Characters you hate that others like

Erwin? ERWIN?! One of the very few actually good SNK characters? Dude.
But he's boring because he's not a hot mess. His only thing is wanting to know the truth and pissing off the government and that's literally it. He's not any more well-developed than most of the cast at this point. Maybe I missed something but his story isn't interesting.

To be fair he's not like, my least favourite or anything, he's just really not my type. My least fave (apart from characters you're meant to hate like Gross and Rod lol) is probably Bertolt but again it's just because he's boring.

Then again my taste in SnK characters is super backwards because I like Zeke, Eren and Gabi so what the fuck do I know lol.

Maids in most shows along with their shitty masters, Roberta and that whiny kid Garcia in Black Lagoon. There are tons of those combinations and I hate every single one of them!

I'm not a fan of most pet/creature mascots, like Teddie and Morgana in the Persona series. Hawk from The Seven Deadly Sins, Happy from Fairy Tail, Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Pen-Pen from Evangelion, ect.

Characters who think they're some fucking genius but are just mentally challenged, like L, Light and Near.

Esdeath from Akame ga Kill! really felt like a joke character to me but I'm so surprised with the size of her fanbase. Weird dressed characters in a position of power... actually, Mephisto Pheles from Blue Exorcist falls under this category too.

The little kids that walk around with a god complex and think they can easily destroy the world, Muru Muru and Reisuke Houjou from Future Diary...

God, I better quit.. I can go on for hours...
You know what you're talking about my dude. Except for when it comes to FLCL sequels, which are excellent, you know what you're talking about. But to be honest I really liked kyubey from madomagi. Because it was so satisfying to see it die in horrible ways again and again :D

You know what you're talking about my dude. Except for when it comes to FLCL sequels, which are excellent, you know what you're talking about.

I'm not a 100% sure what you're talking about but I think I understand where that picture is coming from :p

b116d090ddffaec0016c8d76cb8e2127.png

The reason I'm a bit harsher on the 2 follow up seasons is because I felt the show was trying to recreate mothers family homemade apple pie but without the actual main family recipe, what we got served an amazing apple pie that tried its best but it's just not the same as mothers family homemade apple pie. If they would have released these shows with a different title and character names than it would have had to carry less of the weight of the original season, this was a choice they made so it's obviously going to impact the viewing experience.

It wasn't as amazing but I'd still keep stuffing my face with it and I wouldn't say no if you offered seconds. I feel that's an honest and fair criticism. When the main people responsible for the first season say no to the new projects then I feel you're allowed to say your viewing experience is going to change. Sometimes it works out for the better, most of the time it doesn't.

I still love it but there is a difference between being awesome and being a masterpiece, As the creator said 'mself, it's hard to recreate that magic because a lot of it had to do with the time it was released in which is that whip cream on top of it all. :)

But to be honest I really liked kyubey from madomagi. Because it was so satisfying to see it die in horrible ways again and again :D

Kyubey from Madomagi was slightly different because he was a trickster, the character had a meaningful role as the messenger of magic to lure the young girls into signing a contract with him but you only see his true colors nearing the ending of the show if I remember correctly. So for most of the show Kyubey follows that role of the helpless but pushy mascot character.

I'm not a 100% sure what you're talking about but I think I understand where that picture is coming from :p

b116d090ddffaec0016c8d76cb8e2127.png

The reason I'm a bit harsher on the 2 follow up seasons is because I felt the show was trying to recreate mothers family homemade apple pie but without the actual main family recipe, what we got served an amazing apple pie that tried its best but it's just not the same as mothers family homemade apple pie. If they would have released these shows with a different title and character names than it would have had to carry less of the weight of the original season, this was a choice they made so it's obviously going to impact the viewing experience.

It wasn't as amazing but I'd still keep stuffing my face with it and I wouldn't say no if you offered seconds. I feel that's an honest and fair criticism. When the main people responsible for the first season say no to the new projects then wouldn't it make sense you're eating something that isn't totally the same experience.

