Claymore

The most underrated anime I've ever seen, I couldn't recommend it more!!!! I absolutely loved it and I'm planning to read the manga soon!
But seriously, everyones heads look like light bulbs, I think it's something only I notice...
And Raki was annoying. I swear, if I hear ONE more CLAAAAAAAAAARE out of Raki's mouth, I just... I just can't...

The most underrated anime I've ever seen, I couldn't recommend it more!!!! I absolutely loved it and I'm planning to read the manga soon!
But seriously, everyones heads look like light bulbs, I think it's something only I notice...
And Raki was annoying. I swear, if I hear ONE more CLAAAAAAAAAARE out of Raki's mouth, I just... I just can't...
I liked the anime, it had some strong points (I can still remember some battles, that says a lot). I've been told that the manga is superior in all aspects, so maybe someday I'll read it. And yes, Raki was annoying af.

I'm so sad how underrated this series is. It's rare you see so many strong and powerful female protagonists who don't lack a personality or purpose of being there. I wanted to see even more of it but it never got another season. :flip:

I'm so sad how underrated this series is. It's rare you see so many strong and powerful female protagonists who don't lack a personality or purpose of being there. I wanted to see even more of it but it never got another season. :flip:

The anime original ending diverges so far from the source material that another season would have been impossible without a total reboot. Claymore was really good right up to the last third when it became just another dumb power battle anime and that's why it's not more fondly remembered.

The anime original ending diverges so far from the source material that another season would have been impossible without a total reboot. Claymore was really good right up to the last third when it became just another dumb power battle anime and that's why it's not more fondly remembered.

I love shounen anime so for me it didn't really bother me that much. But I can see how it would turn other people off. This sounds like what happened with Tokyo Ghoul where they diverged from the manga. Ouch. Well with the recent trend of reboots like Fruits Basket, maybe there is hope.

I love shounen anime so for me it didn't really bother me that much. But I can see how it would turn other people off. This sounds like what happened with Tokyo Ghoul where they diverged from the manga. Ouch. Well with the recent trend of reboots like Fruits Basket, maybe there is hope.

I'd happily watch a reboot if it did happen. Good dark fantasy anime are few and far between.

Finished 12 episodes so far. It's been decent but I have some mixed feelings in spots. On one hand there's some cool action (even more so cause this is largely about women kicking ass) and such, on the other hand the plot and basically any character who isn't a Claymore is just kinda there I guess. I especially do not care for Raki, good lord this would be better if he just didn't exist and I don't even think he's needed. It doesn't help that he's given the absolute whiniest voice in the English dub. Pretty cool hearing Cherami Leigh (aka A2 from Nier Automata among other things) as Claire though.

The last few episodes have felt like a bit of a drag but 12 ended on a strange note...
what was up with that kiss scene in the end? Felt like it came out of seemingly nowhere with very little buildup. It's not like there was no buildup whatsoever but it just felt a bit strange. Or maybe it's just cause I really do not give a shit about Raki. He's boring as fuck.
The Teresa episodes were great though. I hope the current meh-ness of the recent episodes following that are just the result of me watching with a huge headache after being out all day and not a sign that the show peaked early.

Finally finished! Overall a pretty decent watch and I mostly enjoyed my time with it, but it started to stumble a bit after the Teresa arc was over. Picked back up again by the end but the ending was underwhelming as I was kind of expecting.

3/5 cause on top of the other issues Raki really dragged things down a bit. The show would have honestly been better without him, got a bit annoying with his "I NEED TO PROTECT CLAIRE" fixation when I'm like "dude, right now YOU'RE the one who really needs protecting right now until your skills improve!" Still a fairly enjoyable show and I'll check out the manga at some point.

So I’m 2 episodes into Claymore. I love the vibes and am really loving the strong female leads. I’m still really new to anime and I’m branching out from the mainstream ones. I’m only a little bit into this anime and so far I really like it. The only thing I don’t like is Raki. He’s quite annoying actually and I wish his character played a different role. Anyway, these are my first thoughts.

So I’m 2 episodes into Claymore. I love the vibes and am really loving the strong female leads. I’m still really new to anime and I’m branching out from the mainstream ones. I’m only a little bit into this anime and so far I really like it. The only thing I don’t like is Raki. He’s quite annoying actually and I wish his character played a different role. Anyway, these are my first thoughts.
Oh, sweet! Nice to see somebody else getting into Claymore!

I should warn you that Raki doesn't get much better, at least in the anime. In the manga, you get to see him grow up and develop into a total badass! But the anime never gets that far into the story...

Anyways, hope you continue with the series, there's a lot of good stuff waiting for you.

Oh, sweet! Nice to see somebody else getting into Claymore!

I should warn you that Raki doesn't get much better, at least in the anime. In the manga, you get to see him grow up and develop into a total badass! But the anime never gets that far into the story...

Anyways, hope you continue with the series, there's a lot of good stuff waiting for you.

Omg yeah Raki doesn’t get any better you’re right. I’ve been binging it I’m obsessedddd. On episode 17 now so I’m almost done with it. I guess since you mention the manga I’ll have to read it after I’m done with the anime, to give Raki a chance. Thank you for your response, it’s definitely an edge if your seat thrilling anime. I can’t wait to see what happens.

Back