Daily Anime Thoughts

You can smell the Future Diary style of storytelling from a mile away. It'll probably have plenty of violence, it'll have plenty of panty shots and... you're all right about it taking itself way too seriously.

Really goofy character designs, the main psycho girl that wants to be around the spineless main character in some world where everybody wants to destroy each other. Robots, aliens, time travel? I'm sure it'll be something silly. I'm expecting some really stupid plot-twists that just make no sense...
I'm betting 100 bucks on aliens:

alens.jpg

The furry suit people, THEY CAME FROM OUTER SPACE.

I'm betting 100 bucks on aliens:

alens.jpg

The furry suit people, THEY CAME FROM OUTER SPACE.

It really wouldn't surprise me... sigh

I'm just wondering why one of my fav character designer decided to attach his name to this project.
No wonder we get shows like Kakushigoto, I'd imagine that a lot of artists would be ashamed of stuff they've worked on in the past -_-

DAT: Olympics are canceled, and the coronavirus seems like it is growing out of control in Tokyo recently.
This is going to be a weird year for the industry, if nothing else. Anime production is planned way in advance, so few studios planned to come even close to competing with olympic coverage, as usual. Especially not Olympics in Japan. So it will likely be a dull summer season for anime, and then not even any olympics.
The current virus spike might severely fuck up the production side of anime, too, as stuff then gets forced into lockdown, which may be utterly disastrous for studios in so many ways.
Even if there isn't a new collapse, this year will have a reverb on the industry for years to come. It might even cause permanent changes to the structure of the industry, for better and worse.

What are the odds a lockdown might cause a spike in domestic sales for series already out, though?
BB you naive fool!

Tower of God
what's so great about it

Might as well get in Gleipnir. It's amazing how such edgy trash still gets made.
Well there's a thing I can't pronounce

I've seen edgy trash before, but I don't think I've ever seen edgy trash with a premise this dumb. This takes the cake for dumbest premise I've seen out of them.
You had me at dumb premise and cake.

BB you naive fool!
I guess it has to do with SNAFU 3 and No Guns Life S2 being cancelled, and the huge chance they might not be the last shows to get this treatment this season
Working on games and animation from home is just not do-able apparently. For me this is gonna be a great season to focus on gaming in my free time instead of anime. Maybe I'll even finish one of the 30 games on my backlog.

Working on games and animation from home is just not do-able apparently.
Infrastructure is a big deal to most companies. Springing a total change on a company with specific production processes is not easy and changes a huge number of variables which makes things hard to work with and harder to plan, the latter of which anime and games already struggle lots with even when functioning normally.

Infrastructure is a big deal to most companies. Springing a total change on a company with specific production processes is not easy and changes a huge number of variables which makes things hard to work with and harder to plan, the latter of which anime and games already struggle lots with even when functioning normally.
Though most companies seem to phone it in either way :laugh:

what's so great about it
Hmm, basically it's a cool fantasy story without any of the very overused "medieval fantasy" tropes. Mostly because there's also technology. Anyway, the world building is pretty neat and doesn't overly rely on exposition. The fights are also cool, with unique strategies because they're often incorporated into a game or competition, so just being the strongest isn't enough. The story is handled well and feels like it just flows naturally and is kept interesting by dropping information on the right spots without being overly reliant on exposition. The characters are interesting as well, they all have unique motivations and their interactions feel "real" somehow. There's way too many characters though, so lots of them aren't fleshed out all that much, but the ones who are important are handled very well imo.

If there's one thing that may be off-putting, it would be our MC's (Bam) obsession with Rachel (who ran away from him). Especially later on it becomes meme-worthy material...

Hmm, basically it's a cool fantasy story without any of the very overused "medieval fantasy" tropes. Mostly because there's also technology. Anyway, the world building is pretty neat and doesn't overly rely on exposition. The fights are also cool, with unique strategies because they're often incorporated into a game or competition, so just being the strongest isn't enough. The story is handled well and feels like it just flows naturally and is kept interesting by dropping information on the right spots without being overly reliant on exposition. The characters are interesting as well, they all have unique motivations and their interactions feel "real" somehow. There's way too many characters though, so lots of them aren't fleshed out all that much, but the ones who are important are handled very well imo.

If there's one thing that may be off-putting, it would be our MC's (Bam) obsession with Rachel (who ran away from him). Especially later on it becomes meme-worthy material...
Well I guess that's worth a look

Back