Happy New Year! New 2021 database growth stats, and new challenges are now available to join

Status
Not open for further replies.

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
It's been another challenging year, and we hope you and your family are safe and healthy. As we head into 2022, just wanted to thank our database moderator team who accomplished a lot last year, and also announce this year's challenges are ready for joining!

New 2022 community anime and manga challenges

You can now join three new challenges for 2022. Motivate yourself to watch anime and read manga, and compete with your friends, by joining our Anime-Planet community challenges!

bsupGR6.png

Database growth stats for 2021

These images show our database growth stats for 2021 - thank you so much to all of our volunteer moderators who work daily to add your requests and other missing content!

This image shows the total growth for info pages for the anime, manga, and character databases:

sbSUcgn.png

Here's a breakdown of how many anime info pages were added to Anime-Planet's anime database. Donghua had a huge uptick this year!

qnxpqt8.png

On the manga database side, moderators continued to add a great deal of information for webtoons and Chinese manhua, which are very popular in the Anime-Planet community. These combined types made up roughly half of the total manga info pages added last year.

kX4jsaE.png

Here's a breakdown of what percentage of all content in our manga database are manga, novels (all types), manhwa (Korean manga) and manhua (Chinese manga), as of now.

fxbeICy.png

And a breakdown of how our novel info pages grew in 2021. Light novels were the highest percentage added, but web novels are close behind. Also see our Light Novels Database.

v0oEeMv.png

One more manga database breakdown, this time for what percentage of our current info pages in the manga database are webtoons in comparison (whether OEL, Korean, Chinese, or the rare Japanese webtoon)

9mg5zUU.png

Finally, a fun stat about how many BL and GL manga info pages were added to the database. We hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

aE5NtEK.png

Woow, What a MASSIVE!! difference in between BL and GL . XDDD

... also I just discover, AND LOVE IT! :-p) the thing you have a LN (light novel) separate Data Base page.
... But I would like too, if you do split the MANGA list, into two Manga/manhwa/manhua - Light Novel/WN/Novels.
Making it 3 list, instead just 2 as it's now.

Last edited:
This is so great! Happy New year! I join when we had only 16,000 members. Now we have over 2 million! @sothis A million Fonz's!

We definitely had the high hundreds of thousands if not into the millions in 2016 XD the forum count just wasn't synced with the main site yet :)

THIS'll be the year where I regain my long-lost anime love! Let's GOOOOOOOO!!!!

Impressive stats!

Can't help noting that manga pages' info is almost always wrong though xd

Wow, these databases are amazing. I also can’t believe that boy love manga has more growth than the girl love manga lol.

That's just the real difference in how many of them are made. Girls' Love is not anywhere near as big as BL in Japan.

Woow. Well, I don't know, A) coz I don't live in Japan. Neither I speak often with Japanese people ... even less with BL Fans. hehe. :-p
But if you say that is as it on the stats here... Wooow. I am trice surprised!. XDDDD

If you're a GL fan, remember you can help improve those numbers by submitting titles we don't have so we can add them!
:drink:
Iee, Chigaimasu. Not, I'm not a big GL fan. So with the number of GL in the DB and my really poor Nihongo ... I dubt very much I could be of any help.

m( _ _ )m Gomen nasai.

I think having the reading challenge go by volume or chapter rather than by series would be better!! That way one piece isn't counted the same as a one-shot.
+1, this is an interesting point, so it will apply to Metantei Conan too, and few (lots ??) more Anime, not to mention several more Manga/manhwa/manhua.

It's been another challenging year, and we hope you and your family are safe and healthy. As we head into 2022, just wanted to thank our database moderator team who accomplished a lot last year, and also announce this year's challenges are ready for joining!

You can now join three new challenges for 2022. Motivate yourself to watch anime and read manga, and compete with your friends, by joining our Anime-Planet community challenges!

bsupGR6.png

These images show our database growth stats for 2021 - thank you so much to all of our volunteer moderators who work daily to add your requests and other missing content!

This image shows the total growth for info pages for the anime, manga, and character databases:

sbSUcgn.png

Here's a breakdown of how many anime info pages were added to Anime-Planet's anime database. Donghua had a huge uptick this year!

qnxpqt8.png

On the manga database side, moderators continued to add a great deal of information for webtoons and Chinese manhua, which are very popular in the Anime-Planet community. These combined types made up roughly half of the total manga info pages added last year.

kX4jsaE.png

Here's a breakdown of what percentage of all content in our manga database are manga, novels (all types), manhwa (Korean manga) and manhua (Chinese manga), as of now.

fxbeICy.png

And a breakdown of how our novel info pages grew in 2021. Light novels were the highest percentage added, but web novels are close behind. Also see our Light Novels Database.

v0oEeMv.png

One more manga database breakdown, this time for what percentage of our current info pages in the manga database are webtoons in comparison (whether OEL, Korean, Chinese, or the rare Japanese webtoon)

9mg5zUU.png

Finally, a fun stat about how many BL and GL manga info pages were added to the database. We hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

aE5NtEK.png

bsupGR6.png

sbSUcgn.png

qnxpqt8.png

kX4jsaE.png

fxbeICy.png

v0oEeMv.png

9mg5zUU.png

aE5NtEK.png
I always knew there was some difference between the amount of BL and GL but DAMN. I am confusion????

Impressive stats!

Can't help noting that manga pages' info is almost always wrong though xd

I mean, this definitely shouldn't be the case, mods here have strict guidelines about how/where to get info and we generally pride ourselves on accuracy.

Can you elaborate more about the types of errors you're seeing? Generally speaking we'd appreciate if you could please let the mods know here: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forums/manga-submissions.106/ so that they can update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back