SK8 the Infinity

Reki, is a highschool sophomore and skater, is addicted to "S" a highly secret and dangerous down hell skateboarding race that takes place in an abandoned mine. The skaters are especially wild about The "Beefs." Or heated battles that erupt in the race.

Reki takes Langa, a transfer student returning to Japan after studying abroad, to the mine where the races are held. Langa who has no skateboarding experiences, find himself pulled in the world of "S"

Last edited:
I know that its the same guy who wrote the story to Code Geass, but I really want this anime to be successful. I wish for that with all of my heart, but I'm also scared that it will fail. But if I expect the worst that can happen, maybe it won't feel so disappointing. Well, at least I can say that the studio tried to do something different. Better to create something different and to fail spectacularly than to create the same boring shit.

I'm just glad we're finally getting an anime about skateboarding tbh. It looks like it'll be pretty enjoyable too, at least imo. Fingers crossed they don't totally drop the ball on it tho. (Also, seconding what Jet said, it's weird the focus is more on racing than on tricks but hopefully there'll still be some cool tricks within the show).

When this anime comes out, I’m going to look forward to watching it since I’ve never watched an anime about skateboarding before. The characters and the plot of this anime looks promising and entertaining, so I hope that the anime will be good and one that isn’t boring. :frustrat:

I - He was a Sk8er Boi
bUg6Yah.gif

This is great!

You'd expect an anime with this generic artstyle and character designs to have little personality, but luckily that didn't seem to be the case in this episode. It definitely feels like a sports shounen, but like, the good things about a sports shounen, mixed with some unintrusive humor, quirkiness of the characters is fun but balanced, not too over the top where it counts. But what is over the top is the skating and the hammy antagonist characters, which is exactly what I wanted.

Fantastic animation as expected by bones. Good use of dynamic character poses, cgi environments for the racing scenes, good effects, but most importantly is that expressiveness, which kind of takes the feel of the show a step beyond its artstyle and character designs.

But also, like i was hoping, it was obviously made with a passion for skateboarding.
Blue guy's ending scene with the snowboarding style skateboarding was really cool looking. And that ending, where the music cut out and the FLCL style guitar starts up, with the fireworks happening everywhere? CHIIIILS. Wasn't a fan of the two main characters' designs, but their chemistry will make up for it.

The ED with them all wiping out and injuring themselves to that chill song. This is definitely appropriate.

Last edited:
01:

This was actually a lot better than I expected. I don't think there was anything I didn't love about it, the characters were fun and the skateboarding with the mad max goons was so fucking over the top ridiculous cool with the animation. Jesus, I think I orgasmed like 10 times over. This leans hard into it's absurdity in the best way possible. We had Dio Brando blasting Beethoven lmao....

Also yo, that OP is a goddamn bop. A GODDAMN BOP. Contender for best OP of the season to me.

Last edited:
Back