Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation

Episode 1

Forced and Mediocre so far.
Everything is shoved down our throats without much regard of subtlety.
The male lead is intentionally a blank slate generic while the apparent female lead is a powerful Mary Sue.
The CGI doesn't look terrible but it's not close to amazing either.
The whole supporting cast is blatant in their acts and feels unnatural for the most part so far.
Overall, negative first impression is to be had.

Sega give marketing robot two days to write PSO2 script. Marketing robot have hard time understanding human emotions and society, so marketing robot identify commonalities in what humans call 'plots' and placed them in satisfactory structure of a 'show'.

Marketing robot give self high marks for enhanced levels of product synergy, a thing that marketing robot know humans love according to its algorithms. Marketing robot give much effort but still calculates it have much to learn about being robot artist.

Episode 4

Oh dear, they are bringing game enemies into real life, or at least they seem to be implying that they are....

gods.

Episode 5

Ah, Kana Asumi doing an endowed hyperactive side character. Some talk about AI being hyperrealistic in the game just to make us ''think'' or rather accept that the game is... well you know...

What can I say, it's quite obvious that Phantasy Star Online 2 is bleeding over into reality with people ''mysteriously'' going missing and Suzuki obviously being originally from the game/world instead of from earth, obviously. The AI being hyper-realistic just like real highschool girls is just another forceful push down our throats of the premise. ( I.e. the world is real, the NPC's really feel like real people because they are real people)

This anime is painfully dumb after being somewhat dull the plot becomes stupider and stupider...

Last edited:
Episode 4

Oh dear, they are bringing game enemies into real life, or at least they seem to be implying that they are....

gods.

Either that or Kouta took one hell of a crap xD

Episode 5

Th-they animated the Lillipa Rescue mission...

dramatic-dog-o.gif

Jokes aside, this anime is meh. It only kind of works as a massive ad for the game, which doesn't mean it's decent

PS: Patty is as grating as she was in the game

Episode 6

Hot Spring Episode, tits...
More 'hints' that the monsters are coming into the real world ( I think a hammer wasn't subtle enough )

I randomly stumbled upon the ED for this...and it is glorious; I don't know what I'm watching, but I like it. Doesn't even look like anyone mentioned that in here. Come on!

Still never gonna watch this anime however.

Episode 12 [Final]

Quite a painfully shounen trope filled episode. Overall this series at first was more of a slice of life ordeal with gaming and than transformed into something that is just a very blatant shounen toward the end. It is however far better than Divine Gate, not that that was hard.

2.75/5

Back