Ys

I'd probably like more modern Ys games more but don't really know which one to pick, and I already have a ton of games anyway.

You can literally pick any modern Ys game (VI, VII, Memories of Celceta, VIII) and not worry about continuity. They're all stand-alone games that have their own gimmicks. If you only need to pick one then Ys VIII is the one I recommend since it's the best of the modern titles so far. PC seems stable now from what I hear. Switch, PS4 and Vita performs fine IMO and the lackluster localization has now been fixed.

You can literally pick any modern Ys game (VI, VII, Memories of Celceta, VIII) and not worry about continuity. They're all stand-alone games that have their own gimmicks. If you only need to pick one then Ys VIII is the one I recommend since it's the best of the modern titles so far. PC seems stable now from what I hear. Switch, PS4 and Vita performs fine IMO and the lackluster localization has now been fixed.
Hmmm, maybe I'll look into getting the switch version once I get a switch (there's rumors of a cheaper switch coming this year anyway, so hopefully I can use that opportunity!)

Hmmm, maybe I'll look into getting the switch version once I get a switch (there's rumors of a cheaper switch coming this year anyway, so hopefully I can use that opportunity!)
As @AdmiralMuffin said, you can easily jump into Ys VIII or any other modern ys game. If you're interested to know more about the Ys series, there's a great site especially made for newcomers to the series.

All in all, Ys VIII is really a great game to start with. It's really unfortunate that it has been given the stigma of being buggy because of it's beta and early release period. But as I said, the PC game is pretty much crash-free now. Trust me, I've already got 130 hours in this game (including beta testing).

pfffft, Flemish Brabant > everything
Meh, we're the only province in Belgium who got our own Wikipedia...

Last edited:
Ys IX Adol and Dogi finally revealed:

6mMfxU2.jpg

Adol sporting a black hair? Intriguing. Probably a disguise of some sorts. I hope Dogi is playable this time.

Picked up Ys Origin on Steam since it was really cheap, heard good things about it. I only played Memories of Celceta on my Vita so far and loved it so hopefully I enjoy this one as well.

I didn't know a super arrange album has released. Of course the original Sunshine Coastline is still better but I actually dig the arrangements. The vocal version is pretty cool too.

I was only able to play the Ys 1 and 2 so far... and that was on the PSP... it's been a long stretch for this series... I gotta have a chance to play them all soon lol

I was only able to play the Ys 1 and 2 so far... and that was on the PSP... it's been a long stretch for this series... I gotta have a chance to play them all soon lol
Most of them are available on PC, and several of them are pretty old games that can run on light system requirements.

Watch for them to go on sale on GOG, Humble Store, and Steam.

Oh God I forgot about them being available on GOG! Gotta grab my copy now! hahah!
GOG and Humble Store both offer DRM-free copies. (GOG is better if you're committed to DRM-free because they also offer old versions and update rollbacks, while Humble Store offers Steam keys as well.)

Ys 8 is decent so far but I wish the map was better laid out. I'm finding that I'm having a hard time navigating due to the area map and minimap not exactly lining up with each other at times or otherwise making it hard to see pathways.

Ys 8 is decent so far but I wish the map was better laid out. I'm finding that I'm having a hard time navigating due to the area map and minimap not exactly lining up with each other at times or otherwise making it hard to see pathways.
Is this like the problem with Mega Man ZX's map?

Back