Ano Natsu de Matteru

O

Opux

[sadht=Waiting in the Summer]Ano Natsu de Matteru[/sadht][sadhl]ano-natsu-de-matteru[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

First episode was pretty good. Will probably finish this one.

Episode 1
The beginning of the episode surprised me. I wasn't expecting the show to have aliens in it.
The main character looks like the main character of AnoHana. I'll keep watching this one.

^ Same director as AnoHana. The show in general reminds me of AnoHana.

This show seems quite good, I will definitely be watching. I really like the dialogue and find practically all the characters quite pleasant. Interesting hook at the end. Unfortunate cliche about
her having to live with him
. Other than that, this could be an unexpected season gem? Well, I've got a good feeling about it anyway.

is this made by the same artist behind Anohana?
Different studios, but almost the exact same art?

episode 1..... first minute impression: "well this should be a nice slice of life show. hmm, nice art style, not the same cliche main character design you always see. nice easy to understand back story. HOLY SHIT, EXPLOSIONS!!!!!?"
so i went from Starry Sky, to Kasimasi, to Linebarrels of Iron, to Ichigo 100%, When They Cry, to every series where the girl moves in with the guy, to Ghost in the Shell, to ecchi..... what a wild unexpected trip this was. I LIKE IT!
i think this will be a sleeper hit.

I dont know about anohana since I didn't watch it yet but this show has some similarities with Onegai teacher and Onegai twins. The screenwriter and the character designer of those 2 shows are working in Ano natsu de Matteru. And that's not all, the red-haired alien student is clearly based on the red-haired alien teacher on both Onegai anime shows. And if that wasn't enough, the twin-tailed brown-haired loli called Yamano Lemon is a copy of Morino Ichigo (student council president in both Onegai shows). She even has 2 of Morino's trademarks lines in her dialogue. For the people who watched any of the Onegai shows (or both), this one is going to be awesome.

^ Same director as AnoHana. The show in general reminds me of AnoHana.

This show seems quite good, I will definitely be watching. I really like the dialogue and find practically all the characters quite pleasant. Interesting hook at the end. Unfortunate cliche about
her having to live with him
. Other than that, this could be an unexpected season gem? Well, I've got a good feeling about it anyway.

I am glad also about the characters. First time in awhile i've been pleased with pretty much all of the ones introduced from the first episode.

i think this will be a sleeper hit.
This, pretty much. I think it will be interesting as the episodes go.
And it is the first time in YEARS where there is an "alien girl comes to earth" concept where it isn't just some massive ecchi harem show. At least as far as I've seen.
Edit: Right, I'm totally in for the duration now.

Last edited:
I'm hopeful for this one, as I like the characters and I think it will develop nicely. My only concern is the liberal use of cliches to setup the premise... hopefully those will be swept under the rug in the second episode and a good story will form.

Not expecting much here, but the first episode was different and nice. A friend said it felt similar to Please Teacher.

EP 1. Interesting and sorta like the story, but like unitzero said it feels just like onegai teacher. I even saw the weird looking alien cute thing. When i first started watching it i had just finished the daily life of boys ep 1, and i thought it was more gundams appearing...

Expected a slow paced and realistic slice of life about some kids making a movie. Got aliens and boobies. Do not know if want.

Ep 2!

Holy cow, good right stuff here! The tiny sempai is a freaking devil. I think gg got a hold of the subs for this one also -.-

Ep 2:
Twin-tailed loli getting them drunk and then recording everything xD
It would be fun if the main character ends up with her instead of the inter-galactic transfer student or the childhood friend.

oh my god i need a gif of the little creature nuzzling her boobs from the OP

Ep 2

God this is good. I really love the characters. The drunk scenes were classic. Mio's random nakedness... o_o I have a nagging feeling this is building up to something dramatic regarding
Ichika looking for a 'place' and Kai's weird infliction along with Kanna's jealousy

Way too much fanservice. What is this, the "put the main character into every awkward sexual situation possible" game? If it were at least semi realistic I'd probably stick it out, but it's just getting ridiculous. Also the main plot is not as interesting as it should be. For a slice of life, sure, but this one's packing in as many genres as possible. Is it action? Is it slice of life? I can't even tell. Dropped.

Episode 1

Oooookay. Both slice-of-life and random... alien... thinginess. I feel somewhat betrayed by the synopsis, though, it gave the impression this'd have a viable love triangle but right now it's seeming like the couple could just as well have a neon sign flashing over their heads while Kanna, whose crush everyone can see, gets shafted.

Other than that... the characters don't seem like cardboard cutouts, although Remon kinda bothers me for some reason. It's like she had to have catchphrases right off the bat. ...Guess I should watch the Onegai series properly to see her role model in action.

...really not sure what to think of this one, it seems like it's one step away from being either boring or having too many things I don't enjoy but still seems to have promise there, too,
interested to see what that cellular decomposition or whatever is going to mean in the longer run
... guess it's at least one more episode before I can decide.

I felt better after watching episode 2 compared to episode 1...
I was afraid this was going to be endless fan service retarded love triangle. While there was a bit of that, the love triangle aspect got thrown in the forefront very quickly, so here's hoping this anime stays away from the typical cliches and does something interesting with itself.

Way too much fanservice. What is this, the "put the main character into every awkward sexual situation possible" game? If it were at least semi realistic I'd probably stick it out, but it's just getting ridiculous. Also the main plot is not as interesting as it should be. For a slice of life, sure, but this one's packing in as many genres as possible. Is it action? Is it slice of life? I can't even tell. Dropped.

Lol you drop this because of the fanservice yet are watching Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki which is cliche as fuck and is going to be full of fan service and gave it a 4 star rating so far on 2 episodes?

Episode 2

Remon is awesome as all hell <3

Back