2019 Anime Watching Challenge discussion thread

Challenge Link

I don't have anything marked, because I still have a huge list of "watching" to clear, plus there's tons I want to watch this year, and I also have so many I want to watch. I'll probably kick the year off right with some Mob Psycho 100% Season 2, I'm stoked for it!

There should really be a system that auto-disqualifies obvious cheaters.
The challenge hasn't been started a full day ago and:

challenge.png

Link me to this page? The fonts shouldn't be busted there.

That being said we can't stop people from abusing the system. We do in the future plan to change the rankings to be specific only to people you follow/selected others.

Also keep in mind we have no way of distinguishing people who just joined the site and set up their list here. They join challenges too, and since they just set up their list and set things to watched, those appear for the challenges. We allow a way to 'reset' the challenge for this reason, but we can't check and force every person to do that.

There should really be a system that auto-disqualifies obvious cheaters.
The challenge hasn't been started a full day ago and:

challenge.png

To add onto what Sothis said
Looking at some of their lists it seems that they've watched a bunch of shorts and music videos, which is doable in 24 hours. So technically not cheating either ;)

Link me to this page? The fonts shouldn't be busted there.

That being said we can't stop people from abusing the system. We do in the future plan to change the rankings to be specific only to people you follow/selected others.

Also keep in mind we have no way of distinguishing people who just joined the site and set up their list here. They join challenges too, and since they just set up their list and set things to watched, those appear for the challenges. We allow a way to 'reset' the challenge for this reason, but we can't check and force every person to do that.

Hi,

1. You could limit entering challenges only for users with accounts that are 1 month old. This may discourage the creation of profiles just to beat the challenge and new users would probably import their animes within that month. Currently, mostly new users importing everything they watched in their life go to the top.

2. You can use the "Life on Anime" feature (or badges) to compare if a user is adding more time than possible for a challenge. AllaliAdel joined in August 2018 and in those 6 months watched a year worth of anime? Fafon watched 6 years worth of anime from April to December 2018, LoL (Although I see there are plans to delete that account). They must be using The Hyperbolic Time Chamber to watch their shows, lol.

Challenge Link

This year is looking a lot better than last. My main goal is to finish the 30+ anime I'm supposed to be currently "watching".

But I have a question~~, we don't get badges for reaching each level?? I need more than internet points! I want internet badges!!

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/LadyPsychic/challenges/2019-anime-watching-challenge

So far, I seem to be having a better start this year than I did last year. That said, due to changes that are currently happening in my life, I may not be able to keep up this pace. I'm going to try to watch as many (or more) anime as I did last year, but since there is a strong likelihood that I will be moving sometime this year (plus my mother recently retired so I'll have less time alone), I may or may not succeed. As for what I plan to watch, well there is a lot to choose from just from my "want to watch" list. I'll probably watch a lot of random OVAs, movies, and short episode series, too. I also want to finish Toriko sometime this year (it's already taken me a few years to get to where I'm at currently).

Challenge

Goal is simple this year. Empty stalled list first and foremost. Only at 90....but it wasn't much bigger last year. Ended up watching 200+ anime last year....less then 10 from stalled list. Damn recommendations always distracting me.

Even watched Shitcom...thanks to Discord. Should have stuck with the stalled list.

The font's are busted, because I block as much google services (and other social media) as I can without breaking the site.

I don't think a link is necessary, just check the TOP100 on the leaderboard whenever you feel like it. All of them have physically impossible amount whether it's anime or manga challenge.
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/tiliplas/challenges/2019-anime-watching-challenge
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RoxanneBtz/challenges/2019-reading-challenge

Since there is an option to reset the list, it's not an excuse that they just set up their accounts and joined the challenge before importing their lists.
A popup message like when you level your challenge status to everyone who has an impossible anount of media that you have 3 days to reset your challenge or you'll be disqualified.

Even if everyone above the extreme like assuming it's possible to consistently throughout a year to only sleep 6 hours every day and spend every moment awake consuming japanese media would be disqualified would make things cleaner. And that still means some can claim they watched as close to much a year as I did in my life and I'm not a particularly light weight anime watcher.

I agree there should be some sort of automatic thing. I work a swing shit so I really work 3 to 5 days a week and theres no way someone can watch that much anime in this short amount of time. I watch anime like 10+ hours some days it looks that tiliplas just went down the list of completed anime and hit watched because the amount of anime and the fact all the anime that are the highest rated are all on his watch list its more so funny that he hasn't rated any. I think the year challenge should only be applied to anime series that aired in that time frame. Such as a series from 2018 doesn't get counted to the 2019 challenges.

I think the year challenge should only be applied to anime series that aired in that time frame. Such as a series from 2018 doesn't get counted to the 2019 challenges.

If they do that, I quit. As the majority chunk of animu that are decent to me are from the 80's-mid 2000's......................and I don't want to be forced to watch the boring breed of the mostly new animu. T ^T I'll include some, but..........yeah.

I just now joined the 2019 challenge, but apparently it adds everything you've "watched" so far this year. But I joined the site in 2019, so it looks like I've watched 400 shows in a month. What an easy challenge.

I just now joined the 2019 challenge, but apparently it adds everything you've "watched" so far this year. But I joined the site in 2019, so it looks like I've watched 400 shows in a month. What an easy challenge.
The challenge is honor based, if you dont wish to take it seriously then of course it will be easy.

Theres a reset button on the challenge page you can use to clear this issue. The steps to do that properly are as follows:
  • Unmark what you have watched this year,
  • Use the reset button
  • Remark what you watched this year and your challenge will then be accurate.

Back