Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends

I'm only here, because you're my bro, @HasseRovdjur
But I still hate you

Did she cut her boobs, as well as her hair? I like her clothes, though.
Why do the episodes feel so long? I thought it must have been the end already, but it was only the 5th minute.
The dressing up fetish is weird. And so is sexulising every single thing girls do. Underage girls at that.

The beginning looks like a pretty dreamy setting tbh. Tea, books, nature, and a piano? What's not to love.
What's worse than a mullet? A mullet in a ponytail.

Finally the straight guys show up.
The internet connection died on me halfway through. Even it can't stand this crap.
On that day humanity remembered...
I would say this was utterly pointless, but so are all the other episodes.
Oh, no, Anne, you're too strong. You're too perfect. Poor you.

A beach episode. That's what was missing. Should have seen it coming.
"Not buts," she says. I see a lot of them.
This is like that one beach volleyball anime that I dropped, where all the straight guys said all the fanservice was completely natural, and therefore not ecchi. Uh-huh. It's one thing to wear swimsuits, it's another to constantly force tits and asses and suggestive poses in your face. God, I miss Golden Kamuy. Tanigaki would do it so much better.
Grea has a nice voice.

Episode 8
Was Grea always that tall? Is she wearing heels? Why didn't the loli hitch up her skirt before taking a shit? Why am I giving a shit? Seems dangerous, so I'll just imagine that I'm looking at that extremely NSFW Majima art that I found. Image training!

The GL undertones from the play might have been cutting edge back in... well, the nineties, but these days, we want better and less shite GL. And preferably without characters like Anne.

We should put a moratorium on German in anime. Asuka is the only one permitted to speak it.

My mental fatigue isn't helped by these episodes. I can feel my precious brain cells committing suicide in protest.

God, I miss Golden Kamuy. Tanigaki would do it so much bettergayer.
FIFY

that extremely NSFW Majima art that I found
tumblr_oemvemyqWD1qf8lh6o4_540.gif

I don't see the difference

Episode 10
Well, that was that.

I am not opposed to shows with little in the way of traditional plot, but the conflicts and character and relationship developments in this are not remotely interesting to me. Most of the characters are stock archetypes, and Grea is the only one with anything resembling a personality. And she's not annoying, which is a plus.

The high fantasy trappings aren't very engaging, and I must admit that the magic stuff made little diference to me. But at least it looks pretty most of the time.

2/5

Episode 10
Well, that was that.

I am not opposed to shows with little in the way of traditional plot, but the conflicts and character and relationship developments in this are not remotely interesting to me. Most of the characters are stock archetypes, and Grea is the only one with anything resembling a personality. And she's not annoying, which is a plus.

The high fantasy trappings aren't very engaging, and I must admit that the magic stuff made little diference to me. But at least it looks pretty most of the time.

2/5
Time to postpone the last three episodes to infinity, you say? I hear you.

That's one ugly dress. Not even Grea can pull it off.
As a person who did theatre for 6 six years, it's way better to feel nervous before a play, because then you're calm during. If you force yourself to be calm before, you're going to get nervous during. Works with exams, too.
Was the singing in Engrish?

@HasseRovdjur while I struggle to finish, you're tasked to find another GL (or a non-GL with lesbians) to group-watch. I haven't really seen that many myself. How about the ultimate trash, Citrus? I'm down, if you're down. :D

I don't know how they do it, but each episode has a stupider plot than the last. It's very clear they just want to tick off a list of cliché scenarios, but they have no idea how to do it.
"Let's make our main characters fight!"
"Should we maybe give them an actual reason to fight? A real conflict worth fighting for?"
"Nah, just throw in some bullshit, no one cares. Let's show Grea's thighs!"

No, you can't just say something up front. No, you always have to be interrupted right before you're about to say it, and then you don't say it, even though you can.
I like when shows end up the way they started, but it feels different. All the parallels.

Overall, trashy 3/10 from me. Grea was the only good part about it.

A remarkably flat and uninspired show, and I do prefer these slice of life\CGDCT. The thicc dragon girl made it somewhat viewable when she was on screen and there were a few top notch backgrounds but besides that it was terrible. You can turn off the subtitles and not miss anything.

Back