Blast of Tempest

Re: Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster

I agree they need to find the balance between too much action and nothing going on. It still has an interesting premise, and I really like the way they explain magic so I'll keep at it. Also Yoshino is pretty sexy. I love his hair.

Episode 4.
Meh. Backstory filler episode. Not much to discuss.
Found that amusing lie about him saving the puppy funny though.

Ep 4:
I didn't mind this episode. Couldn't help but smirk at how the presence of one influenced the other - especially at the end

Episode 4.
Overall the episode was decent. Finding out about their relationship was heartwarming as was mentioned above, and will likely prove important as later events become more heated.

Like TheZippo, I also smirked about how they've unwittingly influenced each other and helped one another to get where they are. I also found the puppy story to be funny.

The first episode was way too fast and the rest so far too slow. There is progress in each one, but it is not interesting to the most part.
Ep.1: The setting (rushed and confusing)
Ep.2: Using rings for magic for the first time (all the action with that female agent was pointless filler)
Ep.3: Using man-made items as tribute in order to use magic (the action was flashy but kinda boring)
Ep.4: Fleshing out one of the characters. And the problem is, his personality is just about avenging his family and absolutely nothing else. That is just boring.

of course it is. except in roriland, where our character development vision gives us insight unbeknownst to man from ten episodes away.

I agree with the common opinions in the last few posts. They have to get the pacing right, but this episode still wasn't that bad. I too liked
the puppy story, and even more so the way they have influenced eachother to the point they are saying the same things about the other.
Still enjoying this, for me this is one of the better shows this season.

Gotta love the fact that everyone seems to like the 4th ep, even though it's 99% filler. Seriously, they only covered a couple of pages from the 4th chapter in the episode, the rest was anime-only material. Good material, mind you, I also really enjoyed the episode. It was new for me, not just slightly modified manga material, but entirely new. Extra character building never hurts, when it's written by someone skilled who actually understands the characters even though they're not his creations. Seriously, I have zero problems with any of the anime-only flashbacks, they all feel genuine and true to the original characterization. I applaud the scriptwriter for confidently and succesfully expanding the characters while staying true to the original plotline when it counts. So far great work.

And if you guys think there are pacing problems in the anime, you probably shouldn't read the manga. The pacing problems in the anime are nothing compared to those in the manga. And it's still one of my top 3 manga, everything else is just that good. You'll see.

Last edited:

Episode 5.
So, that's how that mountain got that gigantic chunk taken out of it...damn. One little doodad and her tongue, and Hakaze can wreck some shit. No wonder Samon exiled her like that. Hell, he looked about ready to piss his pants inside that magic bubble. Can't blame him really. And...plot twist. Hakaze is apparently dead already...I'm confused.

Ya holy shit what the fuck just happened?
Episode 5
Hakaze sure has some pretty sweet poweres. No wonder everyone was scared of her? But now she's dead? How the fuck does that happen? Did she like magic her will into that wooden talisman and she's just imagining she's still alive. Can't wait til they explain this.

Ep 5:

Heh... One of the most badass characters in the story is introduced in this episode (Junichiro), and one of the best mindfuck moments in the story is presented pretty well. Things are getting more interesting now. Also, the episode has one of my favourite flashbacks from the manga (the aquarium date with Aika), which happens to be one of the first flashbacks in the anime that's actually based on the manga. The battle and the mountain destruction scene are anime-only stuff, but about half of the episode is manga material. Good episode.

Episode 5
Boobs that don't shake aren't boobs at all.
This was a good episode. We got to see that Hakaze is/was really powerful, somehow i was still doubting that. I was hoping that hole in the mountain got there by more destructive means, but yeah, no offensive magic and stuff right? This was pretty badass too though.
When Junichiro was like 'Hakaze is dead yo' i was going 'nuh-uh'. Then we got some body in a barrel stuff which really surprised me. First Samon says she is on an island, then he says she is in a barrel, so somehow she's both. Really curious where this is going.

just found this one... easily the most interesting anime of the season. I still can't decide if its pretentious or good, but its really interesting either way atm

Episode 5:

DAT PASSWORD.
On a more serious note, Hakaze is dead? I was thinking that maybe the girl on the island (who is bloody awesome) is a fake Hakaze, but she reacted so strangely, so maybe not? I can't wait for the next episode!

^
Sounds to me more like Simon announced her death to the ppl who know her so that nobody would end up looking and rescuing her. I doubt he did a DNA test on that skull in the barrel and passed it around to prove she's dead.

^
That makes sense, but it makes me think up another question: Why did Hakaze contact Mahiro, when she could have more easily contacted someone close to her? Or did I miss something from an earlier epsiode?

Back