2019 Anime Watching Challenge discussion thread

Discussion in 'Challenge Discussion' started by sothis, Dec 24, 2018.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Dec 24, 2018
    Cenerentola likes this.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  2. Shidira

Shidira Member

Challenge Link

I don't have anything marked, because I still have a huge list of "watching" to clear, plus there's tons I want to watch this year, and I also have so many I want to watch. I'll probably kick the year off right with some Mob Psycho 100% Season 2, I'm stoked for it!

3. velooti

velooti New Member

Posted by velooti on Jan 1, 2019
  4. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Challenge Link

Not bad for the first day. I'll try to stay in the top-200 like I did in the previous one (though I'll try to get even further if possible =D)

TurkeyGami likes this.
  5. sinuspi

sinuspi New Member

Posted by sinuspi on Jan 1, 2019
    There should really be a system that auto-disqualifies obvious cheaters.
    The challenge hasn't been started a full day ago and:

[​IMG]

6. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Jan 1, 2019
    Link me to this page? The fonts shouldn't be busted there.

That being said we can't stop people from abusing the system. We do in the future plan to change the rankings to be specific only to people you follow/selected others.

Also keep in mind we have no way of distinguishing people who just joined the site and set up their list here. They join challenges too, and since they just set up their list and set things to watched, those appear for the challenges. We allow a way to 'reset' the challenge for this reason, but we can't check and force every person to do that.

7. AngelBeatsYui

AngelBeatsYui Database Moderator

To add onto what Sothis said
    Looking at some of their lists it seems that they've watched a bunch of shorts and music videos, which is doable in 24 hours. So technically not cheating either ;)

8. HikikoKat

HikikoKat Database Moderator

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/HikikoKat/challenges/2019-anime-watching-challenge

Watched 228
    Want to Watch 452
    Dropped 17
    Won't Watch 246
    Life on Anime 3 weeks 0 days 13 hours 9 minutes

Now to see how much the above changes throughout this year. ^^

Also:

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, because the last episode became available for non-subscribers today, lol...

For a first complete anime...probably a Persona anime, since I'm a few episodes into Persona 4 but don't know what the next show in the franchise I'll watch after it.

9. Inu230

Inu230 Member

10. habitualcopycat

habitualcopycat New Member

Challenge Link!

Luckily I only have 3 episodes left of Log Horizon Season 2, so starting off with that, it seems. After that, it's onto Food Wars, which I'm hyped for.

HikikoKat likes this.
  11. Halex

Halex New Member

Posted by Halex on Jan 7, 2019
    Hi,

1. You could limit entering challenges only for users with accounts that are 1 month old. This may discourage the creation of profiles just to beat the challenge and new users would probably import their animes within that month. Currently, mostly new users importing everything they watched in their life go to the top.

2. You can use the "Life on Anime" feature (or badges) to compare if a user is adding more time than possible for a challenge. AllaliAdel joined in August 2018 and in those 6 months watched a year worth of anime? Fafon watched 6 years worth of anime from April to December 2018, LoL (Although I see there are plans to delete that account). They must be using The Hyperbolic Time Chamber to watch their shows, lol.

12. LordAinz

LordAinz Active Member