Mysterious Girlfriend X

They have time and money to spend in lots and lots of crap and shit, while they could use all of that to make something good, something REAL good and original.

Back up. Did you just call Black Lagoon, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Elfen Lied, HOTD, Spice and Wolf, Usagi Drop, and Eden of the east crap? You sir, officially need to be quiet.

Back up. Did you just call Black Lagoon, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Elfen Lied, HOTD, Spice and Wolf, Usagi Drop, and Eden of the east crap? You sir, officially need to be quiet.

No I did not. I didn't say that ALL of the 12 episode things are bad, I just said that I find a big part of them bad. You sir, officially need to learn how to read.

They have time and money to spend in lots and lots of crap and shit, while they could use all of that to make something good, something REAL good and original. Which is in fact quite possible. And I could bring so many nice and kickass things Gainax has produced, that it would once again prove my point that more originals would be really appreciated and could easily kick the ass of other more silly manga adaptations, period.

No, they freaking don't.
:seriously:
Do you simply not care, or did you miss the news that the anime industry is pretty damn heavily wavering nowadays?
And what exactly is your point? The people writing mangas and Light Novels are
*drumroll*
writers!
When studios do make originals they usually get people who write the stories of mangas on board.

I concur.

In the end you'll get the same stuff from an "original" as you would from a manga, because the studios will still pander to the audience.
So they'd work on the same principles as Mangakas.

No I did not. I didn't say that ALL of the 12 episode things are bad, I just said that I find a big part of them bad. You sir, officially need to learn how to read.
Hell, I linked to "most" of those that people even care about.
And the 12 episode system is because they have to abide by the laws of nature: They can't magically create more hours than exists in a year.

ENOUGH! This is a discussion thread for Mysterious Girlfriend X. Take this fighting to DAT.
813585.jpg

BGMaxie, I sincerely feel that you are simply going out of your way to be an annoyance to many people. Your opinion is not shared by a large part of the community as well as not popular in the industry to begin with. A lot of stories in television are taken from books or other sources. Manga happens to be quite big and far more appealing to be put into animation. To look down on manga as a source of story material for anime is fairly pointless.

Do you wish to know why? Well, if it has not yet occurred to you I could tell you this: Stories no matter if they are BOOK, FILM, MANGA or ANIME are always written by people. Succesful mangaka's have written appealing stories the only hurdle in adapting it into anime is the adaption process itself. The people writing an original anime have to proof themselves during the animes run, the chance that the anime would turn out badly is significantly higher than of a popular manga would be adapted. Not to mention, the additional writer that would be needed would provide an extra cost-post and the anime has less guarantee of financial success since it cannot tap into an existing fanbase. Manga adaptions can do this even if they 'suck'. Hence they are saver.

I also feel entitled to say that what you stated is an insult to mangaka's, who often manage to have a story told in a more satisfying way than they can manage to do in the adaptions, simply because the script adapters ( writers) cannot achieve the same level of storytelling as the mangaka.

BGMaxie, I sincerely feel that you are simply going out of your way to be an annoyance to many people. Your opinion is not shared by a large part of the community as well as not popular in the industry to begin with. A lot of stories in television are taken from books or other sources. Manga happens to be quite big and far more appealing to be put into animation. To look down on manga as a source of story material for anime is fairly pointless.

Do you wish to know why? Well, if it has not yet occurred to you I could tell you this: Stories no matter if they are BOOK, FILM, MANGA or ANIME are always written by people. Succesful mangaka's have written appealing stories the only hurdle in adapting it into anime is the adaption process itself. The people writing an original anime have to proof themselves during the animes run, the chance that the anime would turn out badly is significantly higher than of a popular anime would be adapted. Not to mention, the additional writer that would be needed would provide an extra cost-post and the anime has less guarantee of financial success since it cannot tap into an existing fanbase. Manga adaptions can do this even if they 'suck'. Hence they are saver.

