Mewkledreamy

Now that it's finally getting subbed - although not officially, shame on that >:( -, I was able to check out the first episode. So far it's fantastic. Yume's a great protagonist and the story is fun even though it's supposed to be a toy commercial (like most children's anime), all thanks to Hiroaki Sakurai. It's going to have 48 episodes, hopefully it'll keep being like this.

And I liked that Yume's mom was not blamed for running away from work, she had it rough, with having all the small tasks shoved on her, both at home and at her office. In the end, even Yume started helping out her at housework.

Considering it's a show literally aimed for kids to advertise a toyline - it's a Sanrio title -, unlike things like Madoka and its counterparts, it's not really surprising. But it's certainly welcoming for sure, Precure needs more competition :)

Also the first episode is up on Youtube on the official channel, sadly there are no subtitles, but at least it's something:

Anyone know where I can watch this legally? I can't find anything...

There's no such thing with these kind of shows - as in the ones aimed at little girls for the purpose of selling toys, eg. Precure, Aikatsu, the Pretty Series, Jewelpet, etc. -, no licensor ever bothers with them, so unless you live in Japan, you sail the high seas, being at the mercy of fansubbers and/or raw providers, or not watching it at all. Or pray if it ever happens, it won't get the Glitter Force treatment. Sorry about that :(

Episode 30

Oh shit, Sugiyama just asked Yume out for a date, basically. Obviously, with him working for the baddies and planning to steal the Dreamy Stones, it probably won't end well for Yume. I'm interested what the inevitable unfolding crisis will be.

Nice episode by the way, I'm always down for more Kotoko.

Episode 33

And Yume failed to enter Sugiyama's dream again - that makes it 3 - and most likely entered Yuri's dream instead but Yume's not too bright to make those connections. The Queen of Nightmares has made her appearance before the end and we could see her silhouette for the first time: I wonder if she's someone we know, otherwise I don't think they would make an effort to keep her identity a secret. And an ominous ending with Sugiyama holding a dreamcatcher he got from Yuri. I was kinda expecting him throwing it away or crushing it for some reason.

Maira episode next week.

Back