My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax

Since everyone is talking about their ship I gotta say this is one anime I can legit see it ending in a 3way, its super unorthodox I know but at the same time this anime doesn't have a lust vibe and the trio really care about each other, they talk a lot about doing things their own way and being genuine not allowing others people notion to influence them it would kinda fit I feel.
I don't really think they are gonna go for it but at the same time this is one that I can see it happen, besides that Yuki seems to be main girl but idk they did a really good job keeping the 3 together, I even believe Hachiman has more moments with Yui than Yuki. no spoilers please

Since everyone is talking about their ship I gotta say this is one anime I can legit see it ending in a 3way, its super unorthodox I know but at the same time this anime doesn't have a lust vibe and the trio really care about each other, they talk a lot about doing things their own way and being genuine not allowing others people notion to influence them it would kinda fit I feel.
I don't really think they are gonna go for it but at the same time this is one that I can see it happen, besides that Yuki seems to be main girl but idk they did a really good job keeping the 3 together, I even believe Hachiman has more moments with Yui than Yuki. no spoilers please

If only anime was progressive enough and had the fucking GUTS to break out of traditional relationships and go for poly, which would be interesting as hell to me.

I can legit see it ending in a 3way
It's not all that nutty, regardless of how unlikely it might be.

That said....Yui is always all over Yukino. And they're holding hands in the OP.

I mean, the groundwork is there for the girls to pair off, as far as my incredibly low-bar yuri meter is concerned. Given they both clearly have a crush on Hachiman, at this point, it doesn't seem hard to just extend the possibility out to being a throuple.

That's how love works, right?

If only anime was progressive enough and had the fucking GUTS to break out of traditional relationships and go for poly, which would be interesting as hell to me.
I kinda understand what you say, usually when this type of relationships are show they focus in the lust aspect of having more than one partner which is not wrong per say but shallow.

That said....Yui is always all over Yukino. And they're holding hands in the OP.

The OP has a very Yuri vibe and while I don't think they have that kinda of relationship I do believe its something that could blossom

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax
Alt title: Yahari Ore no Seishun LoveCome wa Machigatte Iru. Kan

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.
Just watched the first episode of season three and was not impressed. Hatchiman was not the Hatchiman of the other seasons. He didn’t talk like it. He didn’t act like it. He got emotional where the real Hatchiman would never do. He was terrible. Yui is getting too close to Yukino which was not even alluded to in the other seasons. Did this producer, Director or even the voice actors even watch the other season? I don’t think so. Somebody better sit them down and straitened them up if they want this season to go well. This is not what I waited all these years for.

Just watched the first episode of season three and was not impressed. Hatchiman was not the Hatchiman of the other seasons. He didn’t talk like it. He didn’t act like it. He got emotional where the real Hatchiman would never do. He was terrible. Yui is getting too close to Yukino which was not even alluded to in the other seasons. Did this producer, Director or even the voice actors even watch the other season? I don’t think so. Somebody better sit them down and straitened them up if they want this season to go well. This is not what I waited all these years for.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

There's this thing called character development, characters can change over time. This is the result of natural growth to me.

The dance sequence in the op just messed me up!
First half did not thrill me.... second half brought me back to the love of this show I remembered being in.
I agree with previous statements about a poly ending, but I think it's as likely as an Iroha ending, which is what I actually want... the utter irony of it all would be delicious.
However, I've only ever picked one harem love interest correctly, Shuffle, so anything I say is gonna be wrong.
So glad this show is back!!!

However, I've only ever picked one harem love interest correctly, Shuffle, so anything I say is gonna be wrong.
Dude...I picked right in that case, too! I was shocked--shocked--that that was the case. ("Well, he should really be with her. But, c'mon, the rules of anime would never let that happOH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING.")

So, don't give up hope. There's always a chance that lightning will strike twice, for you! This could be it!

an Iroha ending, which is what I actually want
...oh.

606e618a6c92d487b062bcba42edb1c6.gif

I kinda understand what you say, usually when this type of relationships are show they focus in the lust aspect of having more than one partner which is not wrong per say but shallow.

