My Dress-Up Darling

ANOTHER GYARU ANIME!!
tenor.gif

DAMMIT. I thought it would be about cute boys being forced to cross-dress and instead it's about a guy helping a hot gyaru cosplay while breaking out of his shell.

Cloverwork PVs always look confident and amazing but they fuck up the real shit. hope they don't do skip important scenes or rush the story.
ngl i'm a little scared cz it Cloverworks:sweat:

01:

Marin, truly a girl of refined culture being so passionately into eroge. *nods head*

This line delivery from Gojou was too perfect with that stern face and voice, I laughed hard:

9PkE9LP.png

The ED is also pretty cute by the way, I like it quite a bit. Great first episode all around.

Last edited:
Ep. 1

I'll watch it, but I couldn't shake how unnatural the character interactions were, and how formulaic the events felt.......Writing seems a cut beneath the animation quality.

Overall it was..........charming......

Episode 1:

UVaXW6A.png

Me to my Master Grade Gunpla every time I wake up. Too bad there's no bishoujo game-loving, extroverted gyaru who wants me to help her build plamo.

But jokes aside, this is one of my anticipated shows this season. Big fan of the manga and the adaptation is pretty solid so far. Most of the seiyu are newcomers too but so far they're doing a good job.

This was interestingly not what i expected, in a good way
Episode 1
So... first things first, the childhood friend was a bit harsh, right? Okay sure he likes dolls, that's abnormal, got it, I could see why she might be upset if he prefers this to hanging our with her/friends and had no hobbies but to burst out crying and declare she hates him? Feel a bit over the top. Sadly i can't help she will appear again as one of two things, a love competitor to create the whole triangle (please don't) or a tsundere out to bully him who will be promptly smacked down by gyaru girl.

That aside, I liked the story thus far. I wont lie, I'm a sucker for the setting of "loner guy befriends weird/popular girl", but i love when they add some material, So like here, they didn't make him the loser everyone hates or dislikes, not at all, he is just that kid with no friends, he classmates certainly take advantage of him for cleaning but no one forces him or even asked him to do it, he just does it, of course they know he will but the point is it creates a separate show from one where they demand he does it or put pressure on him to do it, it changes the vibe, he isn't miserable as much as he is a loner.
Then we add her, she is popular but a bit geeky. I loved the part with her turning on that guy, She is 100% right though, don't care if your 15 or 35, if your trying to pull someone or hookup with someone, you don't observe a clothing item, find a brand or in this case, a image or a hobby and then proceed to call them a "nerd and mock said hobby, how did that guy ever expect she would just say yes? Glad she instilled fear to him whilst shooting her friends down who would make a exception if he was hot.

Ahem, my love for that scene aside;

I generally liked the sewing room scene, these shows shine when the two find that connecting detail, and of course, it landed nicely for me. Popular girl + Unpopular guy, Guy with hobby which is abnormal or odd to most is loved by her and in turn can help her, what's not to like? I hope we keep conflict low in this one and focus more on these two over extras, if so i see it running to be a great show.

Really looking forward to next weeks

Just like with the manga, I don't get the appeal of this.
Finding someone to share your Nerdy-ness with is amazing. That moment when you feel fear or shame about something you love or enjoy sucks so much. Yet in life finding someone to share in that interest or obsession is amazing. My wife and I play board games (her thing) play WoW (my thing), we read comics together and to our 13 month old for bedtime. We never feel fear or shame because we have each other and our hobbies.

That is what this is about, and why it resonates with people.

Back