Anime-Planet's Spring 2018 Anime Challenge is now available to join!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Planning to watch anything this Spring 2018 season? Join the Spring 2018 Anime Challenge!

n90M7OT.png

Watch any of the 80+ anime available that start in Spring 2018 as part of the challenge. Anime that started in previous seasons won't count - you can check the challenge page at any time to see which ones do count. Read more about the challenge feature/FAQ here.

Once you've joined, check out the challenge discussion thread and post your challenge link!

Last edited:
Question that has been bugging me about the challenges. Isn't it too easy for people to cheat with them? I mean they can just go in and mark anything as watched. How do we know that people have actually completed what they say they have watched?

Will these anime be added to the 2018 Anime Watching challenge?

Question that has been bugging me about the challenges. Isn't it too easy for people to cheat with them? I mean they can just go in and mark anything as watched. How do we know that people have actually completed what they say they have watched?

Will these anime be added to the 2018 Anime Watching challenge?

People can cheat and we can't stop them, unfortunately. But, there's still value in doing the challenge for a personal challenge, as well as comparing with your friends, etc!

We'll be revamping the leaderboards in the near future as well to make it more friend-centric (or, people who are similar to you), as the full site leaderboard is admittedly demotivating as-is because of the cheating.

Why is the Winter Challenge ending even before some of the single cour Winter Season shows have finished airing? Dagashi Kashi S2 ends on Saturday for example.

What is the rush to end the challenge so soon? Why is it so bad that the challenges might overlap abit, I mean that is what happens with certain shows so I'm abit confused why there is such a need to end the challenge before the season has even officially ended itself.

Why is the Winter Challenge ending even before some of the single cour Winter Season shows have finished airing? Dagashi Kashi S2 ends on Saturday for example.

What is the rush to end the challenge so soon? Why is it so bad that the challenges might overlap abit, I mean that is what happens with certain shows so I'm abit confused why there is such a need to end the challenge before the season has even officially ended itself.

Please read:
https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/...ill-ongoing-series-count-when-it-ends.328697/

Yeah I saw all that and it makes sense for shows ongoing but I still don't see why there is a need to finish the challenge before some of the single cour shows of the season have even ended? Like why the rush to close the challenge? Spring 2018 will have barely started.

It just seems counter productive to me to have a seasonal challenge thing that actually finishes before the season is over, the logic of that is completely lost on me. At the very least it would have made sense for the challenge to end on Sunday would it not?

Anyway it's not that big a deal but yeah logically I don't understand it.

Yeah I saw all that and it makes sense for shows ongoing but I still don't see why there is a need to finish the challenge before some of the single cour shows of the season have even ended? Like why the rush to close the challenge? Spring 2018 will have barely started.

It just seems counter productive to me to have a seasonal challenge thing that actually finishes before the season is over, the logic of that is completely lost on me. At the very least it would have made sense for the challenge to end on Sunday would it not?

Anyway it's not that big a deal but yeah logically I don't understand it.

Technically speaking the season ended last sunday. We are currently in the week between seasons.

Back