The OP has a very Yuri vibe and while I don't think they have that kinda of relationship I do believe its something that could blossom

The show just needs to grow a backbone and end with a poly relationship

I'm all for a series having a polygamy relationship and would like to see it explored, but I really don't want that here. To me there's been too much build up of who he'll end up with and Yui and Yukino have both seemed threatened by the other's odds of success to just flat out accept something like that. One of these girls has to lose and I have to cry about it.

I really like how all the OP's have opened in a similar manner, with panning shots of our main 3 and the close ups going along with the music.
But anyway
As if we never left, we got right to the next scene after they all had that heart to heart from the season 2 finale. This was a good wind down from the drama that was brought on by that finale but after several years it may not be the first thought in many people's heads. Yui's "I don't know if it's I remembered or I couldn't forget" line was such a good reminder of how she thinks, and Hachiman struggling to find a way to respond to that was a good one for him.

Super excited to see how Yukino is going to move forward with her family struggles. Looks like it will start with her drunk sister. That's sure to go well.

Woah woah woah, hey know, back up Kawasaki. I like you but we can't have even more join in this love war.

Hachiman and Komachi is probably my favorite brother sister relationship in anime. Yeah they do that playful bit with each other oh so often but just how much they genuinely care for one another is just so heartwarming. Hope she makes it into the school with everyone, only good can come from that.
Wow that was over fast. How did I wait 5 years for this? I'm already dying for the next episode.

It's team Yui or death for me.

If Hachiman doesn't pick her, I will kill him, and then myself.

So... You've chosen death.
Y7RFaIF.gif

Out of the impossible chance he picked Iroha
I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS. DO NOT LET THIS THIRD PARTY PLAYFULLY TRICK HER WAY INTO THIS LOVE TRIANGLE AND WIN. JUST RIP MY HEART OUT NOW AND STEP ON IT WHY DON'T YOU!

First and foremost.....

#TEAMYUKINO FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
Yukino_Yukinoshita_-_Im_an_angel_sort_of..gif

EP1
Like many others I will have to go back and skim the back end of S2 just to figure out how S2 ended and where S3 is picking up. I'm at a lost cause I don't remember them being out in the cold doing that scene. Unless this is one of those "we'll jump back to this in the later episodes cause it's actually a flashback".

I don't know. All I know is that it's here and we need to just enjoy the fact that Yuki is best girl.

I wont read the thread as it's already 4 pages and i am going out shortly, honestly i am sure everything has been said with how late i am anyways
The short form is - i am team Yui, i want Iroha to win.
the long form
I always liked Yui, she is a kind person and always given Hikki a chance, her crush on him has been around before anyone else's and i think they are a good match, they had things under the surface which make them similar, mostly how explored in S1, their level of "belonging" is low, Yui just is a sheep and follows crowds to be wanted whilst Hikki says he thoughts and is hated, full circle really. Also, Yui has been running this race much longer than anyone else, she deserves some love in the ending. So why don't i want her to win? Well when S3 was announced i decided to re-watch s1 and s2 (start of this year) and i noticed, whilst Yui is kind, i still think many of her moves are to please the many over the few, not in a good way, Hikki pleases who asks for help, Yui on numerous times i felt was a bit harsh or out right mean to him, despite it being un-warrented, this i found my learning to Iroha.

Iroha - she is the late comer and wont win, but she kind of feels more fitting to win. Despite her who knows how many rejections of Hikki (which was one sided rejections considering he never did anything more than be kind, sympathetic or just be outright human), even she came to realise the hard nasty snake the world sees Hikki as is actually a kind fluffy dog under it all who just wants some love and attention, she accepts his "harsh" side whilst seeing his true side, a bit like Yui. Where she differs from Yui is, she isn't bothered about please many, she does what she wants, she bats of any romantic interest into a joke to hide it but weirdly that only works more. The two seem to work together, their interactions feel natural and i feel the help Hikki gave her, has brought her to where she is and she appreciates this, a little more than the average competitor. She is the balance between Yukine and Yui and that i think is why she deserves to win, also, the other two are aware of one anothers feelings now, whoever wins will only make the loser sad, sure it is probably beyond the series scope but i hate the thought of a sad dejected Yui or even Yuki.

