Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic

Anyone farmiliar with the series know if I could watch this without seeing the original series?

Anyone familiar with the series know if I could watch this without seeing the original series?

Honestly, I think you can watch this without watching the prior series as it's not a direct sequel. Though the techno-talk about their powers is a bit trimmed down and could look confusing what it mostly comes down to that they get their ''powers'' from being partnered with characters living in (three) different dimensions.

Beyond that you see some hints here and there about the prior anime with the old characters appearing on background computer panels and monitors sometimes. You get to hear about the prior organisation of the old characters and their world saving duties and that's about it.

It's mostly cute magical girls doing cute magical girl things and other than being canon to one another and having almost the same power-mechanics the series might as well be unrelated.

It's mostly cute magical girls doing cute magical girl things and other than being canon to one another and having almost the same power-mechanics the series might as well be unrelated.

This sounds like what I was hoping for :p
Thanks for the heads up!

Episode 1~12

With bare-bones ties to the original series leaving little more than a few cameo's for the original cast. This anime is practically a different show. While coupling is still part of the power-gain-transformation it's handled completely differently to the extent that this series might as well not be related.

What it leaves us with is simply a slice-of-life show about the everyday lives of magical girls that power up by supposedly teaming up with characters from and in different worlds. The relationship between other-dimensional being and human doesn't really come up as a large part of the show at all so they could almost be normal power ups though it does work with it a tiny bit in subplots the largest amount of time is spend on magical girls being cute together. Being cute together amounts to lots of lesbian-subtext from ''lewd'' handholding, girls on top of each other, overt declarations of love and nude fun.

[Full review]

I found it enjoyable enough and an inoffensive ''innocent'' way of passing time.

3/5

Back