Blast of Tempest

Re: Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster

Ep 6

Good stuff. My anime circle believes this is to be a possibility
The corpse is Aika's who is an unknown sister to Hakaze. It was addressed in ep 6 that Mahiro and Aika were not related and therefore she came from somewhere else. In addition, Hakaze said someone from within her clan was the killer of Aika. There's a lot of in between that's too specific to guess about, but the main idea is that Hakaze and Aika are related.

I have almost no doubt Yoshino is a time traveler. Everyone has a different perception on how it works. My guess is as soon as he traveled backwards, the Tree that protects logic created this clan of mages that sought to do the Tree's bidding and work to correct anything that would defy logic. Including someone continuing to live who shouldn't have from the "original" timeline. This of course doesn't really mesh with Aika being Hakaze's sister, but I can't get out of my mind that Yoshino is a time traveler.

Episode 7.
And here I thought this was an epic adventure regarding the use of superpowers in order to save the universe from a reality shift. It turned into a mediocre school romcom. Special preparations for the first kiss and stuff, ok... And I'd be damn if Aika has managed to get any personality after all that besides being a horny stupid bitch who doesn't even know what she wants.

Let me explain it to you, Rori. Anime's have these things called budgets. Budgets. Budgets are limited. Limited. Limited means it can run out. Am I going slow enough for you? Okay. When a show is preparing for what is most likely a budget chewing amount of action next episode, they have a breather episode to conserve it. Conserve. Conserve means to make something last. Professor Redneck's class is now over. Dismissed.

Last edited:

Ep 6

Good stuff. My anime circle believes this is to be a possibility
The corpse is Aika's who is an unknown sister to Hakaze. It was addressed in ep 6 that Mahiro and Aika were not related and therefore she came from somewhere else. In addition, Hakaze said someone from within her clan was the killer of Aika. There's a lot of in between that's too specific to guess about, but the main idea is that Hakaze and Aika are related.

I have almost no doubt Yoshino is a time traveler. Everyone has a different perception on how it works. My guess is as soon as he traveled backwards, the Tree that protects logic created this clan of mages that sought to do the Tree's bidding and work to correct anything that would defy logic. Including someone continuing to live who shouldn't have from the "original" timeline. This of course doesn't really mesh with Aika being Hakaze's sister, but I can't get out of my mind that Yoshino is a time traveler.

I'm with you on the first part, but...?
So from the very beginning, I had assumed that there was more to Aika's death than a simply random murder. What you came up with is certainly credible. At the very least - there's some sort of connection, and some specific reason why she was killed.

But why are we talking about time travel all of a sudden? I'm lost.

Edit: Also, EP7
I still can't decide what is up with Aika. On one hand, she seems to constantly be encouraging Yoshino's and Mahiro's friendship. And on the other, she seems to be playing them both, especially Yoshi. Maybe she has some hidden agenda - or some sort of predictive powers, (which would give someone a reason to kill her ), and she saw that Mahiro/Yoshino being friends and allies was going to be crucial to saving the world?

Or maybe she's just a manipulative bitch. Still, there has to be a reason she was murdered. It's at least feasible, if not likely.

Now i want to see episode 8. I hope they pick up the pace again, although i enjoyed episode 7.

funny how this show seems to be at its best on the slower end of the spectrum so far.

I'm enjoying the show quite a bit. Probably my favorite of the Fall 2012 season that has come out but the more and more Shakespearean tragedies are quoted, the more uneasy I feel about the ending of the show. With what they've quoted so far up through ep 7, it's been nothing but tragedies :pokerface:

their heavy use of macbeth doesn't bode well for a happy ending.

especially since we all know what lead to macbeth's undoing...

Episode 7:

Aika: "The best person for Yoshino... is you, Mahiro."