Yuki - I never liked her from the start, her rough shell wasn't funny like Hikki or even associable, she was really just bitchy for the sake of it. well, this is how i first thought, after re-watching i came to see her as a kinder person as i came to see the good which came from her. Her and Hikki is likely the real ending but she does feel made for him... the only issue is, the two are like twins, not in looks but they think identical, the humour is lot and they feel kind of dull, heck they hardly spend time with one another with someone else around anyways, and it never feels normals. I think this is because as they say "opposites attract" and these two aren't that, they are identical, with no differing in them outside minor things, i see the most bland relationship. Granted my opinion of Yuki changed a lot in my re-watch, i still don't want her near the finish line, i think Iroha is best fit for it though the least likely, then Yui, then Yuki.

well long story short, i think i wont repeat what everyone has said, i am only sad i didn't get to see Iroha in this episode. I was suprised it literally took of right where S2 ended in the same setting, interestingly fun. It was a fun mix of serious and not so serious when his sister joined in, she kind of helped lower tension and helped cut the full on serious mode... to only end on it again!!! damn she is good, why does she have to be his sister._.
anyway, it's all been said above, all i know is ep 2 has Iroha :3

I wont read the thread as it's already 4 pages and i am going out shortly, honestly i am sure everything has been said with how late i am anyways
The short form is - i am team Yui, i want Iroha to win.
the long form
I always liked Yui, she is a kind person and always given Hikki a chance, her crush on him has been around before anyone else's and i think they are a good match, they had things under the surface which make them similar, mostly how explored in S1, their level of "belonging" is low, Yui just is a sheep and follows crowds to be wanted whilst Hikki says he thoughts and is hated, full circle really. Also, Yui has been running this race much longer than anyone else, she deserves some love in the ending. So why don't i want her to win? Well when S3 was announced i decided to re-watch s1 and s2 (start of this year) and i noticed, whilst Yui is kind, i still think many of her moves are to please the many over the few, not in a good way, Hikki pleases who asks for help, Yui on numerous times i felt was a bit harsh or out right mean to him, despite it being un-warrented, this i found my learning to Iroha.

Iroha - she is the late comer and wont win, but she kind of feels more fitting to win. Despite her who knows how many rejections of Hikki (which was one sided rejections considering he never did anything more than be kind, sympathetic or just be outright human), even she came to realise the hard nasty snake the world sees Hikki as is actually a kind fluffy dog under it all who just wants some love and attention, she accepts his "harsh" side whilst seeing his true side, a bit like Yui. Where she differs from Yui is, she isn't bothered about please many, she does what she wants, she bats of any romantic interest into a joke to hide it but weirdly that only works more. The two seem to work together, their interactions feel natural and i feel the help Hikki gave her, has brought her to where she is and she appreciates this, a little more than the average competitor. She is the balance between Yukine and Yui and that i think is why she deserves to win, also, the other two are aware of one anothers feelings now, whoever wins will only make the loser sad, sure it is probably beyond the series scope but i hate the thought of a sad dejected Yui or even Yuki.

Yuki - I never liked her from the start, her rough shell wasn't funny like Hikki or even associable, she was really just bitchy for the sake of it. well, this is how i first thought, after re-watching i came to see her as a kinder person as i came to see the good which came from her. Her and Hikki is likely the real ending but she does feel made for him... the only issue is, the two are like twins, not in looks but they think identical, the humour is lot and they feel kind of dull, heck they hardly spend time with one another with someone else around anyways, and it never feels normals. I think this is because as they say "opposites attract" and these two aren't that, they are identical, with no differing in them outside minor things, i see the most bland relationship. Granted my opinion of Yuki changed a lot in my re-watch, i still don't want her near the finish line, i think Iroha is best fit for it though the least likely, then Yui, then Yuki.

