School-Live!

Ive now also read some posts in this thread about those hints.

I knew the premise of the show (zombie outbreak) and saw several hints but I did not expect the end of the first episode because....
I already assumed a zombie outbreak happened, during classtime and these were the survivors stuck at school. Like HoTD. And as they were trapped they lived at school, some would do their own thing and some would try to live an ordinary live with classes despite zombies being around.

This explained for myself the barricade, broken windows, dog, sleaping/eating, cross at the roof, the spade and some chars not caring about lessons and what more hints there were.

And when Yuki talked to the girls in the class they gave her some look when they said ''right you're a member of the school live club'' . They seemed a bit cold which made me believe the school was also divided in a group of those never leaving the building and those venturing outside for food/help. And there was a bit of friction between the groups. But I never suspected everyone was dead.

And as for Yuki being a hazard to the group, she does seem to have some understanding of the situation through Megumi and she keep the group optomistic. Like how Miki was just surviving in the mall and not living, Yuki makes sure the rest is all alive. And so far she has not brought them yet in any great danger.
Also Yuri has said herself they are no experts so just leave her be.

Ep 7
Now they replaced Megumi for a cross in the opening :)

Ep 8
Hmm zombie Megumi, I wonder what will happen if Yuki saw her.

Ep 9
Shame about those fanserivce close-ups the last few eps....

Ep 10
OH NOES!

Ep 11
So the OP now is during sunset, to represent the end / night is near and the fun times are over...and Megumi the cross has been replaced by Megumi the zombie and the dog has disappeared....nice touch again, love how they alter the OP each time a major event has happened.

Ep 12
Im glad Kurumi lives but Im also upset at the same time they got such miracle vaccin and its a happy end after all that set up

Second half focused more on the drama/survival instead of the mystery, not as entertaining, not sure about a score but probally a 4/5.

Last edited:
Episode 1: The little puppy that could
It had a typical first episode of a sol anime so I started to get bored half way through. The main focus was some airheaded girl chasing a dog up and down a school. Then I started wondering... why are they living inside the school? Why is a dog allowed to be there? What geniuses would let their kids live in the school 24/7? Why was the hallway blocked? The answer is simple: zombies :)))))
Since I try my best to no read the tags or the synopses of the anime, the ending of the episode took me by surprise. The premise is intriguing but I hope we won't spend a lot of time in Yuki's fantasy (and that the fan service will be keep to a minimum or dialed up to 1000 as in the case of HotD), though, a half and half thing would work best for me: half the episode we see the fantasy and the other half we see what actually happened.

Episode 2: Things that go bump in the night
It was nice to see more about Kurumi's past and learning that she had to kill that dude she liked was cool but I want to know what happened in the mall with Miki. A question: are they all not carrying weapons in order to protect Yuki's fantasy? Also, how is Megumi the only surviving adult? Also also, I want to know, and hope the anime will show me, how the zombies appeared.

Episode 3: Dead man walking
We get a bit more back story and everyone was there when Kurumi killed the dude and that's just awesome. The scene made the premise feel more real as we got to see their reactions to the killing and to what was happening outside. I guess that's when Yuki first dissociated but I hope we get to see the moment from her perspective at some point.

I am starting to question the existence of Megumi... Is she a ghost and if is she, how can all the girls see her? Is she even human? Maybe she's half zombie... Hmmm, what if we see everything through her eyes and she is the one dissociating and not Yuki? That would be a hell of a twist :D

Episode 4: Back from the dead
Well, Megumi is dead/a figment of Yuki's imagination/not here or whatever you want to call it! Definite proof for me is found in the car scene.
The whole let's go with the car to get supplies feels forced as there seems to be no real need for that, other then Yuki's delusions.
It was nice to see what happened to Miki but I still can't understand her friend motivation for leaving. Hmm, maybe Miki killed and ate her and that's why the dog does not like her. He was next! :D

Episode 5: Don't open, dead inside
How unaware do you have to be to open a barricaded door, in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? Bad move, Kurumi! I'm disappointed!
At that point in the story, I think Yuki must have fully dissociated from reality so she takes the spotlight in this episode, being the one that finds and helps Miki.
Thinking about Megumi, it would be really interesting if Yuki was the personality that Megumi reverted to, instead of a case of multiple personalities. Because of the stress of the situation, the teacher reverts to a child persona in order to protect her psyche. Maybe she saw a whole class getting killed and that's what broke her since she liked children so much.
Whatever the case, when the reveal comes, it will be cool to see what theory was true!

