The Battle Cats by PONOS App

SparkyMuse

So, for those who haven't heard of it, there's an app by a company called PONOS called "The Battle Cats" and it can be very addicting. However, the data is device-specific, so if you delete the app, you lose all your data on the game. Which means one time when my last tablet broke I lost all my save data. Sigh.

I'm making this thread to see if anybody else plays it and to share information with others about it.

Essentially, it's a fremium tower-defense style game, I guess, but they give away so much free stuff a person never has to spend a single cent on the app and they can still get a vast amount of fremium content. However, there are several tips I find very important:

1. Don't claim user rank rewards or clear stages unless your energy is almost completely out. Doing so will completely restore your energy, but if you're already at max. energy, or close to, then you basically wasted the free refill.

2. Don't spend your Cat Food (fremium currency) on anything except unlocking the special units or getting Rare Cats from the capsules when they have "starter specials" or when you can do the 11-draw capsule with 100% guaranteed uber rare drop.

3. Your user rank goes up by 1 for every upgrade and cat you get. It doesn't really start getting fun until you get cats up to level 20-ish, I think.

4. Sometimes the game can be one flipping massive grind-fest and can get kinda boring or repetitive, but it's still a very fun game to play.

5. There are times when the game is insanely and ridiculously difficult and appears to be very nearly impossible. Then again, I'm not that great at strategy, either, or timing. As somebody who's worked in the industry I know of once said, the computer cheats as much as it thinks it can get away with. Might be paraphrasing, but still....

6. Only ever use Treasure Radars to unlock units from the special stages where they are listed as drop rewards.

7. Don't use items the first time you go to beat a stage. Play it once, see if you can beat it without items, get a feel for the stage, and then if you lose, I would recommend you google up a strategy or hints and tips before you try again.

Back