Anime Clichés You Hate!

sounds when eating... im not really sure why they have to do that.
in most cases it just sounds unnatural, nobody says sounds like that when eating in real life.
Can‘t stand slurping noises either. A lot of people do this not just when eating noodles, but also when drinking soup, tea..any liquid.

The thing is, it‘s not strictly considered a table manner to slurp noodles. Children aren’t told by their parents that they should slurp their noodles. It‘s more like they grow up seeing their parents doing it and assume that it‘s an ok thing to do.

Probably lies somewhere in between habit and culture. Again, many people in Japan do it, but it‘s not taught, and it‘s not a tacit rule either.

yelling-the-name-of-your-special-attack-as-you-do-it-photo-u1

I got one that annoys me to no end: The "Taking a bath when you visit" thing. Why do they always that? I attended my fair share of sleepovers (...Okay, I attended 2 and a half) and I nary recall the host weirdly offering to let me take a bath. It creeps me out. Who wants to shower in a someone else's house?

They don't do it in Shingeki no Kyojin! They just yell really loudly instead!

I got one that annoys me to no end: The "Taking a bath when you visit" thing. Why do they always that? I attended my fair share of sleepovers (...Okay, I attended 2 and a half) and I nary recall the host weirdly offering to let me take a bath. It creeps me out. Who wants to shower in a someone else's house?
Japanese people are very clean. They bathe/shower every day. Baths are meant for relaxing, so in some ways I think it's to try and get your guest/s to relax if they're staying the night, on top of wiping off all their sweat (Japan can get super humid, plus they tend to do some kind of sport at school whether it's PE/gym/whatever or after school sports club activities).

It's also an excuse for fanservice, of course, but I'm sure it stems from actual hospitality somewhere.

2 and a half? Tell me more about the half. Did you show up for a sleep over and leave in the middle of the night?

2 and a half? Tell me more about the half. Did you show up for a sleep over and leave in the middle of the night?
Little context: I was a God at Diddy Kong Racing. Undefeated to this day. I can hook up a 64 right now and still school a fool as Pipsy. (Also unbeatable at SSX Tricky. But that's just an unrelated brag)

My little brother's friend Matthew did not believe me. 8 losses in a row later, he quite literally rips the 64 out of the wall and throws it at me.

I decided to go home after that.

Last edited:
when characters use swords as a stick to get back on the feet after getting their ass whopped.
you do NOT do that, because that will damage the tip of the sword.

also swords rattling. swords doesnt rattle, unless it is broken.

when characters use swords as a stick to get back on the feet after getting their ass whopped.
you do NOT do that, because that will damage the tip of the sword.

also swords rattling. swords doesnt rattle, unless it is broken.
I find that to be acceptable flair.
----------

Hate: A lot of good "types" of character designs get pigeonholed onto certain character archetypes. Why do so many curlyhaired "ojou" characters with eyes not perfectly round have to almost always be bitchy antagonists, for example?

Back