea that everyone is oblivious. I think at the very least the manager and director have figured out something is going on, but I get the impression that they are behaving in a somewhat standard Japanese fashion where they won't directly say it, or call them out on it. In Japan it is a common skill to "read between the lines" or "read the air/mood" because of the nature of their society.

The manager does this well in the beginning for example, when Takato goes into the convenience store for "sweets", the manager comments that Takato shouldn't worry about ratings, but once he goes inside the manager says to himself that he is going to worry anyway. This hints that he knows the real reason Takato is going inside is to check his ratings...his manager is showing this sort of common Japanese skill of reading nuances and saying things indirectly. He knows his client well. The manager later comments to Takato if he would have preferred Junta to take him home, when Takato is surprised Junta left without him. It's very subtle, but I think this is a scene where it first hints the manager is onto them, that there's more going on than just a typical coworker relationship. Also the director has a private chat with Takato (about their sudden change in attitude with each other) where he jokes about if they've had a lover's quarrel (I can't remember the exact wording but this is the gist of what he says)...it's set up as a joke and is easy to brush off as such, but the director is closely watching Takato's reactions to the things he's saying and how he's looking at Junta during the whole conversation. I think the "joke" wasn't really such and was another example of this subtle way Japanese can communicate indirectly.

I know these things are very subtle and it can seem I'm looking too deeply into it, but I will point out if you've ever watched anything outside of anime with real Japanese people interacting and/or have ever read up on information about Japanese society you'd know of the value put on this kind of subtlety and nuance in speaking. And as such, you might see what I see. Even in many anime this sort of thing is put into it, many of us are kind of oblivious to it, or it takes watching the same series many times but it's definitely in there.

Sorry for such a long post...Anyway, what do you guys think?

*And I want to note that this is just referring to general society in Japan, not every Japanese person is good at these skills so I'm not saying this is 100% across the board how everyone is, it's just something prevalent within society.

Am I the only one that sees the anime is the opposite of the manga? The manga is pretty bad at plot development but good at showing smex, while the anime is good at plot development but sucks at anything involving kisses and smex. I don't even know how the next episode is gonna go! They basically already completed a volume!
Unless they're gonna do the teacher roleplay scene, in that case I'm ready to wince!

Last edited:
Am I the only one that sees the anime is the opposite of the manga? The manga is pretty bad at plot development but good at showing smex, while the anime is good at plot development but sucks at anything involving kisses and smex. I don't even know how the next episode is gonna go! They basically already completed a volume! Unless they're gonna do the teacher role play scene, in that case I'm ready to wince!
Spoiler tags should probably be used for that last sentence.

3:

20-celebrity-memes-that-broke-the-internet-6.jpg

(repeat post for eps 4-12)

I'm never going to have anything to say about this. You guys don't get the fucking satisfaction. Fuck off, everyone else. That's all you're getting til this is over. I'm watching this in pained silence in increments from now on. I can't be fucking bothered

Ep. 3:
"Molesting. Just Don't Do It."
Is that the best episode title ever or what? I'm sold.
Oh my fucking god the SNK reference :DDDD
Where did the cake disappear to?

This is a time, that I am like why did I even to do the Anime Lottery. Like seriously the necks of these characters shouldn't bother me, but it is.

Fun fact: Episode 3's title is a reference to a BABYMETAL song about bullying.

Also I don't really like the dubcon aspects but Takato is still hot... and they have the fucking nerve to throw in a Shingeki no Kyojin reference.

I've read the manga and I hated it. It's very much one of those "rape turned romantic" sort of things and it's absolutely disgusting to me. The anime may have cut out the explicit rape scenes, but the vibes are very much still there and I'm not here for it. Not something all these young "fujoshi" should be squealing over. I'm quite disappointed. We don't get a whole lot of BL anime and this just had to be the one they give us. No thanks.

FWIW I'm really not okay with that side of it, I'm just watching it for the sake of it. I think (I hope?) most people on this forum who are watching it and enjoy it are just enjoying it for the smut and don't actually condone the rape-y side of things, and if anyone does... yikes.

If Takato wasn't so appealing I'd have dropped this though, I really don't like Azumaya at all.

I definitely agree with you that it sucks that they can't make a decent BL that is, you know, actually consensual, however. It's why I don't actually read a lot of BL and prefer stuff with BL subtext and whatnot like Yuri!!! on ICE (although that's not really subtext lmao) and Banana Fish.

Please don't turn this into another Goblin Slayer thread. And no, I don't like the rapey aspect either. I don't think anyone does.

Back