I also feel entitled to say that what you stated is an insult to mangaka's, who often manage to have a story told in a more satisfying way than they can manage to do in the adaptions, simply because the script adapters ( writers) cannot achieve the same level of storytelling as the mangaka.
I do not disregard mangas, as in fact I like a lot of mangas. But if mangakas can make awesome stories, why cannot studios do the same? Be it manga, novel, or an original work, everything here is a gamble, you try and you see if you're or not successful, and of course there is a lot of money and time spent in either kind of work. I'm not saying that manga adaptations are bad, idiotic, garbage, or anything of the like. All I said is that I'd really like seeing more original works, as for my part I do "respect" more the original works as it proves that studios do have a creative brain instead of just taking somebody's work. That is all, and many will disagree with me (may or not be the mayority) but other do agree with me as well, and that is the fun of this forum, to share opinions, and argue a bit, we all learn a thing or two don't we? What is so wrong about that? Would you rather have me post "Yeah you're right" "Yeah, agreed" and/or just press the like button? That would be WAY too boring and monotone which this forum is not.

ENOUGH! This is a discussion thread for Mysterious Girlfriend X. Take this fighting to DAT.
Speaking of which I still haven't watched the first episode, so many series bombarding this season D:

Damn this is waaaay off-topic.

BG, I do believe you misinterpreted Tsumi. Wasn't the original argument that there aren't any original ideas in this season's anime? Not having straight to anime stories rather than adaptations?

BOT: Initial prospect sounds fairly disturbing, and I'm guessing it's going to be a fairly standard story after the whole guy meets crazy girl thing...
Animation isn't particularly my style either (I prefer the more clean and crisp look of more recent series).

So I can safely say, I won't be watching this.

Damn this is waaaay off-topic.

BG, I do believe you misinterpreted Tsumi. Wasn't the original argument that there aren't any original ideas in this season's anime? Not having straight to anime stories rather than adaptations?

BOT: Initial prospect sounds fairly disturbing, and I'm guessing it's going to be a fairly standard story after the whole guy meets crazy girl thing...
Animation isn't particularly my style either (I prefer the more clean and crisp look of more recent series).

So I can safely say, I won't be watching this.
That is Tsumi's point, mine was based in a part on it, and not completelly, in the fact that original anime are indeed few, and that I (or we) dislike that.

As for the topic:

I can say this series seem that will have the drool on a regular basis. She is indeed a very weird girl, and that guy seems to fairly unique as well. This relationship is likely to be quite a mix of things.

I think imma keep watching it for a while, still the drool thing is kinda, waaaaaaaaaay out of your "couple" story, huh? Well maybe it is to be expected from a seinen manga.

Wow, this show is absolutely enthralling/fascinating, however it sucks for me because I honestly find the spit/drool stuff revolting (it literally makes my stomach turn).

It's amazing otherwise. Is that going to be a major element of this series (like every episode)?

Wow, this show is absolutely enthralling/fascinating, however it sucks for me because I honestly find the spit/drool stuff revolting (it literally makes my stomach turn).

It's amazing otherwise. Is that going to be a major element of this series (like every episode)?
Actually yes it is like every day basis, and to top it off it changes slightly the way at which they will do it. You may get used to it because it defines the series and mwakes it what it is...even if it is a bit disturbing
I actually understand where your coming from i read the manga and felt nothing, but that one part where he
just swiped his finger across the drool and stick it in his mouth that made it a bit off for me... i guess seeing it in a manga and watching it in animated form really do change the way we look at it.

You aren't the only one. I admit, I had to fight back a gag when he stuck his finger in the desk drool.

It'd be one thing if it looked like drool (transparent and in limited quantities), but it's another when it looks like other bodily fluids and is shown in abundance. Drool isn't viscous, and it certainly doesn't have any opacity.

I don't see how they wouldn't be getting the same effect/symbolism by just sticking with the finger sucking aspect... it's enough to get the point across.

Last edited:
It'd be one thing if it looked like drool (transparent and in limited quantities), but it's another when it looks like other bodily fluids and is shown in abundance. Drool isn't viscous, and it certainly doesn't have any opacity.

I don't see how they wouldn't be getting the same effect/symbolism by just sticking with the finger sucking aspect... it's enough to get the point across.

When certain elements are important they tend to over-exaggerate them. Kind of reminds me how Seikon no Qwaser was, with so many tons of breastmilk, and I was like "WTF, how come there can be so much of it so easily?"

Back