Venus'/Kanamori's Gender? (Heavens Design Team)

Shirokuma

Warning: This is really unimportant, I'm just sooo curious!

I posted this as a comment on the character already, because I've started obsessing a little too much on this question when I watch Heaven's Design Team: Is Kanamori/Venus male or female?

I don't particually think it matters (that really isn't what the show is about), but since the translation changed from japanese names to planet-names I was looking it up, and apparently most sources say female? Now, I'm not making this to discuss what constitutes gender or claiming that Venus can't be a trans woman. BUT are we 100% sure that he/she is female, or are people just assuming it cause he/she is flamboyant and likes to dress girly?? (very much akin to in Animal Crossing where Gracie/Sahara were changed into females for western audiences because of their appearances)
I'm really confused and can't seem to find anything that supports the gender being female (anime-wise, I haven't read the manga), and can't imagine a situation were it would be brought up that Venus is trans. Is this really the kind of show/manga where they would state "yes, Venus is a trans women", or where do people come up with this? The only hint about gender I picked up on is that Saturn uses the more feminine/neutral "-san" about Ueda, but the masculine "-kun" about Venus, which would indicate he is male? Also, Venus is clearly displaying his chest very proudly, were I feel like trans women would feel more uncomfortable with it, not having transitioned yet. He is very colorful, loves dressing up and has a very feminine way of carrying himself, but I see this more as the japanese stereotype for gay men (and maybe a little more akin to drag or something like Jeffree Star?)
Again, I don't really care about anyones opinion on gender or being trans. I'd just like a scene or a quote or something commenting that venus is female, that isn't just an english pronoun that isn't actually being said in the original language.

How do you delete your own posts, ha ha :')
Guess the bath scene makes this question pretty useless. I'd say however, all taken into consideration, I assume the author was probably going for nonbinary more so than woman. The main outfit having the male chest so exposed seems like an odd design choice to communicate your characther being a trans woman afterall - Especially coming from a show all about designs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I searched around and in the manga, apparently, she went to the girl's bathhouse and if in the anime, the translation has her using she/her pronouns, I think it's pretty definite that Venus is a girl. I don't imagine the adaptation changing it for no reason. Then again, I haven't watched the anime or read the manga. I just searched around for the reasoning that the fans were saying and it seems legit.
I do understand why though, that you'll be questioning about the chest. Like you, I imagine that most transwomen wouldn't be comfortable doing something like that. But the confidence is cool I guess. She found peace with her body and just needed to change into feminine clothing to be okay with how she presents. That's something to admire.

Back