Claymore

Re: Claymore - [Action] - [TV]

I just watched episode 9 and the first 20 seconds had me going "Wow!". I have to admit that there are some very very good shows this season. Claymore has definitely crawled up into my must watch list.

You sure? First 20 seconds of episode 9? This was a rather tame episode compared to the others, I thought. Although, good to be back in the present. Cannot WAIT for the next episode - looks like a corker.

about a week ago i put episodes 7 and 8 on my ipod, and i was like crying in my car because i wanted more claymore, now im gonna go watch episode 9 since i just got back from florida!

Episode 10: BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT!

Male Awakened Beings, eh? This anime has so many tricks up its sleeve! And Clare's power is a fantastic extra layer to her characterisation.

I do agree with you, Vivi's Queen, wonderful ep indeed, can't wait for 11...

Clare is not so weak as they said, I knew it, she is brilliant *-*

Last edited by a moderator:

How often do fansubs usually release episodes?
Depends entirely on the respective fansub group.

In case of Claymore, you are lucky, because it is fansubbed (among others) by Eclipse - and they are usually doing overnight fansubs ^_^ - i.e. usually you can get fansubbed episode the day after it is aired on TV (in Japan). The downside is lower (usually) video quality because there is limited raw selection in such short interval. Other than that their job is top-notch.

Claymore is usually subbed on wednesday or wednesday night, along with bleach and death note, although death note isn't airing anymore -_-

this random limb chopping off in claymore is driving me insane, just chillin watchin it and then BAM! NO LEGS BIATCH!

i find my eyes shooting open every time limbs get chopped off, it's like kill bill only anime style and less spraying blood fountains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Currently episode 14 is out in eng dub and episode 15 is coming soon...

Can I ask something, will there be a romantic tention between Clare and Raki. or will it be just a brother/sister relationship like in The Last Exile????

in the manga (which is not finished) there no romance as of yet.

Episode 10: BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT!

Male Awakened Beings, eh? This anime has so many tricks up its sleeve! And Clare's power is a fantastic extra layer to her characterisation.

Have you ever notice that some anime series are sexist.
The majority of the Claymore Organisation is Female. They discard male being claymore because they awaken too easily. Saying that it is pleasurable. LOL. watch after when Clare her the team defeat the Male awaken.

Frost you are right about most animes being a bit biased for one gender or another, but claymore isn't particularly bad. I thought that particular comment was humorous and probably some what sensible due to actual real life gender differences. We are wired a bit differently you know?

However, I'd like to point out (which isn't a disagreement with your statement, but more of a support)

All the fighters may be woman now that men have proven unreliable, but it looks like all the organization's leaders are male. That makes it fairly standard. Woman do all the work and men do all the commanding. I think the women got the short end of the stick here.

26 users have claymore as watched, unless I am mistaken it never finished airing yet, right?

Did they build a time machine? :justodd:

Yes I agree with you Kastrophee. darn cheaters.. they just want to get that button on their profile. or maybe they got it wrong with watching.

There either cheaters or just plain dumb!

oh and yeah Wolfco.. I totally agree with you... it shows how the creators of Claymore are expressing how men hold power and authority in pretty much the majority in human aspect. also considering that the anime's time universe is set in the dark - middle ages and during those time, women have no power what so ever. Except making food.

Currently episode 14 is out in eng dub and episode 15 is coming soon...

Can I ask something, will there be a romantic tention between Clare and Raki. or will it be just a brother/sister relationship like in The Last Exile????

in the manga (which is not finished) there no romance as of yet.

read teh manga lex and you will know :p. i'm not telling though since i've read it ^^_ (the american manga that is)

Just finished watching ep. 16. I swear, Claymore is like the king of cliffhangers this season. They certainly nailed that part about always leaving us wanting more.

Just finished watching ep. 16. I swear, Claymore is like the king of cliffhangers this season. They certainly nailed that part about always leaving us wanting more.

most episodes have a nice cliffhanger but the more eps I watch the more addicted i become. and is seems like the episodes just get better cliffhanger every time

a lil bit slow to start(not that i am bothered by it) but now that everthing is coming together I'm pinned behind my pc every Wensday night/Thursday.... and about the whole sexist thing.. i don't really think it matters but a woman in armor just adds more character to the series :smile:
This series has made it all the way to nr1 on my list :love:

I agree with Malek and BTime. Claymore is getting better and better - I was fortunate to watch the first 15 eps at once, otherwise I'd have dropped it somewhere at ep 3 or 4...

I agree with Malek and BTime. Claymore is getting better and better - I was fortunate to watch the first 15 eps at once, otherwise I'd have dropped it somewhere at ep 3 or 4...

I just wanna ask, how can you drop something after 3, 4 episodes.
What was the influence in whether to drop or not with this particular anime?

I just wanna ask, how can you drop something after 3, 4 episodes.
What was the influence in whether to drop or not with this particular anime?

There is a difference in watching all eps at once or having to wait 1 week every time.. when you watch all eps (or several) you can get in the mood for it.. its like when you drop a series and then continue half a year later you don't really get into the whole feeling of the series...
I think this would be the most likely reason though i may be wrong

Back