Me: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Last edited:

their heavy use of macbeth doesn't bode well for a happy ending.

especially since we all know what lead to macbeth's undoing...

wait, would that make Samon Duncan?
and Hakaze the... witches?
my mind is blown right now

Episode 8
Well that's... interesting. So Hakaze really is dead, Mahiro and Yoshino are up against Samon then, or they might choose to believe him. Wondering what's going to happen next. They better play this time card right.

e8
well I'm not going to say I called it but I feel I was close enough.
cross-time communication is an acceptable twist and, I feel, much easier to work with than reality popping. I'm sure it all still goes back to the Tree exerting its influence.

so the core philosophic question of the series becomes: would an impartial and omnipotent observer with the intent to set the world aright choose to work with the flawed form or tear it all down and start over? or, more simply, is the world we have now worth any amount of effort to salvage at all?

with the cosmic horror elements that keep popping up I'd venture a guess that Genesis' solution would indeed be complete restart. I also can't help but smile at the idea of Hakaze as unwitting villain.

predictions: Mahiro takes down Samon. in an epic showdown at the base of the Tree, Yoshino is finally able to talk him down through the Power of Shared Loss and revealing his relationship with his sister. one of them will probably end up giving up themselves in some fashion (probably self-hurling into some sort of energy maelstrom in order to use the relic as a magic sacrifice) to strengthen the spells that keep the Tree of Exodus under human control. the world comes through just fine.

of course, there's still a hundred different ways it could go. this is just the easiest ending I can see coming out of this; I still hope they can surprise me.

I wonder... are there any Trees of Leviticus, Numbers, or Deuteronomy?

After the previews I'm actually more excited for the next episode.

Bottom line:
We knew that no matter what Hakaze's circumstances ended up being, that everything was going to come down to the inevitable differing of opinions and resultant showdown between Yoshi/Mahiro. Hakaze was a side character.

This show is pretty vicious.

P.S.
If Yoshi and Mahiro are fighting as teased next ep, then they must be on opposite sides of the question? So who is siding with which side??

Episode 8.
Oh man, two of my least favorite words:
Time Travel. I HATE time travel. And now it's been mixed up with magic...ugh. I'm confused already. How that island is trapped two years in the past is beyond me...I hate time travel.

Episode 8.
Oh man, two of my least favorite words:
Time Travel. I HATE time travel. And now it's been mixed up with magic...ugh. I'm confused already. How that island is trapped two years in the past is beyond me...I hate time travel.
And we all know what that means for the end. The second least favorite thing
Time reset, nothing in this show really happened.
And I don't know how to characterize the fact that
both main females in this show are dead from the very beginning. It's all about the dudes. I mean, ok, females being useless in shounen is one, being DEAD in this demographic is an overkill.

P.S.
If Yoshi and Mahiro are fighting as teased next ep, then they must be on opposite sides of the question? So who is siding with which side??

the lines were already drawn. it's no big mystery.
Yoshino's the one doubting; he'll be all like 'you can't do this it is wrong' and Mahiro's all 'lol screw that' and tries to take out the tree

Love how the show turns its characters to puppets.
Jun -> the dude who talks to thin air
Samon -> the dude who loves to hit the sheath of his sword on the ground

yeah those were pretty epically bad. I think it's a case of just literally translating the manga to the screen without thinking about it first - would have been nowhere near as obnoxious in print <.<

And apparently the main two heroes were too unimportant to Samon's plan to just tell them right away the truth about Hakaze. Nah, just chase them around for all these episodes and keep all your minions occupied with something pointless.

Up to date with this show now. Episodes 6 and 7 were fairly meh but this episode at least upped the interest factor.
Question: How did Hakaze end up being trapped two years in the past?
Answer: Magic.

Nice one Zetsuen :megusta:

I am looking forward to seeing this battle unfold. Not entirely sure how Mahiro will react to Yoshino being Aika's boyfriend. He'll either lose his shit, be understanding or lolz knew all along.

I'm hoping its the first and we see some genuine conflict ensue between them.

Next episode title:
Hakaze Back To The Future!

starring Michael J. Fox as Yoshino Takigawa and produced by Steven Spielberg

Back