Post something we don't know about you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taek, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Mar 7, 2018
    This doesn't have to be something embarrassing, it could be literally anything. Perhaps you graduated from Gordon Ramsay's school of cooking, or maybe you served 30 years man and boy in the French foreign legion. Whatever, just have fun and post shit.

I am a walking encyclopedia on mammalian wildlife.

2. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Well-Known Member

I once had to wear glasses in 1st grade due to nearsightedness, but somehow my vision just happened to miraculously correct itself not a year after I got them. Never had to wear any since.

3. CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow Database Moderator

@MythicalTurkey You lucky bastard. (>_<)

I used to be able to play songs by ear quite easily, but I haven't touched an instrument in so long that the skill's probably lost.

BrainBlow, Gens, Thrawn and 10 others like this.
  4. Starletka

Starletka Well-Known Member

I've been learning English since the 3rd grade, I had 4 years of German and 1 year of Russian in (I'm going to use American school system) "middle school", 4 years of Spanish in "high school", and 1 semester of Spanish in Uni, and I can understand some Japanese from watching anime so much.
    I can only really speak Czech and English though. :D
    But the basics of German and Spanish are somewhere in my brain, so it would be easy to learn if I picked it up again.

BrainBlow, Gens, Thrawn and 9 others like this.
  5. Scalpelexis

Scalpelexis Database Moderator

I hate the vast majority of fruits, yet I don't take any pills/vitamins/meds, have no allergies, health conditions and never was injured or in hospital for any treatment. Consider myself lucky.

BrainBlow, KarinXOXO, Gens and 10 others like this.
  6. NarkyOtic

NarkyOtic Narkylepsy

I was once ordered to be psychologically assessed after a fist fight in high school because apparently my principal found my response to her questioning about what happened to be weirdly articulate.

Sure enough, I scored in the 98th percentile, or 'Very Superior' range for verbal comprehension... and in the 7th percentile for my 'freedom from distractibility'.

Gotta say that not much has changed.

BrainBlow, Gens, Thrawn and 10 others like this.
  7. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

I am proudly and wilfully ignorant about most matters of geography, because maps exist for a reason. It's got nothing to do with being bitter about failing Swedish geography four times in a row during seventh grade.

BrainBlow, Gens, Thrawn and 8 others like this.
  8. NarkyOtic

NarkyOtic Narkylepsy

I also hugely suck at all things geography. To such a point that in my adult life I've taken to studying the map of the world and various wikis of places around the world so I don't sound like such a gormless dildo about all things geography (especially politics, historical conflict and subsequent outcomes etc.)

I still sound like a gormless dildo about all things geography.

(I blame my stupidly intelligent and logically-minded, history nerd husband)

BrainBlow, Thrawn, TurkeyGami and 6 others like this.
  9. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Mar 8, 2018
    I look younger than my actual age, people would normally guess my age to be around 15 or so, and will be really surprised when they know that i'm already a Uni student, it sort of hurts when that happens.

10. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

I know that most places exist... somewhere, and that's enough for me.

I once got called the equivalent of "uncle/old timer" at the age of 22.

11. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

I can't spel so gud. I myght use lots of fansy five doller words, butt without Google-chan's assisstence I'd be lost in the sause on how to spall dem.

MineSimmer, Jamie, Gens and 8 others like this.
  12. J24601

J24601 Member

Posted by J24601 on Mar 8, 2018
    I'm sure no one's aware of my obsession with Yaoi & Shounen-Ai... Yes, that's a well kept secret...

NarkyOtic, Thrawn, zala and 3 others like this.
  13. Shikiya

Shikiya Well-Known Member

I'm super good at rhythm games on phone like idolmaster and bangdream, but I suck at taiko no tatsujin and other rhythm games at arcades.
    I play multiple music instruments, piano, guitar, but i am tone deaf.
    lol

14. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Posted by Zed60K on Mar 8, 2018
    Happened to me once recently, though it didn't hurt as much, probably because the girl who called me that was about 6 years old.
    ---
    I'm a great Minesweeper player, I've reached a point where I don't find it fun anymore, and only play it to distract myself or when i multitask.

BrainBlow, Gens, Thrawn and 6 others like this.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  15. Starletka

Starletka Well-Known Member

People usually guess I'm 18/19 and are always very surprised I'm not. :D

HasseRovdjur, Gens, Thrawn and 5 others like this.
  16. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

Same here. In fact a bunch of people I worked with back then thought I was 30 :pokerface:

Thrawn, zala, Starletka and 3 others like this.
  17. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

Posted by Vega on Mar 8, 2018
    Other than Rock Band/Guitar Hero I've never sold a single game that I own (had to sell them when we were moving because the instrument controllers would have been a pain to pack up). Not even the crap ones/games I can't stand.

Zed60K, HasseRovdjur, Gens and 4 others like this.
  18. zala

zala Well-Known Member

Posted by zala on Mar 8, 2018
    No one can pronounce my name on the first try. The only people who can have met people with a similar name.
    A German language professor told me 'Your name should not be pronounced that vay. What happened?'
    I've taken pride in having a name that baffles everyone.

LMR9, BrainBlow, Zed60K and 4 others like this.
  19. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Mar 8, 2018
    I usually prefer wearing boxers, than actually wearing panties. I dunno, panties, just don't appeal to me.

Naga, BrainBlow, NarkyOtic and 6 others like this.
  20. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

I have a weird and I guess creepy habit of opening fridges when I'm at a friend or a relative's house. Not because I'm hungry or anything I'm just really curious what they got in their fridges. I ask permission first of course but yeah I do it every time I visit.

sakuratree, Naga, BrainBlow and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.