Post something we don't know about you

Status
Not open for further replies.
So cool to see so many people not watching TV (ok granted, some of us have other addictions but at least it's not fucking TV). I also haven't been watching TV since at least 2009 and mainly use it for gaming, everything else I do on my computer (music-listening being the biggest thing). The few shows I still watch are on Netflix and I'm also one of those grandpas that still buys blu-rays and DVDs.

Yeah it’s hard to keep up with TV schedules with life being what it is. Netflix is far more convenient.
We just need them to hurry up with season 5 of B99
tenor.gif

So cool to see so many people not watching TV (ok granted, some of us have other addictions but at least it's not fucking TV). I also haven't been watching TV since at least 2009 and mainly use it for gaming, everything else I do on my computer (music-listening being the biggest thing). The few shows I still watch are on Netflix and I'm also one of those grandpas that still buys blu-rays and DVDs.

Yeah, honestly my parents gave up the idea of cable and a land line a long time ago as tech became more prevalent. It's additional costs we don't really need and everyone calls me through my cellphone anyway, plus regular old cable has annoying commercials.

Yeah, honestly my parents gave up the idea of cable and a land line a long time ago as tech became more prevalent. It's additional costs we don't really need and everyone calls me through my cellphone anyway, plus regular old cable has annoying commercials.

That's why I stopped watching TV iirc. Commercials became way too omnipresent, they would even slip them in during a movie (you know, stuff like "GET THIS MOVIE'S RINGTONE FOR 2,99€!") because the 4-5 commercial breaks alone didn't cut it I guess. Imagine a movie like Pirates of the Caribbean being over 3 1/2 fucking hours long instead of 2 1/2 hours. THEY WOULD EVEN RUN COMMERCIALS RIGHT BEFORE A MOVIE'S END CREDITS! Man, so aggravating.

Something You Don't Know About Me: (Or maybe you do)

I love fishing. I will fish like every other week every summer or spring, I love it. I've had a blast just being on the lake without catching anything, except I usually do because I'm good at it. The actual act, not bait or strategy of it, or anything sports related, just the feeling of it is great. There's not much more tranquil than that for me.

Think the show pretty much peaked with S2. The third season was still enjoyable but 4 (what I've seen of it) was really eh. Don't even know what they would think up for a 5th. At the same time I'm happy the Parks & Rec guys are still making shit.

The fifth season is already in the books. Season 6 is airing right now. I'm halfway through season 3 and I have felt there have been more weak episodes compared to season 2. It's still good, but the mumps episode was really dumb and cringe-y.

The fifth season is already in the books. Season 6 is airing right now. I'm halfway through season 3 and I have felt there are been more weak episodes compared to season 2. It's still good, but the mumps episode was really dumb and cringe-y.

Oh. On Netflix they only have 4 seasons. Man, and I thought I was up to date xD

Exactly. S3 still holds up the same-ish kinda quality but you also get the feeling that they were running out of ideas what to do in a police station (which is why they did the undercover thing with Jake and Holt in S4 I guess). It did not become the next Parks & Rec unfortunately but those first two seasons are still really damn good.
The actual act, not bait or strategy of it, or anything sports related, just the feeling of it is great. There's not much more tranquil than that for me.

Think that's pretty much the essence of fishing right there.

Oh. On Netflix they only have 4 seasons. Man, and I thought I was up to date xD

Exactly. S3 still holds up the same-ish kinda quality but you also get the feeling that they were running out of ideas what to do in a police station (which is why they did the undercover thing with Jake and Holt in S4 I guess). It did not become the next Parks & Rec unfortunately but those first two seasons are still really damn good.

Think that's pretty much the essence of fishing right there.

Kind of shame to hear it drops in quality, because I've been enjoying the fuck out of it so far and Captain Holt is a baller. Every single season of Park and Recs was basically fucking great to me and pretty consistent in quality.

Kind of shame to hear it drops in quality, because I've been enjoying the fuck out of it so far and Captain Holt is a baller. Every single season of Park and Recs was basically fucking great to me and pretty consistent in quality.

You know this feeling when a show gets how popular a character is because of the things he does and then start misusing him and making him kind of a goofier version of him/herself because they're like AH SO THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO ALWAYS SEE. That kinda happens to Holt, at least imo. It's what happened with Sheldon in BBT as well (and tbh that guy was already obnoxious from the get-go).

I'm also pretty sure that NOBODY enjoys Parks & Rec S1 :P

Something You Don't Know About Me:

I name a LOT of things.. like bugs I spot in the house, moose in the yard, certain appliances/objects in the house. Like my SCIG pump has a name, my laptop has one, my husband's laptop, things like that.. Ya.. My old laptop's name was Bertha cause it was huge.

I have so many chronic illnesses that I forget some of them when trying to list them off to people. The doctors always tell me I have the worst case of each of them they've ever tried to treat..........and tell me that I'll never recover so it will be life-long and likely to get progressively worse as I age (has been true so far). It's been about 12 years now since the day I got sick at age 21 and I don't remember what it feels like to be well, but I'm never giving up hoping to be cured someday. When I first got sick all at once I wanted it to kill me because it hit me so hard......... I was a very active person beforehand and always very goal-oriented so it stopped me basically dead in my tracks. I have gradually had to adjust. But I'm happy I am alive even on the days it's really hard now. I think keeping hope is very important, while living each day the best I really can.

I name a LOT of things.. like bugs I spot in the house, moose in the yard, certain appliances/objects in the house. Like my SCIG pump has a name, my laptop has one, my husband's laptop, things like that.. Ya.. My old laptop's name was Bertha cause it was huge.

You're not alone on the computers and laptops, we've gone through quite a few and they were all named. My current pc's are named Lilith and Samael, girlfriend's laptop is called P-chan (Ranma 1/2)... My media server is called Silent Bob. The Network is named after my old webcomic.

I have a few friends that named their bongs and we address them by those names when new people want to chill out with us, so they just don't have a clue what we're talking about.

---

Oh yah, just found a few more devices... we have 2 chromecasts and they're called Crowley and Evil Ash... I think we named the old x-box Konan and there is a thing in the house that is active and it's called Gambit but I have no clue that is...

I like to give stuff names too. Usually so I can make them as dumb as I want. My last car was Nelly Bell and the current one in Gintoki because it's Japanese and silver.

You're not alone on the computers and laptops, we've gone through quite a few and they were all named. My current pc's are named Lilith and Samael, girlfriend's laptop is called P-chan (Ranma 1/2)... My media server is called Silent Bob. The Network is named after my old webcomic.

I have a few friends that named their bongs and we address them by those names when new people want to chill out with us, so they just don't have a clue what we're talking about.

---

Oh yah, just found a few more devices... we have 2 chromecasts and they're called Crowley and Evil Ash... I think we named the old x-box Konan and there is a thing in the house that is active and it's called Gambit but I have no clue that is...

I enjoy that there is apparently an electronic in your house with a proper name and you don't know what it is XD

I usually name my computers. My old laptop's name was Jarvis and another laptop I had in the past was name Megatron. I don't recall if I gave my recently deceased PC an actual name but my new desktop's name is Malorne.

There are a few random items in the house we've named, like we have a back scratcher named "scratchy boy". Actually that's basically just what we call back scratchers now XD "Hey, have you seen my scratchy boy?" we're weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back