ZK's 12 Days of Evilmas

ZetsubouKaiji

ZK's 31 days of terror in October was a lot of fun for me and people seemed to enjoy following along with the marathon so we're going to be doing it again, but this time with a twist! All the movies this time are going to be Christmas themed horror movies.

Christmas is generally considered to be a cheerful holiday; a give to give and reconnect with old family and friends. However, much like Halloween Christmas actually has darker origins that live on as folk and fairy tales. Both these aspects mean that the cheerful holiday has a lot of horror movies that use it as a setting. The normal cheerful aspect of the holiday makes for a nice juxtaposition when mixed with the horror genre and the origins of the holiday makes for some twisted ways of showing how the holiday has been co-opted by society to sanitize it into something family friendly.

There are actually enough Christmas themed horror movies to do an entire month, buuuuuut December is a busy time so I will just be doing 12 movies and watching one every other day right up to Christmas eve. That's where you guys come in because once again I need you to recommend movies that you want me to watch.

The rules for recs are pretty simple:

1. It has to be Christmas themed
2. It has to be a horror movie
3. Don't recommend Gremlins because I just watched it for the last marathon and besides everyone knows that movie is awesome.

And that's it! Everyone can start by recommending 1 movie each, but I'll open it up to more if we don't get enough recommendations.

Well you definitely cannot miss out on this classic, Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2

And you know exactly why I'm suggesting this:

IT'S GARBAGE DAY MOTHERFUCKERS.

Eye brows have never been this sexy.

Last edited:
Ah man, this is way out of my area of expertise. I'll try and have a think of something though.

Nah, there's plenty in terms of christmas themed horror movies. I guess it's because I'm so well versed in it, I know there's more than enough.

Actually, having ZK sit through that much re-used footage might be too evil on my part, have this instead:

They keep saying elves, but there's only one elf in the movie. Probably could only afford one of those awesome costumes. The plot synopsis for the movie is amazing though:

Rare trailer for the obscure 1990 schlocker ELVES starring a chain-smoking Dan Haggerty as an alcoholic ex-cop turned department store Santa who unwittingly becomes the only person that can prevent Neo-Nazis from completing their diabolical plan to spawn a psychotic satanic elf that must mate with a purebred Aryan virgin by Christmas Eve in order to procreate Adolf Hitler's half-human/half-elf master race that will conquer the world.

Well you definitely cannot miss out on this classic, Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2

And you know exactly why I'm suggesting this:

IT'S GARBAGE DAY MOTHERFUCKERS.

Eye brows have never been this sexy.

You know I love how little of a shit they gave about making it even vaguely feel like Christmas time. Nothing says the holiday season like birds brightly chirping in and trees full of green leaves.

The Silent Night Deadly Night movies get progressively more wacky as they go and only sort of hold on to the original theme. Part 2 even with all the reused footage from the first movie is still the most entertaining of the lot.

Did you know the original movie actually outperformed Nightmare on Elm Street at the box office?

The Silent Night Deadly Night movies get progressively more wacky as they go and only sort of hold on to the original theme. Part 2 even with all the reused footage from the first movie is still the most entertaining of the lot.

Gotta agree with that, the Eric Freeman ham is just too delicious for words. I haven't seen the remake yet though, maybe I should for completionism sake. Also,

Did you know the original movie actually outperformed Nightmare on Elm Street at the box office?

I can't say I'm surprised about this to be honest. Controversy sells. :laugh:

That looks delectably weird.
The dark humour is actually pretty lovely, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's also probably one of the better Christmas horror movies I've seen.

Gotta agree with that, the Eric Freeman ham is just too delicious for words. I haven't seen the remake yet though, maybe I should for completionism sake.

Silent Night (2012) is only a remake in the loosest sense of the term. Other than a few references here and there the story is completely different with the only real connection being a killer that dresses like Santa. That being said the movie gets crapped on a lot, but it's not a bad slasher flick. There are some good kill that involve some karmic payback. It's not going to knock your socks off, but it's a solid watch if you're expectations aren't sky high.

It probably could have used more eyebrow action, but eh, no film is perfect.

The dark humour is actually pretty lovely, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's also probably one of the better Christmas horror movies I've seen.

Yup, totally agree with that and those are the main reasons I recommended it. It's also got a nice coming of age story for Pietari. He starts out a big wimp, but he throughout the movie he becomes a badass.

Gen just reminded Treevenge is a thing. Everyone should watch that to get into the proper spirit of things.

We've been fucking up the climate for years now, it's only fair now the trees get to fuck us up.

Best environmentally friendly message ever. You fuck with mother nature, a tree is gonna smash the head in one of your babies and skip around with it's dead body.

---
On another note, this how you jack someone's car on Christmas:

Quite possibly the most ninja thing I've seen.

---
On another note, this how you jack someone's car on Christmas:

Quite possibly the most ninja thing I've seen.

Even Santa is surprised when the van starts flying. His look of wonder at entering a world of cartoon physics is priceless.

I like how many Christmas horror flicks manage to get silent night into their title. There's Silent Night Deadly Night, Silent Night Bloody Night and Silent Night Zombie Night. The other popular one is some kind of play on Santa. There's Satan Claus, Psycho Santa, Santa's Slay and Santa Claws.

Speaking of Holiday themed horror I'll try to watch Thankskilling this week. Gotta get in the proper holiday mindset after all.

You just got stuffed! (Video linked because unless you're work is cool with turkey on human sex it's pretty NSFW)

By the way if someone decides to watch the Thankskilling movies please not there is no Thankskilling 2, it goes straight from 1 to 3. The bulk of the "plot" for Thankskilling 3 involves trying to find Thankskilling 2. Yes, it's the dreaded metacomedy, which might be the most horrific thing about the series.

Back