Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout

The manga was amazing, read it twice already, can't wait for anime. I really hope it will be as good.
Ps. This will be the first time I've read manga before the anime happened.

Hoping this will be good! It's on my extremely short list of isekei I actually like, and probably the closest to its typical tropes. After I found out the manga is a husband/wife team, it made a little more sense why I enjoy it.

isekai.jpeg
January 11 Debut

Last edited by a moderator:
The adaptation seems ok. However, I hate the narrator's voice. Why is there narrator to begin with? Manga is told solely from perspective of the two main characters. I'm surprised it got adapted to begin with. While it is fun, the manga has only 5 volumes.

Episode 1:

This was a pretty amusing and fun first episode. Got a few chuckles out of me. Pretty funny performance from MAO and the opening is done by the singing voice of Basara Nekki and Jam Project member, Yoshiki Fukuyama.

This could be an entertaining show. Probably should check the manga too since I heard some good things.

Episode 2:

Do I like this show? I don't know.

Very often, it's fun.
Sometimes it feels kinda homophobic.
Sometimes, it feels somewhat tasteful and as though it's saying something interesting about sexuality and gender.
Then it feels somewhat sexist/homophobic, again.

So, I guess we'll give this another ep.

Episode 2:
Must be nice if you can summon your apartment anywhere you go and you even get free water and electricity too. Shame that there's no TV or internet though.

Anyway, this continues to be pure gold. Probably the most fun show this season for me. Satoshi Hino and Gokai Yellow are fucking great in this and their deliveries are perfect and spot-on. I also love Tachibana's shark teeth. I love characters with fangs and shark teeth especially if they're pretty cheeky.

Looks like the next episode will be about a narcissistic elf. That's gonna be a hoot.

Episode 3:
I'm always up for some haughty elf bullying. Her forest burned down, she got humiliated, Jinguji killed her guardian deity, and to top it all off she unknowingly ate its meat. Hah.

Plot is actually getting a lot more interesting them i expected for an commedy.

its better them most isekai out there

Overall, this was fun but nothing special. It got a couple of chuckles out of me and Satoshi Hino and MAO's vocal work was great. I'd probably check out the manga one day.

3 out of 5.

This was the first manga I've read before anime happened, and it felt weird. Manga was fun, and felt different than anime. I guess some stories are better when you read them. I'm not saying it was bad but my rating is 3,5 for anime while 4,5 for manga.

Last edited:
I had quite some skepticism and reserve in the beginning, but this show proved me wrong. A good and enjoyable comedy, parody, with a bit of a very actual psychology. I would say at certain points it has a similar vibe to Uramichi-oniisan, but it's not like they share much in common to fully compare.

Back