Episode 6: I see dead people
They finally showed us that Megumi is dead! Yeeeey!
It would have been interesting if Miki would've been more blunt or a bit more aggressive when questioning Yuki about Megumi. Force her a bit more to face reality but it it was it is!
I guess, with Megumi's death, the last of Yuki's marbles left

Episode 7: Left for dead I
Are they the only ones left in the city, the country, the world? Maybe someone will see the balloon-letters and (with the hopes that they actually wrote an address on them) will come and get them.
It's interesting to see Yuki's struggle with reality. Will she ever go back to normal and face the situation or will she forever live in the made up world she created? Will the girls try to force her to snap out of it? Makes me wonder what would happen to me and other I know if we were in this type of situation. We all want to believe we are strong enough but you never actually know.

Episode 8: Left for dead II
Was the scribbled notes supposed to be Megumi's doing? Being a zombie might not be forever after all :D
The fan service was unnecessary and it really bothered me... Why do I need to see that?
Between the hope of the last episode and them opening the case and finding the files (that pretty much let the girls know that no one is coming for them), I wonder where will this go from here. I do hope for an increase in darkness because these last 2 episodes were unnecessarily cutesy (and unnecessary in general since they don't to much character development).
Still, why do some school teachers need info about bio-weapons? The plot thickens!!!

Episode 9: The boobs and the undead
Meh... filler and it would've worked better if this and episode 8 were swapped.

Episode 10: Cujo
Kurumi getting bitten is sad but going alone, beyond the barricaded area was stupid so you reap what you sow, I guess. And could they just cut her arm off? Is that an option?
The dog is finally dead! :D I'm glad because he was pointless!
But I don't really get it. How did Megumi reach the basement if she died were Yuki always goes to talk to her? Also, we always see her in the room with the desk. Is that room in the basement or on the other side of that door were Yuki goes? Is this another flashback type situation and we are actually watching someone's memories about the time they were stuck in the school? Is everyone dead but Yuki? I'm confused but entertained.

Episode 11: Z-Day
Yuki has finally accepted reality but, to be honest, it took tooooo much to reach this point and I've lost all interest.
Why doesn't Yuuri kill Kurumi as she promised? Why doesn't the stupid dog attack Miki? Why do they have the medicine there? That means that some were infected in order to properly test the vaccine/cure. Zombie Megumi was just smart enough to write and she managed to find enough time in her busy schedule to mark the container with the medicine so it's easier to spot thanks to the bloody marks... Give me a break!
And am I supposed to be on the edge of my seat now for the next episode? Since I can say for sure that Miki will get out of that room and reach Kurumi with the cure (maybe Yuki helps to kill a few zombies), I don't care one bit.

Episode 12: The end?!
Miracle vaccine to the rescue and a bunch of sappy graduation related stuff... a meh ending since it did not feel like a real ending (maybe a season 2 was in the works but as we are in 2019 and there isn't one, I'm left feeling like something is missing). The foreshadowing was topnotch though!
The speeches were pure forced drama but the "Thank you" as the last dog's words was good so I guess, like the series as a whole, this is 50/50. Not to bad and not to good.
Adding the animation and the sound a 3.5 stars rating feels a bit much but good enough.

Last edited:
this whole anime was going good up until episode 10 then it started to go in a new pace "Dramatic pace" and just falls flat on so many retcons, some of them even break the entirety of the plot

As a horror fan i really enjoyed it. However i feel the story they were trying to tell was too big for a 12 episode anime and this should really have been a 2 hour anime movie on the big screen.

Back