I still love it but there is a difference between being awesome and being a masterpiece, As the creator said 'mself, it's hard to recreate that magic because a lot of it had to do with the time it was released in which is that whip cream on top of it all. :)

Kyubey from Madomagi was slightly different because he was a trickster, the character had a meaningful role as the messenger of magic to lure the young girls into signing a contract with him but you only see his true colors nearing the ending of the show if I remember correctly. So for most of the show Kyubey follows that role of the helpless but pushy mascot character.
I know man I was just teasing, in part because FLCL progressive is one of my top 10 anime and I vaguely remember you saying something critical about it one time and i'm a petty shit. That is a valid criticism I suppose.

I'm not a fan of Seiji Matoba from Natsume Yuujinchou. He's not on my hate list because I don't really hate him, but I don't like him either. I've heard in the manga we learn more about him and he gets more sympathetic, which might change my opinion if/when I read that, or watch it in upcoming seasons. Right now I'm still thinking about how he tortured a youkai which makes me mad.

I mentioned him because I know he has his fans.

Hm, I don't really have many characters I vehemently hate that everyone loves. It's more like I have several that people are crazy about and I'm just kind of meh. Here's a few that fit the ticket though:

Ika Musume (Squid Girl) - This partially has to do with the fact that I didn't care for the series at all, but I just didn't find her very cute or quirky. Just obnoxious and annoying.

Keiko Yukimura (Yu Yu Hakusho) - Looking back I kind of went through a phase of not liking several brunette female characters. I remember her just being super whiny, nagging all the time, and just overall unappealing to me. Wasn't too thrilled with the Keiko x Yusuke ship either.

Kuma (Persona 4 The Animation) - I hate it BEARY much, burn it with fire.

Hm, I don't really have many characters I vehemently hate that everyone loves. It's more like I have several that people are crazy about and I'm just kind of meh. Here's a few that fit the ticket though:

Ika Musume (Squid Girl) - This partially has to do with the fact that I didn't care for the series at all, but I just didn't find her very cute or quirky. Just obnoxious and annoying.

Keiko Yukimura (Yu Yu Hakusho) - Looking back I kind of went through a phase of not liking several brunette female characters. I remember her just being super whiny, nagging all the time, and just overall unappealing to me. Wasn't too thrilled with the Keiko x Yusuke ship either.

Fellow Teddie hater!

Fellow Teddie hater!

*clasps hands* I love the bear-hating solidarity :)

His character alone already gave me headaches but then he started creeping on Nanako too... I was playing this game for a bunch of friends and we all felt the same feeling of disgust for this shitty bear!

All this hatred for Kuma is un-BEAR-able

I actually don't care about him, but I couldn't resist to make a bad pun

All this hatred for Kuma is un-BEAR-able

I actually don't care about him, but I couldn't resist to make a bad pun

I've been thinking of something to say to this for almost a full day and I just got nothing...

I managed to squeeze in a pun in another thread that everybody seems to have missed and and I'm a massive sad panda about it.

My major one is FMA's Shou Tucker. The divide between his meek, unassuming personality and the twisted things he does makes him incredibly creepy, so I thought he was a great character, but I later learned that he's pretty much universally loathed by the fanbase. Understandable, I guess, but I don't see why the "cool" villains get a free pass while legitimately unsettling characters like Tucker just get hated on.

The guy was an innovator if you ask me. Having both a kid and a dog is redundant.
Pretty sure that condemning his daughter to a life of hell as an experiment to keep his grant going
is the reason people hate him. It's one of the cruelest acts in the series.

The guy was an innovator if you ask me. Having both a kid and a dog is redundant.
Pretty sure that condemning his daughter to a life of hell as an experiment to keep his grant going
is the reason people hate him. It's one of the cruelest acts in the series.

Yo, I'm with you on Tucker. Tucker is probably one of the dopest villains ever created. We need more characters like him but instead writers take the easy way out and throw a rape scene in here and there for that 'shock' effect. One of the very few times I was like... Yo... no fucking way....

I was talking VA's worst roles on Discord, and it made me remember this chick.
yuka-hanazawa-25247.jpg

Yuka from Beelzebub. She's not a bad character per-se. But dear sweet freaking God, her voice was the most agitating thing ever. Every time she showed up my ears just instantly started ringing. And it seems I'm the only one who thought so, cause every other freaking comment on her page is talking about how they love her voice.

Back