The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace

hoo, im a little late for this one
i love the comedic timing as stated right above, and i also absolutely have been loving how gorgeous the animation looks
about ysley, im honestly curious about him. he seems like a double agent or something like that, but i can't quite put my finger on it just yet but theres something up with him

The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace (Episode 3)

Quite interesting. The first two episodes explain why this world is peaceful for the Idaten, and the third episode starts to talk about each Idaten seeking their own meaning of existence in this peaceful generation, as peace is what most easily empties one's heart. Rin chooses to get strong enough to protect the seal without fear, while in the later generation, we have Ysley who has become mad about science and research, Paula who has just been born and are still ignorant, and Hayato who doesn't wanna be beaten by anyone other than Rin. Suddenly figured out what the title "The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace" means. It feels like whatever the demons do, these Idaten will still be in the peaceful generation, and there won't be any change. It's just like a slice-of-life anime, but only for Idaten lol.

Looks like a interesting little show nothing too crazy just abit of over the top fights and some dudes getting killed. The rape scene was completely unnecessary though. I’ll keep watching

Four episodes in, this show continues to emit brobdingnagian levels of badassery. This will likely be my AOTS. Reminds me of Hellsing Ultimate with the whole setup and nonchalant violence, except more artistic n shit.

Episode 4:
This is the point where the world building and story gets more focused and streamlined, compared to the rather unfocused start.

And I still love how the shounen protag Hayato gets completely rekt each time for his over-confidence.

So now the demons are using the military to track the idaten... I wonder if the rape scene in ep 1 will be used later for justification for killing the human troops... Since so far they keep emphasizing "military bad" and Rin seems willing to kill the humans if the demons are also eradicated....

I... hope I'm wrong though. O_o

completely unrelated to the episode because i don't have much to say about it
the ending song is by nanawo akari??? AND I ONLY REALIZED NOW???
dude straight up did a kamehameha though didn't he?
that's all i have to say for the episode

Man, do I love Cool-kyou Shinja’s (the original creator of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon) character designs. There is something very unique about them that makes you remember them and want to see more.

Eps. 1-4:
This was a rather interesting start, I must say. Gods that are born from human’s wishes for salvation, yet, they never answer these calls, because, most of the human’s problems are born because of their own mistakes that they are to correct by themselves: e.g. wars.

I really loved the idea that gods would never interfere in a war. After all, why would they want to save humans from humans? Wars are nothing but some common occurrence. However, gods will interfere if the future of humanity is on the line. (Weapons of mass destruction and here it is demons, who wish to destroy the humanity, which is the source of new gods, Idaten).

One thing remains a mystery, though. If gods are born from people’s wishes for salvation, then how are demons born? As it has been mentioned in the series, demons’ bodies are somewhat closer to those of humans than idaten. Then, perhaps, does it imply that demons are people that are abandoned by gods and have strong resentment towards them for not answering their calls for salvation? Time will tell how it will turn out.

I do not know, for now it looks pretty good. The animation with its quite unique character designs, that opening and ending themes, the story is not just some mindless battle shounen, but there is also a small message about it. Hopefully, it will only keep getting better and better.

7-8/10 for now.

Ep 5:
So they censored it a bit, which is not that bad of a thing, really. Also, I love that Prontea’s smug face.
So the demons are now allies of the gods and Oobami’s true identity is a big question. Is he really an Idaten?
Also, all hail:
CwykbkJUcAA1xTi.jpg

Episode 5:
Not gonna lie, smug Prontea is hot.

Weren't the demons literal rapists and genocidal monsters, then the Idaten would be the villains. They are kinda sociopaths in how little they care for atrocities. How Ysley just casually talking about how he dissected countless humans.
Any other show I would ask "And I'm supposed to root for this guy?", but it makes sense storywise how they act and think.

06:
I really love this anime, but these super-fast explanations annoy the hell out of me. Anyways, masturbation aside, great episode that explains the true identity of Oobami, which I failed to guess. And, for some reason, something tells me that humans will somehow fuck up the whole ‘demons vs gods’ thing;e.g. use weapons of mass destruction. I do not know.

07:
Religion has always been a business that brings… a ton of money. Some people pray to God and quote the holy writings only because it brings them profit and there is no room for God in this, only money and well-being. I could have never imagined that the creator of Interspecies Reviewers, Amahara, would actually come up with such an interesting thought, which is unfortunately, true.

08:
What the actual f is happening? I am confused af and I love it.

08:
What the actual f is happening? I am confused af and I love it.
? What are you confused about? I mean I guess there is still a lot to be told in the story but most of what's happened so far is pretty straightforward.

What a goated episode, my god idaten. This thing keeps blowing my expectations out of the water every week. I have no idea what direction the story is going to take after what happened here, which makes it all the more interesting.

Last edited:
Back