Statistics on Anime Watched and Manga Read

LostV

Hi, after having come back to Anime Planet just yesterday, and having updated both my anime list and manga list, which I would like to say took forever.. (Approx 3.5 hours to import some from MyAnimeList, and the rest put in manually.)

But When I was finally done, and I logged in today, I wanted to check some of the stats collected from all my reading and watching, but to a very deep sight of disappointment, there was barley any stats to find about either my anime or manga list.

Currently I have only found the basic info given on my profile front page, where it says how much of your life has gone to it, and how many series, or how many episodes I have seen. But there is so much more stats I would like to see. So I ask, is the stats hidden somewhere, and I need to activate something or is the stats given the only option we have?

If there is no more stats available to us, I would like to request more stats if possible, so I have a short list that can be implemented:
  • Chapters Total
  • Volumes Total
  • Average Ratings
  • Categories In all(Seen and read)
  • What country: Japan, Korea, China, (Webtoon)
  • What percentage has been completed, currently ongoing, etc.
There are much more I would like to see, and it's such a shame if it isn't available yet, cause one of the main reasons I had decided to put all my manga in a list on Anime Planet, was to see the stats, but only to realize so much work was for nothing...

Reactions: Jet
We're working on a stats page that will have stuff like this. No ETA at the moment, but in progress. It's currently possible to filter your personal list by any of the hundreds of tags (such as webtoon, manhua, etc) so that will give you a rough idea of those, at least.

I'll note that we have plenty of functionality and offerings here that our competitors don't, not just potential stats. As one example, we list all webtoons and a large amount of OELs, a vast majority of which aren't listed on other databases such as MAL.

Yeah, I have seen the large database of series, and that I actually quite like. I will be sticking around to hopefully see some more statistics.

Yeah, I have seen the large database of series, and that I actually quite like. I will be sticking around to hopefully see some more statistics.
Would definitely be worth listing anymore stats you'd like to see in this thread.

Would definitely be worth listing anymore stats you'd like to see in this thread.
Well if I am allowed to go more in depth about what I wish for, there are a few I can specify:

Manga/Manhwa/Manhua/Webcomic
Or this I would like to see what percentage in some sort of graph, it could be cake, flat, dots, etc.
Or in the case every single manga in the database get a listing of what country it's origin is from, you may place that too.
(I am well aware how overkill that request is, so by no means those it need to be there.

But not only the percentage would I like, but also the amount of course, and as my next category under will explain, I would like in depth look at how many ch/vl of each type/country.

Manga CH, Volumes and amount
When it comes to the chapters, volumes and and amount of each type, I would like for each category to display the amount of it's combined total.
Of course showing some sort of graph from what has been read, reading, want to read, etc. From what I have in mind, is some sort like this:

• Total Manga: 156
  • Total Chapters: 5402
  • Total Volumes: 562

Followed by some sort of graph, most likely the cake graph is the easiest. but depending on what stats, it could be better with standard flat or others.

Next example will be with read category:

• Currently reading: 52
  • Total Chapters: 1263
  • Total Volumes: 250
view

Total.png

And here you can have some sort of graph again, but this graph would be better if you placed it compared to what you have "Read" "Dropped" "On Hold" etc.

By far my examples are simplistic and is by no means what I envision while giving it, but it's the general idea. There are a lot more examples I could give, but I guess you can see what I mean, I included of a very basic graph to show the example above.

Manga read based on category/tags
We can of course by now sort based on what category, but we can't really see how much we like of each category. What I have in mind, is both numbers and some sort of graph that can show how much, how many, and compared to others what category we like to read the most. There is a lot you can do with this, for example giving every number to each category we have read, even combining my ideas above with this.

By far this would be what I consider most interesting, as I really wish to have some sort of chance to see what am I looking at, question if my life is going down the wrong way (Have been telling people that romance and me is a bad deal, but I have a felling if I look at the stats, I will shit myself...)

There are a few more things I could place, but honestly I think this is more than enough for my own gain. I am mostly interested in the manga aspect of stats, and less for the anime side. So if any one else, would join and give some insight of what they want from anime perspective, go for it!

And lastly thanks again for the good site, hope to see some of the ideas come to fruition. :sweat:

Don't blame me, I am currently studying marketing, so number ans statistics is kinda my job looking forward. Just love reading em :@_@:

Can't second this enough. Would be so awesome to get some stats like what anilist boasts.
Another missing feature, that could make sorting stuff easier is depicting the date and possibly time you marked a title. Near your score that is.

Back