Yup this is all my thoughts exactly how I think them...........more or less...............

ep 2 raw.............

Not finna summarize the entirety of the episode, just want to dig into one portion I feel I had a firm grasp on..............

At about 16:55 (perhaps give 10 seconds to a branded version), The moment Iroha drops her facade and speaks seriously. I'ma attempt to translate her little speech.

"That's no good! doing this promo shit is probably impossible, I'm running out of time to keep giving up. So, no matter how hard it is, or how much I fail, I'll move on to the next obstacle. Right now is no good, right now is the beginning, fuck if I know how it ends.

Yuki: "For who's sake are you doing this?"

Iroha: "Of corse, it's for my own sake!"

Yuki: thank you for your honest answer....................blah blah blah...

And I have no grasp on wtf it is she specifically is trying to do, but hey, she's been making big moves from the last season, and not finna get lazy just because of a little rejection............

anyways awaits clarity that will probably take until tomorrow...................

I too also like chick flicks!
Iroha's back and you're gonna be in trouble!
Hey now, hey now, my best girl's back!

Prom, huh? We are officially in a high school rom com now!
What's with this Tarantino timing? Is this gonna be a thing going forward now? Cause I don't like it here.

And I'm gonna call that a nail in the coffin with that thought crime; he dramatically reveals he wants something real and you didn't want something real? No, you're done. Yui down, 1 to go!

02:

The end of the episode with Yui was so, so, so fucking painful to watch. DON'T DO DIS TO ME SHOW. I feel for Yui and being Yui is suffering, she is in such a difficult position because it begs the question, can she still maintain their friendship and place with Hachiman and Yukino if they're going out? I mean, it's hard to say it's "genuine" if you hide your feelings about it and pretend your happy for them when you're not. Yui doesn't want something genuine because she feels like she'll lose both of her friends and they'll drift away from her.

There's also a few similarities between 8man and Yukino's sister in their distrust of people and putting up a front. Haruno is basically what a future possible version of 8man could be. "You can't get drunk" insinuating that 8man will never be able to take off his mask and put down his defenses for something genuine. It's always hard to tell what Haruno's true thoughts are honestly.

Goddammit, I already feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Last edited:
From my perspective....
.....Yui is just being insecure AF. I don't think the show did ANYTHING to clearly show if Hachiman had any love interest or anything if any female gets in his personal space, he gets uncomfortable and blushes, and for the most part, seems to give everyone the same energy.

He asked an average question if she got sorted out alright on a recent event they were ALL knowledgable about. And Yui instantly stopped what she was doing and seemed very bothered that Hiki was speaking to Yuki at all................idk maybe the translation of what he said was rough, and a keyword was missed, but yeah..........seems like irrational insecurity to me.

From my perspective....
.....Yui is just being insecure AF. I don't think the show did ANYTHING to clearly show if Hachiman had any love interest or anything if any female gets in his personal space, he gets uncomfortable and blushes, and for the most part, seems to give everyone the same energy.

He asked an average question if she got sorted out alright on a recent event they were ALL knowledgable about. And Yui instantly stopped what she was doing and seemed very bothered that Hiki was speaking to Yuki at all................idk maybe the translation of what he said was rough, and a keyword was missed, but yeah..........seems like irrational insecurity to me.

I think
Yui does need to be more honest going after hachiman, she can't just give up because as you said, we don't for sure about hachiman's true feelings. I get she doesn't want to say anything, and rather be the passive observer looking from the outside, but that in itself isn't really being genuine there. Part of life is accepting the pain or else it'll just eat away at her feelings in the inside. You may think you're not the right fit, but there's no harm in at least trying. I've seen couples who were basically polar opposites and having different interests being in healthy relationships. I think she's giving up too easily. No one said the path to being genuine was honestly going to be easy. I don't think you're wrong about her feeling insecure, because she's always comparing herself to Yukino. I could imagine a scenario where Yui tries to push Yukino together with Hachiman given her nature, but that would likely piss off Yukino.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

Back