Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

Okay, so after reading the summary, I got questions:

1. Are we getting the armors gig now because the shield one made money?
2. Is "armors" just a euphemism for "girls"?
3. What if all these isekai shows are building up to an even bigger one, kinda like what the MCU was for Infinity War and Endgame?

Well Isekai Quartet just announced that there will be more Isekai's joining the show, so an Infinity War Isekai isn't as unlikely as you'd think

Seeing a sensible character within a world of pure fantasy and irrational happenings is awesome! Kinda reminds me of a top dollar pmc operator... Can never be too cautious.

Seeing a sensible character within a world of pure fantasy and irrational happenings is awesome! Kinda reminds me of a top dollar pmc operator... Can never be too cautious.

I agree; it is a nice change .

I haven't read the LN though so I hope the whole " cautious hero " aspect doesn't get stale.

I watched the first episode today, and frankly, it's a refreshing take on the itsekai genre. I love how they explain why people get transported to other worlds at the beginning, and this Aqua-like goddess character might just make it on my "Female Characters I Have a Crush on and/or Female Characters that Should Have Gotten Together with the Protagonist" list.

Episode 1

Not much to add to what was not said above: I giggled some when the anime was making fun of other isekais
Especially hilarious was the picking of the hero (though why caucascians can't be picked?! Discrimination! I think, honestly, that they could have taken this even further for bigger laughs), terminator spawning, destruction of the poor ooze and running away from the demon.

Artwise not the greatest, though that is probably the aim. Too lewd also. I am worried about the repetivness of the "cautious" jokes. Surprisingly refreshing.

Episode 1

This was hilarious. One of the funniest episodes I've watched in a while. I was reminded of Konosuba in the best ways, but it's different enough that I wouldn't knock it as a copycat.

Ristarte is the mvp, her voice actress knocked it out of the park. Seiya was pretty damn funny too. Really looking forward to watching more of this.

Last edited:
The Aqua comparisons will be inevitable.

Even Aqua would be jelly, and Eris would have to pad even more...

QYcX5ez.png

Also, DAT END CARD (semi spoilerish), oh man.

This is gonna be fun.

Episode 1:

Yay, finally a good lottery anime to watch!! It was a really nice first episode... the guy looks really hot, the comedy is actually funny, it has fantasy and action, and a possible romance... what more could I ask for!! It's a good first episode!

I saw this pop up on Hulu and I actually like Isekai but this looked quite bad... so to see some positive reactions is... something. Might keep tabs on this after all.

Back