Ace of the Diamond: Act II

Can't say I'm excited for more middling sports anime. I think baseball might be a bit too boring of a sport to make a great anime unless it's something like One Outs, but that's basically Akagi with baseball.

Reactions: Zed
I'm honestly just surprised that they keep finding ways to make more of this. Aren't there two 50+ episode seasons or something already??

I'm honestly just surprised that they keep finding ways to make more of this. Aren't there two 50+ episode seasons or something already??

That just covered Act I. There's already 146 chapters of Act II so you can expect this one to be long running too.

Episode 1

The boys are back! The first chunk of this was recap. Normally that would annoy me, but I got so far in the manga, that it was good to be reminded where the anime is at. All in all it was a pretty meh episode. Some funny moments, but mostly exposition and none of that sports anime intensity I crave. Well, it did start off intense, but it was undercut by an admittedly amusing joke.

Then we get the obligatory pumping up of a rival team to make them seem more formidable than the other teams that have been hyped up before. Strangely not the team they're playing next, which may mean they lose this next match and the hyped team becomes a future obstacle.

Hoping for more out of episode 2.

Took 6 episodes just for Sawamura to take the mound. Either these episodes have to start coming out more than once a week, the episodes need to be longer, or there just needs to be more episodes than the scheduled 50 or so because there is more than enough source material.

Took 6 episodes just for Sawamura to take the mound. Either these episodes have to start coming out more than once a week, the episodes need to be longer, or there just needs to be more episodes than the scheduled 50 or so because there is more than enough source material.
I'm watching for him and they are still doing him dirty

I am kinda disappointed in the level of animation. It often feels like they only took a page from the manga and colored them and slide from top to bottom or left to right... Kinda the reason why I currently rate it with only 3.5 instead of 5....

Back